PDA

View Full Version : Auto Mechanic Needed

DSSKing68
01-19-2011, 07:24 AM
My Tahoe died on me this morning...with the coming weather and my schedule I am looking to farm this one out.

I think it is the fuel pump AGAIN...haven't had time to check FP yet.

Looking for somewhere on the east side to have it towed to.....

Comments/suggestions??

bobtsgt
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
where at did it die? did you put a factory pump back in it before or a reman?

DSSKing68
01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Died in Reading...I have towing insurance. I put a reman in. I know...Stupid, happened right before Christmas last year, tried to save some coin. :flipoff:

Pitbull1052
01-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Died in Reading...I have towing insurance. I put a reman in. I know...Stupid, happened right before Christmas last year, tried to save some coin. :flipoff:

you'll hear mixed reviews on this one but he rebuilt my tranny and has done some other work for me but it's Steve at Hi Tech, or Teck not sure how it's spelled but there's one location in Batavia across from the license branch, and then one in Amelia by Little Ceasers....... he's a member on here as well. Again he did great work for me. Good Luck

thecollector
01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Chris @ R style on Wards corner takes good care of me. Probably a quick turn around at any shop with how slow things are now.

Dirtyd0g
01-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I can have it done by this evening.
Alan

DSSKing68
01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Picked it up last night. I would recommend Alan, great workmanship, quick service, and fair prices.

Thanks Alan, I am ready for the upcoming Blizzard!:D

03z06vette
01-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Just my .02 make sure the ground wire to the frame from the fuel pump harness is clean Sand the frame and repalce the washer.

Dirtyd0g
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Typical scenario of a non OEM pump, last about a year. Whoever changed it last just used butt connectors to connect the wiring too so that may have played a role the wires were green. I cut them back to clean wire, soldered and heat shrinked em with a new pigtail that comes with the pump. It should last as long as the stock one did now.
Fixed a broken evap line and strap bolt while I was in there as well.
Thanks for bringing it by.
Alan