PDA

View Full Version : Lakewood bellhousing and clutch fork assembly help

Marker1989
01-30-2011, 09:52 PM
So as I'm starting to get my motor n trans ready to drop into my car I'm about to put the bellhousing on, The Lakewood SFI I just bought, and I notice my clutch fork is entirely too short. I have a standard clutch fork for a 5 liter. So who has been through this kind of issue and what did you do about it?? I have found 1 or 2 extended clutch forks online but they want 95 fucking dollars for the damn thing!! So am I stuck with forking out that much for one of these extended pieces or is there another option here?

Also, I have read that the adjustable clutch fork pivot ball is recommended with my new bellhousing.. Will I be fine with my non-adjustable one or am I gonna have to give out more of my money to replace shit I just replaced not that long ago??

NXcoupe
01-30-2011, 11:24 PM
I just put one of my cars together with a mcleod bell and a stock fork, and non adjustable pivot. It works fine. It's not the best of course, but I was not about to spend a bunch of coin on a car I was just using as a driver/beater. I have one of the longer forks from swarr auto in my race car and really didn't notice a difference in the way it shifted. Hope this helps, imho I would run with what you have. Just make sure your clutch fork is in good condition.

Marker1989
01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Never mind guys, I found out it actually can work with a stock length clutch fork. The hole that holds the plastic part of the clutch cable is built into the rim of the Lakewood so the cable is actually lined up perfect even thought the bellhousing is larger around that area. My explanation probably isn't helping here but if anybody else has this issue I'll get pics so you can see.