PDA

View Full Version : Another Gun Thread - Going to buy my first one!

beefcake
01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
My mom's boyfriend suggested I go to target world and shoot some different calibers. Sounds like a good idea.

Never really shot before so def a beginner and know nothing about cleaning, maintenance, how long ammo's good for etc.. Modifying? i've read stuff about that. scary though the way i'm addicted to modifying cars. lol

So, looking for some pointers.

He said his preference is a .45. His words were you can shoot em in the thumb and their going down, lol

He said for me a 9 mil sounded about right if I didn't want a revolver style, which I don't.

Any pointers and tips would be greatly appreciated.

blown86lx
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM
I have a glock 45 and a glock 9mm both semi auto. I love them both, but a 45 is the way to go not much heavier, not much more recoil and a much better range than the 9mm. The 9mm will get the job done if you had to defend you or your family god forbid. I think if you bought a 9mm beef you would be trading it in for a 45 within a few months. Go to a good shooting range most have guns you can rent. Go out and rent a few differnet calibers and see what fits you best. If you wanna fire a hand cannon get a 357 mag or a 50 cal handgun!!:bigthumb

Maximus
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
You worried about Alan?:eek::lol:

beefcake
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
You worried about Alan?:eek::lol:

lmfao,

i'm not worried about being lied to death....

bangingears
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I would suggest a barret 50 cal, or a "short" shotgun...............j/k. What do you want to do with the gun? a carry weapon, personal defense, home defense at night?

2Kblacksleeper
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Just do us all a favor, Do not buy from Target world. Much better deals to be had.

Ive got a Glock 26 and a taurus 38 that i alternate for carry. If you would want to check them out?

beefcake
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I would suggest a barret 50 cal, or a "short" shotgun...............j/k. What do you want to do with the gun? a carry weapon, personal defense, home defense at night?

1st - home defense
2nd - target shooting
3rd - ccw

Just do us all a favor, Do not buy from Target world. Much better deals to be had.

Ive got a Glock 26 and a taurus 38 that i alternate for carry. If you would want to check them out?

def would like to check some different ones out

inferno50
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
i like the idea of target world demo. 6 bucks to rent each gun but u have to buy ammo there for rented guns. im going saturday if u want to go.

bangingears
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
hard to beat a shot gun for home defense

beefcake
01-26-2011, 09:58 PM
i like the idea of target world demo. 6 bucks to rent each gun but u have to buy ammo there for rented guns. im going saturday if u want to go.

might go sunday, i work saturday all day

Mista Bone
01-27-2011, 02:48 AM
DO NOT try to goto TW on a weekend, PACKED!!!!!

Terry, might wanna think about the caliper between 9mm and 45 ACP, 40 S&W.

Dirtyd0g
01-27-2011, 03:09 AM
I like .38 for a small caliber easy to handle gun, but the best ones are revolvers. Otherwise I really like 40's.
Worried about me huh. Are you retarded or something? Never once did I threaten or lie to you. You obviously live in a realm so far from the truth you do not know what it is. I just told myself to quit because you'll never come to terms with what you are then you allow it to continue it into another thread....
I like gun threads but you sure found a way to make one just worthless drama, I'm probably complaining again in your mind.
Alan

87stangbbb
01-27-2011, 03:49 AM
ive had several handguns and my favorite has to be a .40, preferably a glock

Pops Fun
01-27-2011, 07:47 AM
might go sunday, i work saturday all day

Shoot...... I'll be at Hara arena at a gun show.... representing OFCC sat and sun. Target world is open til 10.. maybe late one night...

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/

A great info source for concealed carry ... and laws in general

marauder
01-27-2011, 08:38 AM
Before you believe the caliber debate.

**DISCLAIMER - NOT STARTING A CALIBER WAR, JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT**

Let someone shoot you in the thumb with a .45, then let someone shoot you in the chest with a .380, .32, .22, etc...It's all about shot placement.

If you even remotely wear dress slacks (especially with pleating), consider a J-Frame .357 with porting, preferably one of the lighter weight materials like scandium. You can easily have your hand on it when you carry in your pocket and noone would be wiser, and when you are bedside it will always be handy if you're like me and empty your pockets on the night stand.

Personally I carried a full size service model .45acp with 14rnd + a 13rnd magazine for quite a while, then glocks, etc... You just get tired of the brick hanging on you. If you need to sprint across a parking lot, well...hope you have a good belt. Speaking of that, if you do go with a heavier caliber, plan to buy a good gun belt like those from galco. Best $100 I ever spent when I carried those bricks. I was always blaming my holsters, and it was actually my belt causing shifts.

9mm actually, in my opinion, has more muzzle flip (which some people define as recoil), due to the velocity. Same with a .40 or 10mm.

Shoot a Kel-Tec P11, PF9, P-32, P3AT... see what you think of those cheaper guns before you drop $500+.

Best thing to do is spend a little time trying out other people's equipment before you drop the money on a new one, I did it for years and was constantly buying and selling before I finally landed the ones I like. I had a $1,400 kimber that I carried, and I like my keltec's over it any day because I am very accurate with them, even when shooting from my hip or off hand shooting.

Crimson Trace Grips, and similar lasers, are worth every penny when properly sighted.

inferno50
01-27-2011, 09:45 AM
DO NOT try to goto TW on a weekend, PACKED!!!!!

Terry, might wanna think about the caliper between 9mm and 45 ACP, 40 S&W.

Its not as bad as it used to be. We had about a 45 min wait a couple weeks ago. There's enough cool shit in there to look at for a while.

CNTLOSE
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Caliber is always up for debate. Most people can put a lot more 9mm rounds on target than a .45....mainly because of recoil but several other factors as well. A lot of tactical teams have went back to 9mm side arms for this very reason. But shoot a couple different ones and see what you are comfortable with.
If this is your first gun and you want something reliable I would look into a Glock. They are a very simple gun, easy to take apart and clean, and if you want to modify at some point plenty of Glock armorers out there to help you.
As stated above though the best home defense gun is a shotgun loaded with buckshot. When the pressure is on your accuracy will be shit unless you have trained for it. With a shotgun at least if you point it in the general direction you should hit what you are aiming at.

Timido
01-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Shooters in independance KY is a much nicer range. If you plan on target shooting much 9mm is half the price of 45.

marauder
01-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Shooters in independance KY is a much nicer range. If you plan on target shooting much 9mm is half the price of 45.

