PDA

View Full Version : Looking to relocate to Florida possibly

Flaming87lx
01-19-2011, 02:45 PM
My mom has a place in Leesburg which is not far from Ocala. I'm taking her down the second weekend in Feb. I'm going to stay for a week or so and try to find employment. I cant seem to find anything around here. I'm looking for management positions in automotive service and with lots of resumes posted, nothing has presented itself. I haven't been a tech for many years and I dont really want to go back to that. I love Florida and spent many vacations there. I'm going to have to commute because my town is dead and with winter being here it would be hard to get to work some days with the snow and ice. I might has well commute in good weather.

jack90gt
01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
florida is awesome. The wife and I have been talking about moving down to ft. Pierce. Just with the newborn it is not practical right now. I wish you and your family luck. It's like my dad always said you have to go where the work is...

INSANEBA
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok, now I'm jealous! That place is awesome! And after Cali falls into the ocean, it'll be the new vacation hot spot more than it already is! I lived in St.Pete/Clearwater for 8 years, boy do I miss it!

nsaniti
01-19-2011, 04:30 PM
ehh fuck humidity. out here in the valley is where its at :]

Gene
01-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Florida, especially central Florida, has an even worse job market than around here.

If you want someplace warm with jobs, look at Dallas or Houston.

jack90gt
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
ehh fuck humidity. out here in the valley is where its at :]

haha lmfao

Flaming87lx
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Florida, especially central Florida, has an even worse job market than around here.

If you want someplace warm with jobs, look at Dallas or Houston.

I have family in florida. Thanks for the info tho.

sean
01-19-2011, 08:10 PM
We were all set to move to the clear water area until I found the job I have now. If I get to pissed at this place were are outta here. I have family there too and there is work out there. Just may not be exactly what your looking for.

beefcake
01-19-2011, 08:39 PM
We were all set to move to the clear water area until I found the job I have now. If I get to pissed at this place were are outta here. I have family there too and there is work out there. Just may not be exactly what your looking for.

My wife would move to clearwater tomorrow if i wanted to, lol. she loves it there

Flaming87lx
01-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Looking forward to year around racing :D

jack90gt
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Looking forward to year around racing :D

That is the good thing about moving down there.... my father in law told me it was 72 down there today.....:bigthumb

bbfstanger
01-19-2011, 10:37 PM
good luck! and hell yeah year round racin!

INSANEBA
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
My wife would move to clearwater tomorrow if i wanted to, lol. she loves it there

I was just looking at pics of our first christmas in clearwater. We went to the beach for the afternoon, man was it great! Ofcourse the locals were looking at us like we were fools, but we loved it. Sooooo much to do all the time, and then I move back to Lima, OH. WtF was I thinking lmao!:confused:

97dustang
01-19-2011, 11:30 PM
yea, ive also been looking for a job down there, im a tech, so if you get down there and find something tech wise let me know. it would be a tough move though, the only family i have in the country is my parents and they live here in cincy, but id like to make the move anyways. it may get lonely but at least it will be warm :) lol

Flaming87lx
01-20-2011, 12:16 AM
yea, ive also been looking for a job down there, im a tech, so if you get down there and find something tech wise let me know. it would be a tough move though, the only family i have in the country is my parents and they live here in cincy, but id like to make the move anyways. it may get lonely but at least it will be warm :) lol

will do :bigthumb

Flaming87lx
01-20-2011, 12:21 AM
I was just looking at pics of our first christmas in clearwater. We went to the beach for the afternoon, man was it great! Ofcourse the locals were looking at us like we were fools, but we loved it. Sooooo much to do all the time, and then I move back to Lima, OH. WtF was I thinking lmao!:confused:

Growing up, my grandparents had a place in the keys.... We always left a few days before christmas break and spent a couple weeks there... I went fishing many christmas days, I love salt water fishing.... You never know what your going to pull out of the ocean...

Timido
01-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Florida is great but the job market does suck there is not alot of industry down there. The house prices were high before the mortgage crisis and now they are way low.

Dirtyd0g
01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
I don't think I could handle florida. The wife and I want to move to North or South Carolina.
Alan

Flaming87lx
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't think I could handle florida. The wife and I want to move to North or South Carolina.
Alan

I've never been to the Carolina's, but the area in which my mom lives is a small town atmosphere and low crime area. Lots of retired people. All of the beachs and attractions are an hour or 2 hours away...

nsaniti
01-20-2011, 04:37 PM
north carolina is nice, I almost moved to charlotte before I moved out here.

KB1
01-20-2011, 09:28 PM
I have been kicking it around too, I had a offer last year to work for Champion Porsche, my wife is from Seminole, she would go in a heartbeat.
If you go Troy best of luck to you, pleasure to have met you.

Kevin

Flaming87lx
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I have been kicking it around too, I had a offer last year to work for Champion Porsche, my wife is from Seminole, she would go in a heartbeat.
If you go Troy best of luck to you, pleasure to have met you.

Kevin

You to Kevin, I'll keep you all posted. I havent heard from any prospected employers yet so it may be awhile. I hope to make some appearences to put a face with my resume while I'm down there for a week coming up here in Feb.

97dustang
01-21-2011, 09:19 PM
north carolina is nice, I almost moved to charlotte before I moved out here.

I just got back from a trip to sedona and phoenix a couple weeks ago. Its awesome out there, just a totally different landscape than up here, I like it alot though. If you ever need any work done to your stang i recomend the guys at AMP Performance, they're on university right by the airport. Ive done a lot of business with them and went and hung out in the shop with them this last time i was out there, great group of guys!

nsaniti
01-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I just got back from a trip to sedona and phoenix a couple weeks ago. Its awesome out there, just a totally different landscape than up here, I like it alot though. If you ever need any work done to your stang i recomend the guys at AMP Performance, they're on university right by the airport. Ive done a lot of business with them and went and hung out in the shop with them this last time i was out there, great group of guys!

I normally do all of my own work, but havent heard of AMP. Got dyno tuned at PSR and AZdynochip.. which airport ? sky harbour or tucson? Ill definitely check them out, and can send a lot of business their way.

nsaniti
01-21-2011, 09:27 PM
as far as different landscape.. I suppose. Not nearly as many trees, its more like a paradise..with no humidity. Honestly you couldnt offer me any ammount of cash to live anywhere but here. The climate is completely ideal, the girls are more than ideal, and I can make a living from my house trading on the forex market... I love it.

97dustang
01-22-2011, 12:22 AM
yea, from what i hear it still gets pretty humid during the summers, but yea winter is perfect, and yea, cruisin through the ASU campus you definately see a ton of hotties

nsaniti
01-22-2011, 09:11 PM
eh actually end of summer/early fall when we get our "rainy season" lol you can feel a touch of humidity, but if youve ever lived someone with real humidity you laugh at the people who complain about it

BIGRED Z
01-24-2011, 02:57 AM
I've lived in (or was stationed in) both Florida and SoCal. Hard to pick a better spot. San Diego was beautiful and little humidity, but the crazy liberals and high cost of everything makes living there rough.

Florida is was better in terms of cost of living, still has the beauty, but man does the humidity bite!

My Dad lives in Palm Coast (equidistant between St Augustine and Daytona), and I would prolly go there given the choice.

Flaming87lx
01-24-2011, 03:18 AM
well so far, same story as around here (No responses to my resume):confused: