PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a car.

cobraman302
01-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Looking for some advice here if anyone has any to offer.

I have only had one vehicle shipped to me and that was back in 2003, so I am not familiar with vehicle shipping.

I am looking to potentially have a notch shipped from Arizona here to Cincy. Does anyone have any experience recently shipping cars this far? I can't even remember which company I used last time. I am expecting to spend $700 or so for shipping on an uncovered trailer. Any tips/advice you can give me is much appreciated. Nirmally I would try and find a car within driving sitance, but I realllllly love this car and the price is right.

Thanks again, Rich.

mustangboy
01-18-2011, 06:36 PM
My advice is to buy my car and I will deliver it to your door.

97dustang
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM
i bought a car in mesa, az (a suburb of phoenix) in 2006 and it was 500 to have it shipped here. They did an excelent job, car was nice and clean, no scratches, dents or dings. I'll dig out the reciept and see if i can find the company name for you.

flights out there are pretty cheap, you could probably fly out and drive it back (if its streetable) for cheaper than 700

cobraman302
01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
My advice is to buy my car and I will deliver it to your door.

I knew that was coming. You have a steap price tag on your ride, but I am still considering it, trust me.

i bought a car in mesa, az (a suburb of phoenix) in 2006 and it was 500 to have it shipped here. They did an excelent job, car was nice and clean, no scratches, dents or dings. I'll dig out the reciept and see if i can find the company name for you.

flights out there are pretty cheap, you could probably fly out and drive it back (if its streetable) for cheaper than 700

I appreciate it man. I did the math already and its $160 for a flight out there from Loiusville, and an 1800 mile (30 hours) drive. That's $350 in fuel and $160 for flight, total of $410 and 2 days to get out there and back.

sean
01-18-2011, 06:56 PM
500 seems like a great price for a car to be shipped that far.

Gearhead
01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I used Larry's Auto Transport to ship a car from outside St. Louis to N Ky about a year ago. Sort of a Mom and Pop type operation that contracts out some of their work. I was very happy with them and the price was reasonable, I contracted for an open trailer, but they were able to ship it enclosed for just a few bucks more.

http://www.larrysautotransport.com/

thecollector
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Express auto transport got a Long bed Crew cab D-max from my office in LA to my office in Loveland for $900. Open ride. They are a pretty big company, located locally in West chester and had excellent customer service. Everybody subs out work to everybody else, it just depends on the logistics for that week as to who's truck your car rides on. Whoever you use Make sure they have insurance, it may also be wise to insure the car yourself as well prior to the trip. That's a long stint and some carriers will give your car "layover" at someplace between the pickup and dropoff- Express does same truck shipment you may just need to wait a few days for it to be picked up. Good luck, Regardless of pics/videos I would hate to purchase a car long distance sight unseen.

mustangboy
01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Did you have any luck getting the car shipped. I would like to get a general idea of cost myself just in case I do sell my car this spring.

cobraman302
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I havent made the decision to try and get a quote as of yet. I am tossing up the idea of getting a car in Indiana or this one in AZ.

nsaniti
01-23-2011, 03:23 PM
I had one of my stangs shipped out here from cinci when I moved, I paid like 650 I believe. Depending on where in AZ I could take a look at the car for ya. Just let me know :]

bangingears
01-23-2011, 03:36 PM
i can tell ya you are going to spend more then $600 to have a car shipped from az/ca to OH. If its cheaper then that, stay away..........also sometimes it can take weeks to months till the transport agency is in the area to pick -up.

nsaniti
01-23-2011, 03:40 PM
like I said, I paid 650 from cinci to scottsdale AZ.. was shipped on the back of a semi car transport trailer (like you see dealership cars on) full of a bunch of classic cars.. was very legit, and I set up an appointment ahead of time for it to be picked up.