They also sell yearly memberships (and family packages) for a very reasonable price. Worth the investment. Their range is very well lit, and they have decent ventillation for the days there are many people on range. If it's hot in there, probably best to leave if it's crowded and go back at a different time. Their staff are also fairly knowledgeable, and their prices on guns/accessories/ammo are very reasonable. The location is a bit out of the way for most though.

fasthawk
01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
My home defense

Steves LX
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
NWS Foul language!!
This is why you need a gun!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8W91EWQv4Fc

beefcake
01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
NWS Foul language!!

Let me ask you. If you have a ccw and that happens, do you have a right to shoot?

marauder
01-27-2011, 12:27 PM
The best weapon you will ever have is your brain. So no, you don't... but depends on how the judge sees it.

I can tell you from my upbringing, if you get caught up in some gang crap like that the best thing you can do is apologize for getting in their way and go on with your day if they let you. Turn it in to your insurance, and be glad it was just your property that was damaged. Cars are replaceable, you and your family aren't. Now had he done that to my stang, it would've taken a lot to keep my lead cold and in the magazine but I would have. Unless you know for a fact you will die unless you act, messing with gangs or people that crazy might resort in retaliation...could be your wife or kids that are hit. Just think about it in terms of consequences, whether or not you had the right to do it. This world isn't made for the law abiding to flourish in situations like that.

Perfect example. COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPuM_XAo2BE

This man cannot walk in public without fear of retaliation. I believe he is in witness protection, but it has been a long time since I've followed this.

2Kblacksleeper
01-27-2011, 12:29 PM
You have to have no doubt that you or someone you are willing to take responseability for a in fear of being seriously injured or killed. You cant use a gun to protect property. Not in this state anyway.

Then again it is beter to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

John

87stangbbb
01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
NWS Foul language!!

dont know if i would waste a bullet on that crack head and have my gun taken away. however i would stomp on his head til it was flat on the ground

firestang70
01-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Terry I really like the Ruger SR9c. Its a great ccw gun, I have shot a friends. It will be my next purchase. ruger.com

87stangbbb
01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
i bought a new sr9 2 or 3 months ago. it kept jamming when i tried to chamber the first round. it went back to the store.JUNK

marauder
01-27-2011, 02:28 PM
I'll let you try out my kel-tecs if you wanna meet up at a range and try them out. You buy the ammo and range time and you can put a box down range through each (I have a .32 and a .380). You can buy them used all day long for $180-220. I do suggest at minimal a polish on the feed ramp.

firestang70
01-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Really I know several owners, no issues. maybe an ammo issie??? Some guns are picky with the ammo. Oh well everyone has different experiences, some people love Glocks, others say junk. The recoil on that gun was very minimal I really enjoed shooting it but, it was only 2 boxes of ammo.

Rick93coupe
01-27-2011, 03:06 PM
If I were that car owner, he wouldn't have made it through the night!

87stangbbb
01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Really I know several owners, no issues. maybe an ammo issie??? Some guns are picky with the ammo. Oh well everyone has different experiences, some people love Glocks, others say junk. The recoil on that gun was very minimal I really enjoed shooting it but, it was only 2 boxes of ammo.
it shot good once chambered and never jammed after i got the first round chambered. but if i cant trust it i dont want it.

89notch
01-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Let me ask you. If you have a ccw and that happens, do you have a right to shoot?

Absolutely if I was boxed in like that I would put a couple in his chest. As long as you "fear for your life" then you can shoot. Now you had better be able to prove that in court if need be. I carry all the time and wouldn't hesitate a second to take some shit heads life if mine was threatened.

Steves LX
01-27-2011, 05:02 PM
I would've shot him. A crow bar is a deadly weapon and as far as I am concerned if you take the same scenario and make that PT Cruiser a police car. The cop inside there would've shot him the minute he went around to the drvs side and busted that window out. I know law enforcement is law enforcement but they put their pants on the same way I do and I have a family to go home to every night as well. So if it's right for them to do it then guess what. Its right for me as well.

RIXXX93GT
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Some good advice your getting beef. Your first priority is home defense. A short barreled 12ga cannot be beat for defending your home in my opinion. Cheap enough for a Mossberg 500 pump or Remington 870 not too much to risk buying a used one either. If your set on a handgun then you really need to weigh your caliber, capacity options. Your three priorities (home defense, target shooting, carry) all denote very different guns unless you will be happy with a compromise. To me for home defense the 12ga or a high capacity handgun .45/.40s&w would be the pick with 4-5" barrel. Carry is a totally different animal. I still like the previous calibers with maybe a 9mm or .38 revolver thrown in there but cpacity goes way down for comfort and ease of concealment. Great advice to shoot different calibers but remember to compare apples to apples, if you run a box of .45's through a 3.5" aluminum frame gun you may think its too violent when the same rounds through a quality 5" handgun will shoot like butter. If your up in my neck of the woods we have a great indoor range and I will be glad to let you tryout mine.

Rich
01-27-2011, 05:57 PM

Absolutely...it would be easy to articulate that you were in fear for your life, due to his obvious aggressive violent behavior plus the deadly weapon he had in his possession. Just aim center mass and fire until that puke bucket hits the street! Just watch your back drop!

Rich
01-27-2011, 06:08 PM
And for the record, I put my life in Glock's hands everyday. I have fired thousands and thousands of rounds and my Glock has never failed to fire. It's simplicity is it's strongest feature. It's darn near idiot proof. In a life and death situation...draw, aim, shoot! It's very revolver like. There may be fancier, more expensive guns but for my life and dollar...i"ll stick with Glock.

I carry a 22 on duty and a Glock 27 off duty, both .40 cal. I have shot the Glock 45 and it's a significantly better shooting gun due to it's slightly larger frame.

beefcake
01-27-2011, 06:10 PM
And for the record, I put my life in Glock's hands everyday. I have fired thousands and thousands of rounds and my Glock has never failed to fire. It's simplicity is it's strongest feature. It's darn near idiot proof. In a life and death situation...draw, aim, shoot! It's very revolver like. There may be fancier, more expensive guns but for my life and dollar...i"ll stick with Glock.

I carry a 22 on duty and a Glock 27 off duty, both .40 cal. I have shot the Glock 45 and it's a significantly better shooting gun due to it's slightly larger frame.

that's a good sales pitch right there

marauder
01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I'll vouch for glocks. They're hard to mess up unless some diy basement gunsmith tried to modify it. Glocks are ready to go from the box. I've had many, and they do offer a wide variety of calibers. Try the Glock 36 out. If I still had mine, I'd let you shoot it. I had a 2002 manufactured glock (EZE serial if I recall correct), anyway it had a few minor feed issues throughout it's life, but they have since corrected this and I've heard few complaints. The glock 36 is the single stack "slim" model. It conceals well.

