PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Veterans

NUTTSGT
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Has anybody filled out the Ohio Veterans Bonus?

https://veteransbonus.ohio.gov/odvs_web/

I was wondering if any one has recieved their check yet. I checked my status and found the following answer.

We have received your application and supporting documents. Once we have confirmed that we have received all of your required documentation, your application will be processed in approximately 8 weeks.

I sent the paperwork in back in September and thought it might be here by now.

Kwik92GT
02-10-2011, 12:17 AM
I still have to send in all my documentation. I filled out all the online stuff and just need to send the paperwork. I was wondering what kind of time frame I'd be looking at, now I know. :bigthumb Post up when the check hits.

TurboNG
02-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Sent mine in on Sept 3rd and got mine last wend. call them and see what's up? They said they had like 20,000 the first month this opened and they are about 3 months behind.

Timido
02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Mine is in limbo also. Still a cool deal thanks to everyone who served and to everyone who voted for the bonus

NUTTSGT
02-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Sent mine in on Sept 3rd and got mine last wend. call them and see what's up? They said they had like 20,000 the first month this opened and they are about 3 months behind.

I checked the status online. It's just extra money, not like I "need" it to make ends meet. Just curious how it's been for everybody else.

Katmandu
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Don't get your hopes up!

The Eligibility requirements are STRICT!

Even though I'm Retired Military, having served during all the below mentioned periods AND being a Resident of Ohio for the past (25 YEARS.... served a WPAFB from 1986-2000 14 YEARS), I am NOT Eligible for this program. I joined the Military from my Home state (Pennsylvania) in 1983.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Eligibility Criteria

A person who has served greater than 90 days of active duty service in the US Armed Forces, excluding dates for training, during at least one of the compensable time periods and meets eligibility requirements may be eligible for the Ohio Veterans Bonus.

1. Served or currently serving in the US Armed Forces during compensable periods:
1. Persian Gulf Aug 2, 1990 through Mar 3, 1991.
2. Afghanistan Oct 7, 2001 through a date to be determined by President of the United States.
3. Iraq Mar 19, 2003 through a date to be determined by President of the United States.
2. The person was separated from the United States armed forces under honorable conditions, is still serving in active duty or after serving on active duty remains in any reserve component of the United States armed forces or in the Ohio National Guard.
3. The person was an Ohio resident at the start of active duty service.
4. The person is currently an Ohio resident.
5. The person has not received a bonus or compensation of a similar nature from another state.

NUTTSGT
02-12-2011, 11:51 AM
3. The person was an Ohio resident at the start of active duty service.

No problem here.

Dipstick
02-12-2011, 06:59 PM
That sucks. I was in from 1996 to 2000. It says I am not eligable even though I participated in the Kosovo war and Operation Desert Fox in December of 1998. Hell Some of my squadron was in Kosovo and the other half of us were in Iraq. Allot of people forget about these two incidents.

Markcore
02-12-2011, 07:47 PM
What kind of money are we talking about here? I meet all of the requirments, and am sending in mine now.

Timido
02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
The amount of the bounus depends on if you were in a war zone durring certain dates or if you active duty anywhere during those certain dates

•Eligible Veterans may receive $100 for each month spent on active duty service in the following locations during these specified dates:

a.Persian Gulf between August 2, 1990 and March 3, 1991, the date when Iraq accepted the conditions for a permanent cease fire. Eligible Veterans can apply for a bonus until December 31, 2013.

b.Afghanistan since October 7, 2001. Eligible Veterans can apply for a bonus for up to three years after the President declares an end to U.S. involvement in Afghanistan.

c.Iraq since March 19, 2003. Eligible Veterans can apply for a bonus for up to three years after the President declares an end to U.S. involvement in Iraq.

d.The maximum benefit for in-theater service is $1,000.

•Eligible Veterans serving on active duty (except active duty for training only) anywhere else in the world during the above specified dates may receive $50 a month up to a maximum benefit of $500.

•Partial months of service during the compensable period will be paid at the rate of 1/30 of the monthly rate per day served.

•Veterans may receive a bonus of up to a maximum of $1,500 for all eligible service during the compensable periods.

https://veteransbonus.ohio.gov/odvs_web/ for more details

NUTTSGT
02-14-2011, 09:26 AM
What kind of money are we talking about here? I meet all of the requirments, and am sending in mine now.

It's all based on when and where you were during those times. You need to figure up all your exact dates to be sure of the amounts.

NUTTSGT
03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Getting closer.

Your application has been approved!

4EYED85GT
03-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Took me 3 months to get mine! Was nice getting an extra 2 grand...

69428SCJ
03-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Man, I need to apply for this! We'll see if I get approved though...

Timido
03-28-2011, 02:50 PM
I called about my aplication . I sent it in a couple months ago. They were real nice and went and looked for it. They called me back a few hours later and said they have everything done. The check is on the way.

Markcore
03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
I called about my aplication . I sent it in a couple months ago. They were real nice and went and looked for it. They called me back a few hours later and said they have everything done. The check is on the way.

Sweet! What number did you call? I'll do the same. :bigthumb

Timido
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
1-877-ohio-vet

Markcore
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
1-877-ohio-vet

Cool thanks!

Guy said it's taking them 12 weeks or so to process the claims right now. Oh well, can't bitch about free money! :bigthumb :lol:

NUTTSGT
03-31-2011, 09:00 AM
I got a letter from them basically saying, "the check is in the mail"

Timido
03-31-2011, 10:10 AM
I applied to become a guardian on "Honor Flight" I am using my bonus money to help WW2 vets go to Washington DC. I hope I get the opurtunity to help them. I could not think of a better group of people to share a trip to DC with.

Markcore
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
I applied to become a guardian on "Honor Flight" I am using my bonus money to help WW2 vets go to Washington DC. I hope I get the opurtunity to help them. I could not think of a better group of people to share a trip to DC with.

Man great idea!!! Let me know what I can do to help with this. I've been to DC and it's moving. Can only imagine going with a group of guys who are the reason for those monuments!

Timido
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
http://www.honorflight.org/

Check it out