CNTLOSE
01-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I am with Rich on the two types of Glocks to carry / shoot. I carry the exact same two on duty and off. They are hard to beat and in 14 years I have yet to have a jam or failure. I even have a Gen I Glock 17 that has never failed and it is at least 20 years old.

Rick93coupe
01-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Terry, I picked up a Springfield XDM in .40 and a subcompact 9mm as a carry weapon and I'm very pleased with both of them. You may want to try them out also, before you make a purchase.

Blackballed
01-27-2011, 10:12 PM
I have a few that you can check out. I have a springfield XD Sub 9 for CCW. Very nice piece and has a 16 rd man mag an a 10 rd. If you ever want to check em out we can go shoot out a my folks house on Mt. holly rd. You can check out the 22lr coversion I got for the AR15. Give me a buzz fella.

ibstrokin
01-28-2011, 06:24 PM
I would also advise to not rule out revolvers. They are extremely reliable, and very powerful. Many people dismiss them as old timey, but they aren't. I'm not saying to buy one, lust consider them. I carry a Ruger lcp, because it's light. People often buy large caliber handguns, then quickly stop carrying them because it becomes a pain in the ass because they're heavy. A hand cannon left at home when you need it does you no good.

Here is a link of some ballistic info. Muzzle energy is one of the key things to pay attn to, and bullet weight.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/ballistics/ballistic-tables/

djom1cincy
01-28-2011, 09:34 PM

Absolutely. A crow bar, bat, metal pipe are all deadly weapons. That guy would have been dead if I was in that car.
As for my carry weapon its a G27. I love it. You would think that a sub compact wouldn't be very accurate but your wrong. At twenty feet a can put a clip in your head. Same distance I can put every round in the chest speed firing. I have about 500 rounds through it without a single jam. It's light. Also has a polymer finish that's corrosion resistant. A good holster is also a must for carrying.

Walter
01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Absolutely. A crow bar, bat, metal pipe are all deadly weapons. That guy would have been dead if I was in that car. As for my carry weapon its a G27. I love it. You would think that a sub compact wouldn't be very accurate but your wrong. At twenty feet a can put a clip in your head. Same distance I can put every round in the chest speed firing. I have about 500 rounds through it without a single jam. It's light. Also has a polymer finish that's corrosion resistant. A good holster is also a must for carrying.

If that was you in that PT cruiser, you would go to jail. For one, you would be in a car with the option to drive away. Which BTW the driver did do. Also, the individual you would have shot made no attemp to actually cause bodily harm to the driver. He could have easily done so.

89notch
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
If that was you in that PT cruiser, you would go to jail. For one, you would be in a car with the option to drive away. Which BTW the driver did do. Also, the individual you would have shot made no attemp to actually cause bodily harm to the driver. He could have easily done so.

I disagree. During the initial attack the guy was boxed in and had nowhere to go. Also he made verbal threats of violence as well. On top of all that he appeared to try to gain access to the guy by breaking out the window.

Walter
01-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Its all speculation untill you are in that position.

djom1cincy
01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
I disagree. During the initial attack the guy was boxed in and had nowhere to go. Also he made verbal threats of violence as well. On top of all that he appeared to try to gain access to the guy by breaking out the window.
Agreed. Boxed in and smashing out Windows. One through the drivers window and you could be dead.

Walter
01-28-2011, 10:38 PM
You guys are trigger happy lol.

djom1cincy
01-28-2011, 10:43 PM
You guys are trigger happy lol.

That's not trigger happy. Dude was going ape shit with a crow bar. A crow bar can kill just like a gun. So according to you I should wait till he breaks out my window, he swings through the window again and smacks me in the head and lays me out? After that its a little late to defend yourself. You could be dead or serious brain damage.

djom1cincy
01-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Are you the cop on here? When is the use of deadly force justified? If your in fear of serious bodily harm or death? That situation would have been justified.

Walter
01-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Lets not shit up this thread with opinions.

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by beefcake:

Originally posted by Rich:
Absolutely...it would be easy to articulate that you were in fear for your life, due to his obvious aggressive violent behavior plus the deadly weapon he had in his possession. Just aim center mass and fire until that puke bucket hits the street! Just watch your back drop!

Rich is an officer, so I'll defer to what he says. :)

djom1cincy
01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Great. Officer rich and I see the same point about that guy being a deadly threat. Let's hear Walter's argument about that.

87stangbbb
01-29-2011, 01:40 PM
lol...

Walter
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Great. Officer rich and I see the same point about that guy being a deadly threat. Let's hear Walter's argument about that.

Its all subjective.

beefcake
01-29-2011, 02:09 PM
so, i went and held a bunch of different guns for about an hour and a half last night.

I liked the glock, i liked the ruger sr9, and i liked the Smith & Wesson m&p

They all felt well balanced in my hand and were pretty comfortable.

The one I liked the feel of the least was the glock. The "brail like" grip was the most abnormal feel of the 3 to me. I'm mixed on not having a safety or not.

The ruger had some things i liked. you could see the fire pin position, plus it had the little slide on top that if you were in a tactile situation in the dark, you would be able to feel that it is ready to fire.

The center part of the grip could be flipped around to give a second feel, and both felt good. The ruger has a safety on it. Again, still mixed on that.

The S&W had 3 grips that comes with it, so that was pretty nice as well too. The S&W can be had with or without safety. So that leaves both options open once i decide.

The S&W to cock back took less effort, plus the grip to cock it back is more aggressive and easier to hold onto. Seemed like it came apart a little easier. The trigger (unloaded) felt a little easier to pull as well.

Comparing the ruger and s&w as those were the 2 i seemed to like the best, the S&W was about $100 more @ 479, if i remember right the ruger was $379 or 399.

87stangbbb
01-29-2011, 05:01 PM
the new glocks have a rough textured frame but you can order one the older styler. thats what i did. i think i might of said that already.oh well.lol. was you looking at full size guns or the compact's?

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
I had the same uneasy feeling about the Glocks I held. I opted for the springfield XDM because of how well it fit my hand. I then picked up an older XD sub 9 and it doesn't have the textured grip of the XDM but it does have a very similar feel to it. The gun and knife show is in Dayton this weekend if you wanted to really get a chance to handle everything. A couple of us are going in the morning.

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LargeImage.aspx?sku=62175

I'd love to pick this one up.

beefcake
01-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I had the same uneasy feeling about the Glocks I held. I opted for the springfield XDM because of how well it fit my hand. I then picked up an older XD sub 9 and it doesn't have the textured grip of the XDM but it does have a very similar feel to it. The gun and knife show is in Dayton this weekend if you wanted to really get a chance to handle everything. A couple of us are going in the morning.

When are you leaving. I'd love to go. Can you just buy a gun at a gun show or do they have the backround check and wait thing?

beefcake
01-29-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LargeImage.aspx?sku=62175

I'd love to pick this one up.

They had one very similar to that. I didn't like the safety on the back side like that. It felt uncomfortable. I was more worried about if I was squeezing it tight enough for the safety to be working.

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Yeah I was worried about it too but it's a non issue. When you hold the gun you make the safety, I've never thought twice about it. Good luck with your purchase. All this talk and I'm ready to hit the range.

Black92LX
01-29-2011, 05:54 PM

I am in the same boat. Only positive I have to say about the Glock is that I trust it will go bang pretty much every time I pull the trigger. And in the end that is what really matters.

But personally i can't stand shooting them. They have some of the worst ergonomics of any gun I have ever fired. Not fun to shoot and I don't shoot them that well. Plus the trigger sucks even worse when you have to carry one with an 8.5lb pull. AWFUL!!!!!
There are tons of guns I would choose to carry over a Glock, if I had the choice.

Guns it all comes down to personal preference. Many people Love Glocks, while they are a reliable gun I can't stand them. There are far better guns out there in my opinion.

The quintessential gun for those that only plan on having one gun in my opinion is the Sig 228.
Midsize con that is easily concealable. Great ergonomics, trigger, and reliability.

Pops Fun
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
You can definitely buy a gun at the gun show.... Lots of them around.. I was there all day today. if you come up stop at the OFCC booth and we will talk. I have a SR9 you can shoot anytime......

i'll be there all day with my OFCC shirt on :lol:.. Kyle a friend up there has tables with quite a few guns for sale.

CNTLOSE
01-29-2011, 09:20 PM
The Gen 4 Glocks have adjustable grips now. You can make it smaller or larger than all previous Glocks. Also the Gen 4 does not have as much "sand paper" feel to it as the Gen 3 and 3.5.

Pops Fun
01-29-2011, 09:28 PM
I am in the same boat. Only positive I have to say about the Glock is that I trust it will go bang pretty much every time I pull the trigger. And in the end that is what really matters.

But personally i can't stand shooting them. They have some of the worst ergonomics of any gun I have ever fired. Not fun to shoot and I don't shoot them that well. Plus the trigger sucks even worse when you have to carry one with an 8.5lb pull. AWFUL!!!!!
There are tons of guns I would choose to carry over a Glock, if I had the choice.

Guns it all comes down to personal preference. Many people Love Glocks, while they are a reliable gun I can't stand them. There are far better guns out there in my opinion.

The quintessential gun for those that only plan on having one gun in my opinion is the Sig 228.
Midsize con that is easily concealable. Great ergonomics, trigger, and reliability.

Sig's are nice guns my son has one I shot it and offered to buy it. :lol: My Kimber is the nicest gun I own. I shot a Dan Wesson last month and it had a great trigger perhaps better than my Kimber.

Anyway Terry definately get something that feels right in your hand, if possible shoot several different calibers before you decide.

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 10:00 PM
When are you leaving. I'd love to go. Can you just buy a gun at a gun show or do they have the backround check and wait thing?

Sent you a pm about the show. You can buy a gun from an individual for cash but if you buy from a dealer there's a phone call background check. Takes about 20-30 min. I think its pretty much, no felonies, no problems.

87stangbbb
01-29-2011, 10:03 PM
takes about 5-10 minutes from my experience

Rick93coupe
01-29-2011, 10:18 PM
takes about 5-10 minutes from my experience

Apparently I look shady! :D

BradleyGT
01-30-2011, 01:54 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/18442

^^ very good bang for your buck here Beef.

87stangbbb
01-30-2011, 02:02 AM
lmao.

ibstrokin
01-30-2011, 10:34 AM
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/18442

^^ very good bang for your buck here Beef.

+1, Kahr's are good guns. My brother carries a Kahr .40 sub compact, like all of the little 40's, its a handful.

Timido
01-30-2011, 11:18 AM
somtimes the background check goes for a couple days.

93mustang
01-30-2011, 06:15 PM
ruger sr9c. shot 350 rounds thru it yesterday not one issue! not alot of recoil. comes with 10 and 17 round clips. 2010 gun of the year. :bigthumb

beefcake
01-30-2011, 06:32 PM
ruger sr9c. shot 350 rounds thru it yesterday not one issue! not alot of recoil. comes with 10 and 17 round clips. 2010 gun of the year. :bigthumb

i like the ruger, not the c as much, it felt a lil unbalanced in my hand with the longer clippy going on, but i do like the non c

DeckerEnt
01-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Lots of great info here. Terry, grab hold of as many different pistols as you can. Shoot as many as you can and find one that you are comfortable with. And just about all can be modifyed so your rep won't change in this hobby either.

Rick93coupe
01-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Did you make it Terry? Never heard anything from ya.

beefcake
01-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Did you make it Terry? Never heard anything from ya.

i did, just later in the day, i went to TW and put 100 rounds through a glock 17 to see how it felt. they didn't have the other ones i liked to rent though :(

i saw all kinds of cool crap i'd like to have lol

djom1cincy
01-30-2011, 07:38 PM
You buy the ammo and ill let you fire the G27. Can meet up at tw.

fasthawk
01-30-2011, 09:17 PM
Just bought a ruger p95 very accurate and no promblems yet

marauder
01-31-2011, 08:08 AM
The ruger had some things i liked. you could see the fire pin position, plus it had the little slide on top that if you were in a tactile situation in the dark, you would be able to feel that it is ready to fire.

Glocks have a load chamber indicator as well, if you notice the notch on the backside of the extractor, when chambered sticks out past the slide enought to feel. As far as firing pin position, if the glock is cocked, the trigger moves forward..pretty much the same thing in a different configuration. Just something to keep in mind if those features appeal to you, most modern semi-autos have features like this. It's nice, but I know mine is always loaded, never on safety, and I have yet to have a problem. If it were a single action with a light trigger like my kimber, 2-3 safeties still didn't seem safe enough. I had a fullsize Kimber custom stainless, everything was worked by a smith, and had about a 2lb break on the trigger...why I thought it was a good idea to carry it is beyond me, 2-3 times I took it out of the holster to find the safety was completely off. The only thing keeping me from blowing my right arse cheek off was a 2lb trigger break. Scary thought.

Glocks do have a safety, not a mechanical one, but I have dropped mine off the night stand a few times and didn't have to replace any drywall.

facemelter71
01-31-2011, 01:47 PM
I have shot plenty of Glocks.About the only one that fits my big hand is the 21.And even that one feels like the big end of a baseball bat...

Glock is just not my cup of tea.

I did carry a full size Beretta 96 Centurian for a little while,but I had to be wearing a flannel jacket or other large shirt to hide it.

I finally spent the money and bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 40c.Wow,I absolutly love that gun. It fits my large hand,doesnt have a lot of muzzle flip and has adjustable backstraps to adjust to the way my hand grips it. Very nice and I love shooting it.

beefcake
02-03-2011, 10:23 AM
let me ask this question.

being as i like the m&p and the ruger so much, would it be wrong to buy 2 9mm's as my first 2 guns.

I really like both of these..

I know i could get diff calibers in the guns, but my main thing will be target shooting and i know .40's and .45's will be pricier,

marauder
02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
If you like both and have the means to do so, buy both. The only thing I can see is a possible buyer remorse wanting a different caliber. Both should be made in multiple calibers. Ammo prices are not that much between 9/40/45... I've not bought 380 in a while, but I was paying 2-3x the price of 45 for 380 when I was shooting both. Stick with the subcompact 9 for carry, and fullsize 40/45 for home use. You can still strap a 40/45 easy if you wanted to carry it in the winter, and carry the 9 in the summer. A lot of people step up to a more powerful cartridge in the winter due to garments that act like armor...a leather coat can really mute the performance of a less powerful cartridge.

Walter
02-03-2011, 11:07 AM
If you like both and have the means to do so, buy both. The only thing I can see is a possible buyer remorse wanting a different caliber. Both should be made in multiple calibers. Ammo prices are not that much between 9/40/45... I've not bought 380 in a while, but I was paying 2-3x the price of 45 for 380 when I was shooting both. Stick with the subcompact 9 for carry, and fullsize 40/45 for home use. You can still strap a 40/45 easy if you wanted to carry it in the winter, and carry the 9 in the summer. A lot of people step up to a more powerful cartridge in the winter due to garments that act like armor...a leather coat can really mute the performance of a less powerful cartridge.

.45acp is double the price of 9mm FYI.

Beef, take quoted post for what its worth. Carry what you want and how you want. Dont carry a specific caliber cause someone said "Stick with the subcompact 9 for carry, and fullsize 40/45 for home use.".

marauder
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, my intention was to point out the price difference is neglegable if you're buying two pistols anyway. I've not bought 9/40/45 in a while, so I'm not current on pricing. The crap changes, as the demand of one caliber goes up the price usually follows, we all have seen this over the past few years...even 9mm was hard to come by. My apologies for not stating that was my opinion/advice and take it with a grain of salt. I'm not forcing anyone to believe my opinion over any other. But it is very logical to carry a subcompact and leave the fullsize for home, is it not? Either way, as long as you buy something you're better off than being unarmed.

In a perfect world, I'd carry the S&W 500 snub with 700gr hand loads.

beefcake
02-03-2011, 11:55 AM
walmart 9mm is $10.50 rougly and $16.50 for 45.

Not quite double, but 60% more none the less.

everyone says if your gonna do a ccw, the shorties and stuff are better, but i just don't like the feel of em.

they feel unbalanced and awkward to me. even with the extra finger on some of em

Walter
02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, my intention was to point out the price difference is neglegable if you're buying two pistols anyway. I've not bought 9/40/45 in a while, so I'm not current on pricing. The crap changes, as the demand of one caliber goes up the price usually follows, we all have seen this over the past few years...even 9mm was hard to come by. My apologies for not stating that was my opinion/advice and take it with a grain of salt. I'm not forcing anyone to believe my opinion over any other. But it is very logical to carry a subcompact and leave the fullsize for home, is it not? Either way, as long as you buy something you're better off than being unarmed.

In a perfect world, I'd carry the S&W 500 snub with 700gr hand loads.

Kimber Ultra Carry II done! Take with a grain of salt. lol

marauder
02-03-2011, 12:19 PM
:bigthumb Those are nice shooters, had one for a while sank a lot of money in it.

If you are leaning toward fullsize beef, just make sure you don't skimp on your belt/holster combo and you'll be golden. Marks guns in Florence KY, though overpriced, always let me bring in my unloaded weapon and try out their holsters. I'd always do that, then buy them online. Comp-Tac are nice, as well as crossbreed for IWB carry. I think I've said all I can, sounds like you're on the button now.

facemelter71
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
There is nothing better to use in your home,then a 12 guage shotgun. Pump preferably,so whomever it is can hear the action.

I have two 40 cal's,my first pistol was a 40 so I just stuck with the 40's.Cool thing I found out is you can usually just swap out the barrel for the 357 SIG and shoot that ammo.Supposedly it is a better round than the standard 40. But I believe it is a little more expensive.
Its all personal preference.

beefcake
02-05-2011, 10:47 PM
okay, so my obsessive compulsive self couldn't resist. Found a good deal on a used sr9 and since it was my 2nd favorite i had to get it.

now i got a gak for each hand! :)

Pops Fun
02-06-2011, 07:15 AM
okay, so my obsessive compulsive self couldn't resist. Found a good deal on a used sr9 and since it was my 2nd favorite i had to get it.

now i got a gak for each hand! :)

Now yoy need one for each foot!! :lol:

beefcake
02-07-2011, 03:33 PM
so i took both guns out yesterday

3rd time shooting, 1st time with the ruger, 2nd time with the m&p

these are 7 yard targets.

the first was a box with one gun, the 2nd a box of the other

the third i target I decided to get creative and try some one handed action with 1 of the 3 clips, def off to the right a bit on those, the body and the strays were with the ruger and then i did another box at the head with the m&p

overall i don't think too bad, but i really don't know

my experience is limited to 100 rounds with a glock, 150 with the m&p and then what you see here (oh yeah, a few rounds with bill outside in the cold last sunday too)

http://beef-cake.net/shooting1.jpg

Pops Fun
02-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi
Looks good to me.... my guess the M&P on the second target and the ruger on the First??? The second looks like more shots to the bullseye. Can I be prejudiced toward the M&P yup !! :)

Now keep movingthe target back and repeating!!

87stangbbb
02-08-2011, 03:24 AM
7 yards.lol. wheres the fun in that

DeckerEnt
02-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Nice grouping Terry!! Center body mass is what you should always shoot for. Sure it is fun to put the smile on the face, but if the situation ever happens, center body is where you aim untill the bad guy isn't moving anymore.

beefcake
02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
7 yards.lol. wheres the fun in that

Just starting, lol. Plus I had the wife with me.

I did some 11 yard stuff my 1st time out, wasn't too horrible. Had 1 miss 1/2" above the traps. 6 on the outer body, 7 on the 7's, and the rest were 8 9 10 or x, I was happy with it. Rich said 85% of all occurrences happen within 7 yards or closer anyway!

Nice grouping Terry!! Center body mass is what you should always shoot for. Sure it is fun to put the smile on the face, but if the situation ever happens, center body is where you aim untill the bad guy isn't moving anymore.

I was outta targets and had one box of ammo left. :)

87stangbbb
02-08-2011, 10:55 AM
yeah i think they say farther than 7 yards you dont need to defend yourself. or something like that

beefcake
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Okay, got a ccw class this sunday, 12 hours. I hope I can stay awake for the 8 hours of class time. LOL

Now i gotta find a good ccw gun with tax money!

Blackballed
02-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Okay, got a ccw class this sunday, 12 hours. I hope I can stay awake for the 8 hours of class time. LOL

And the addiction begins....

I just picked up a 870 Tactical. Love it..

Mustard
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM

I have a Glock 17 and a 21. Best gun out there if ya ask me

beefcake
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
And the addiction begins....

I just picked up a 870 Tactical. Love it..

Shut it!

beefcake
02-08-2011, 08:49 PM
Shut it!

Btw, i've been checking out some of the kimbers, i really like the ultra tle

http://www.1911.sk/page_image/product/Kimber%20Ultra%20TLE.jpg

Mustard
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1780.php

This is my home defense weapon

fastone
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Just starting, lol. Plus I had the wife with me.

I did some 11 yard stuff my 1st time out, wasn't too horrible. Had 1 miss 1/2" above the traps. 6 on the outer body, 7 on the 7's, and the rest were 8 9 10 or x, I was happy with it. Rich said 85% of all occurrences happen within 7 yards or closer anyway!

I was outta targets and had one box of ammo left. :)

Beef, If you are going to shot alot with your guns, need to look into reloading your own stuff. Shot all spring, summer and fall. Then when it's cold out in winter, stay warm by reloading for the following year. Keith might know better how much you would have to shot a year to start making it worth reloading your own ammo. Also shot brass only. Don't shot the cheap steel cased ammo.

cstreu1026
02-08-2011, 10:23 PM

http://www.1911.sk/page_image/product/Kimber%20Ultra%20TLE.jpg

I love my 1911 but I was never comfortable with the idea of carrying "cocked & locked." I have a M&P Compact in .40SW for winter and a Ruger LCP for summer.

Pops Fun
02-09-2011, 08:53 AM

You won't fall asleep... Great class everyone that has a gun should take it. My boys took it with me and later my wife and sister-in-law took it. Lots of good info.
Edit.. I carry my MP9c everyday all day.....

Pops Fun
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM

The Kimber I own is the most accurate gun I own.... very nice. I would also like a Kimber tle

One thing to keep in mind, if you ever have to defend yourself., I pray I won't every have too, anyway the weapon you use will be taken by the police and it will probably be a loooong time before you get it back!!

dedpedal
02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
A little late but I'll chime in anyway. As long as the gun goes bang everytime you pull the trigger and can hit center mass inside of 10 feet (thats where most incidents occur) it a good gun to have. Guns are alot like cars. Some people think that the more you spend the better the gun is. I have 2 cheap Taurus' and never had a problem.

DeckerEnt
02-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I reaquired my llama mini max .45 from my brother. It is a very small 1911 style pistol. 6 round mag, but 7 round Chip McCormik mags fit too. I don't think my brother even took it to the range. Anyone want to stop by Shooter's today and fire off a few? Say somewhere around 6ish? I will check back around 5 to see if anyone wants to go!

beefcake
02-09-2011, 03:07 PM
I reaquired my llama mini max .45 from my brother. It is a very small 1911 style pistol. 6 round mag, but 7 round Chip McCormik mags fit too. I don't think my brother even took it to the range. Anyone want to stop by Shooter's today and fire off a few? Say somewhere around 6ish? I will check back around 5 to see if anyone wants to go!

i need to pick up some ammo, lol

sounds like fun,

beefcake
02-09-2011, 05:39 PM

OK, i'm in, gonna leave work in a few minutes, stop at walmart and pickup some ammo, stop home pick up my gak and i'll be over bout 6

my cell is 513-478-1965

firestang70
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM
So Terry getting ready for the zombies eh?

DeckerEnt
02-09-2011, 06:00 PM
See you there at 6 Terry. I will bring the AR-15 too!!! Anyone else is welcome to join!!

Mustard
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
So Terry getting ready for the zombies eh?

lol this a running joke with some of my friends

beefcake
02-09-2011, 11:48 PM
okay, since y'all was busting my chops on 7 yards decided to try a little more tonight.

first target was at 10 yards with 50 rounds. was pretty happy with that.

2nd target was at 15 yards with 50 rounds, still pretty happy.

then keith let me try out the ar and i put my 4 round target back all the way to 25 yards. shot off 30 rounds, and was scared to move the target up. I told keith they were gonna be all over the place. i felt like i was all over.

i was pretty happy with the target once i rolled it up.

4th target is the same as 3rd, i tried 25 yards with the m&p, i was aiming 2nd from the bottom, you can see the larger holes. they were definately spread more. i think most would have hit a body had they needed too.

then i squeezed off 3 clips pretty fast at 7 yards on the top circle for the fun of it. was pretty happy with that too.

http://beef-cake.net/shooting2.jpg

marauder
02-10-2011, 08:18 AM
I wished I had the money to burn on ammo right now, I may just take my RRA AR-15 9mm out for 100rnd or so to sight in my aimpoint.

Next time you guys go, post it up. You went to the shooters in NKY?

Timido
02-10-2011, 12:18 PM
That's why .22 is a great round

marauder
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
I've got a bolt action .22 that needs some love, lol.

I may have to break out the Sig Mosquito.

dedpedal
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Im still waiting for the Noisy Cricket, as seen in the movie Men in Black

beefcake
02-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Thinkin about hittin shooters up in a bit...

beefcake
02-17-2011, 04:18 PM
me and the mrs will be hitting shooters up around 5:30

Blackballed
02-17-2011, 11:34 PM
That's why .22 is a great round

+1000 Ive got a CMMG 22lr conversion for my AR15 and a walther P22 for plinking. 550 rds for $14.00 at wally world.:AR15: All day long and only out 20 bucks.

Goldenpony
02-20-2011, 01:12 AM
357 Mag. Go big or go home. Loaded with Glaser Safety Rounds, a perfect home defense gun.

Rustanggt98
02-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I just picked up my first handgun at the Bill Goodman show up in dayton today.

Springfield XDm .40 cal, 3.8 in. barrel, Black/OD Green

Can't wait to put a few rounds through it :bigthumb

Brandon Alsept
02-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Picked up a Glock G23 this weekend. Spent some time at Target World with it today. Fired off 100 rounds, was a lot of fun. First time I have been shooting in I think 3-4 years. Was a blast for sure.

When we gonna do a SB shooting outing?

Mista Bone
02-20-2011, 10:59 PM

How much? I was thinking of stopping in but had to get to Findlay and back before weather got bad.....and it did!

Paul408Notch
02-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Must be gun season. I just bought a Sig P229 in .40 last week on Gunbroker. Should be here Weds or Thurs.

Rustanggt98
02-20-2011, 11:26 PM
How much? I was thinking of stopping in but had to get to Findlay and back before weather got bad.....and it did!

$539 + tax which put it at $578ish out the door. Got if from Kyle of Kyle's Gun Shop here locally in Finneytown. Just has an online store for now, but said he was going to open a shop in the near future. www.kylesgunshop.com
Read lots of good things about him on XDtalk before purchasing, and will say that he was very helpful answering all of my noobie questions.

Rustanggt98
02-20-2011, 11:54 PM
A couple pics

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/daneyandmatt/DSCN1103.jpg

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt72/daneyandmatt/DSCN1101.jpg

Paul408Notch
02-20-2011, 11:55 PM
$539 + tax which put it at $578ish out the door. Got if from Kyle of Kyle's Gun Shop here locally in Finneytown. Just has an online store for now, but said he was going to open a shop in the near future. www.kylesgunshop.com
Read lots of good things about him on XDtalk before purchasing, and will say that he was very helpful answering all of my noobie questions.

:lol: That's who I used for my FFL transfer. Dealt with some girl who sounds like a Russian Spy on the phone though. I'm way excited to get the thing. Already cleaned Meijer out of .40 rounds (they had/have it on sale), and I picked up a box of Home defense ammo at Bass Pro today.

Pops Fun
02-20-2011, 11:56 PM
$539 + tax which put it at $578ish out the door. Got if from Kyle of Kyle's Gun Shop here locally in Finneytown. Just has an online store for now, but said he was going to open a shop in the near future. www.kylesgunshop.com (http://www.kylesgunshop.com)

Kyle is definately a good guy!!

RACEME
02-21-2011, 07:21 AM

I have the almost same one. Mine is not the "M". Awesome gun for the money. Now saving to get the Kimber ultra carry II in .45.

Rustanggt98
02-21-2011, 07:44 AM
i've read nothing but good things about them, so i can't wait to take her out for a spin. I went up there wanting to buy the same gun in 9mm with the 4.5in barrel, which i did find one of, but the price was $50 more than this one. You can also convert the .40 to a 9mm with just a barrel change and 9mm magazine, so i thought that was a neat option incase ammo jumps up in price quite a bit.

He had a great deal on an XD9 in black that i was tempted to get, but i went up there with this one in mind so i just went for it, go big or go home. :D

Walter
02-21-2011, 08:04 AM
I have the almost same one. Mine is not the "M". Awesome gun for the money. Now saving to get the Kimber ultra carry II in .45.

You will love it.

Timido
02-21-2011, 08:28 AM
I have shot a couple xd9s I like them

beefcake
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
took my ccw class yesterday. long day, but a good class and i didn't fall asleep once!

357 Mag. Go big or go home. Loaded with Glaser Safety Rounds, a perfect home defense gun.

i saw ya yesterday pulling out by mc'd's in milford, that was me in the gray truck laying on the horn, lol.

was on my way back from the range portion of the ccw class.

DeckerEnt
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I am looking at Wed the 23rd for a day at Shooters in Independence Ky. I am going to get there around 6:30. Anyone want to join me?

Blackballed
02-22-2011, 12:36 AM

Great Gun. I love my Springfield XD9. The OD Green looks good.:bigthumb

Paul408Notch
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Mine showed up from NC today.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/efipaul/IMG_1034.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/efipaul/IMG_1037.jpg

Maximus
02-24-2011, 10:48 PM

Dude! Bring that to the shop tomorrow!:bigthumb

Paul408Notch
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Dude! Bring that to the shop tomorrow!:bigthumb

I'm going to try to get out of work a little early tomorrow. If so, I'll bring it by.

Johnny O
02-24-2011, 11:02 PM
I have a Glock 23 .40 cal. I love it and never had any issues. Its also great for a carry. If you want a smaller .40 cal then get a Glock 27.

Black92LX
02-25-2011, 01:00 AM

The railed 22X's just don't do it for me. I much prefer the old German non-railed guns.

Paul408Notch
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
The railed 22X's just don't do it for me. I much prefer the old German non-railed guns.

Looks wise or feel wise? Timido has the old style which I've fired a few times, and I think they're very close to each other in that way. I like the way they look with the light rail on them more though.

Timido
02-25-2011, 08:38 AM
I have never shot one with a rail on it

Black92LX
02-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Looks wise or feel wise? Timido has the old style which I've fired a few times, and I think they're very close to each other in that way. I like the way they look with the light rail on them more though.

Mainly for quality reasons. The quality control at Exeter seems to have gone very much down hill since the Kimber fellas took control.

Much prefer the german guns from a quality standpoint. Though not a big fan of the rail from an aesthetics standpoint and I don't see the need for a rail for my uses.

Still my favorite
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Guns/DSCN1526.jpg

Timido
02-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey I shot that one also

Black92LX
02-26-2011, 01:29 PM

Not sure what caliber you got but presuming 9mm you will want some mags and here are flush fit 15 rounders for $22.
Greg is a great guy to deal with and you won't find a better mag than that made by Mec Gar.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_123&products_id=619

Timido
02-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Little tip don't buy pro-mag magazines. They suck donkey balls

Paul408Notch
02-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Not sure what caliber you got but presuming 9mm you will want some mags and here are flush fit 15 rounders for $22.
Greg is a great guy to deal with and you won't find a better mag than that made by Mec Gar.
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_123&products_id=619

I bought the .40SW. Came with 2 12-round mags, but I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more. Don't see any from that MFG in .40 on there. :(

EDIT: Though I do see Sig Police trade-ins for under $20. LEO? Law Enforcement Only? Am I allowed to own one marked that?

Black92LX
02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I bought the .40SW. Came with 2 12-round mags, but I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more. Don't see any from that MFG in .40 on there. :(

EDIT: Though I do see Sig Police trade-ins for under $20. LEO? Law Enforcement Only? Am I allowed to own one marked that?

Yes you can own them now. That was during the Assault Weapong Ban that limited magazines to 10 rounds. That law has sense gone away. Some states still have the restriction Ohio is not one.

Sign up over at www.sigforum.com hands down the greatest web community around. Check the classifieds over there for mags as well.

Paul408Notch
02-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Awesome. Thanks Jeremy!

Black92LX
02-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Awesome. Thanks Jeremy!

Just as a side note if you haven't been warned Sigs are very very addicting!!!

The 522 has quickly become another one of my favorites.
http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=66&productid=249

Can shoot it all day long for 20 bucks and it still feels quite solid, not cheap and plastic like most .22 tactical rifles.
Plus it can be had for under $400.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Guns/IMG_0081.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Guns/DSCN1521.jpg

marauder
02-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Yep, sig .22 are a lot of fun. Mosquito still feel like a fullsize as well.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii39/acmarauder/Mos2.jpg

Older pic of my Rock River build 9mm Midlength. Also cheap to shoot.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii39/acmarauder/ImagecsLTnCj4UcGqigSqMcdSuQ.jpg

Timido
02-27-2011, 12:51 PM
A friend of mine just bought a mossberg tactical 22 and said it is a blast. I think the street price is about $250ish for a AR-22 http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/D11/70/70845.jpg

Kwik92GT
02-27-2011, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine just bought a mossberg tactical 22 and said it is a blast. I think the street price is about $250ish for a AR-22

Holy huge pic Batman! LOL Just saw an ad today for one of these, $249. Thinking about picking one up.

Timido
02-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Yea that is the full size picture I guess.

Pops Fun
02-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi
The Mossberg tactical .22 has to much plastic... bought one didn't like it!!

Different strokes for different folks!!

Maybe that is a different model

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/20101025123954-1.jpg

Big J Botang
03-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Mine and the wifes giddy ups.

Springfield XD-357sig 5" Tactical

Glock 23 .40 4" midsize

Both shoot great....XD is my favorite though with the more 1911 model grip angle.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/jstranko/guns.jpg

2Kblacksleeper
03-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice guns Spanky,

Its Sully.

Big J Botang
03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
what up Sully! lol.

Black92LX
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi
The Mossberg tactical .22 has to much plastic... bought one didn't like it!!

Different strokes for different folks!!

Maybe that is a different model

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj22/Popsfun/Gun%20Stuff/20101025123954-1.jpg

That and proprietary mags are no good.

At least with the Sig 522 it uses the same mags as alot of the 22 ARs and conversion kits.

Pops Fun
03-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi
Got a surprise tonight... had the kids over tonight.. youngest is 39. :lol: How did I get so old!! :D Got an early B'day present a Ruger 10/22, I am a lucky man. Been wanting one for a long time.

Timido
03-05-2011, 11:04 PM
https://www.volquartsen.com/

Check out the custom 10/22 s. Steve you thought a mustang was addictive to mod the ruger mark and 10/22s have a ton of aftermarket parts for them

ibstrokin
03-06-2011, 12:54 AM
+1 Tim, I have a Kidd trigger, bolt, bolt handle, buffer, spring & guide rod, & extended mag release on my 10/22T. My trigger is a 2 stage that breaks @ 15 oz.'s. The kidd trigger is more $$ than the volquartsen, but is smoother.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/

Timido
03-06-2011, 02:26 PM
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/index.php

Pops for the rimfire stuff!

Black92LX
03-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi
Got a surprise tonight... had the kids over tonight.. youngest is 39. :lol: How did I get so old!! :D Got an early B'day present a Ruger 10/22, I am a lucky man. Been wanting one for a long time.

Nice I just picked up a 10/22 for my wife for Valetine's Day haven't gotten to shoot it yet. It's either been cold or raining.
But looking forward to getting out and shooting it with her.

Picked this little bugger up at an Estate Auction Yesterday

Browning Buckmark Silhouette Target Pistol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/Black92LX/Guns/DSCN1585.jpg

Timido
03-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Thats a nice Browning. I picked up an older Smith 41 that can outshoot me . I

Black92LX
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Thats a nice Browning. I picked up an older Smith 41 that can outshoot me . I

Post up some pics.
I have been wanting a Smith 41 as my target gun but stumbled upon that at the auction yesterday.

Pops Fun
03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Nice I just picked up a 10/22 for my wife for Valetine's Day haven't gotten to shoot it yet. It's either been cold or raining.
But looking forward to getting out and shooting it with her.

Picked this little bugger up at an Estate Auction Yesterday

Browning Buckmark Silhouette Target Pistol

Nice!!

Pops Fun
03-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the links to the 10/22 stuff !!! Unfortunately my car is in garage and the money is overspent!! :lol::lol:

Blackballed
03-07-2011, 11:47 AM
I just picked this a few days ago. PT 1911SS. I've always wanted one and the price was right.

beefcake
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
got the call today, pick up my ccw license anytime!

less than 2 weeks!

Pops Fun
03-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Congrats... I hear that the first vote on restaurant carry and changing car carry is the 15th.. New rules coming..:lol:

beefcake
03-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Congrats... I hear that the first vote on restaurant carry and changing car carry is the 15th.. New rules coming..:lol:

what are you hearing?

Pops Fun
03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Right-to-Carry Reform Legislation Rescheduled for Possible Vote on March 15 in the Buckeye State

Please contact members of the House State Government and Elections Committee today!

House Bill 45 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/44233/6901810/1767/0/) was pulled from the March 8 agenda of the House State Government and Elections Committee and rescheduled for Tuesday, March 15 at 1:30 p.m. in room 116 at the state Capitol for a hearing and possible vote.

Introduced by state Representatives Danny Bubp (R-88) and Terry Johnson (R-89), HB 45 would eliminate the current confusing standards of carrying a firearm in a motor vehicle. In addition, the proposal would also allow permit holders to carry a firearm for self-defense in a restaurant that serves alcohol, provided they are not consuming alcohol, thus eliminating another “victim zone” in Ohio.

This legislation is a critical step forward to help ensure that Right-to-Carry permit holders are not arrested for accidentally carrying their firearm in a prohibited manner.

A number of anti-gun amendments have been filed to weaken this much-needed right-to-carry reform legislation, so it is imperative that you e-mail members of the House State Government and Elections Committee today. Respectfully urge them to support HB 45 with NO amendments. Contact information for the members of the House State Government and Elections Committee can be found here (http://www.nramedia.org/t/44233/6901810/1768/0/).

This alert is posted at: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6395 (http://www.nramedia.org/t/44233/6901810/2426/0/)