PDA

View Full Version : Who is Happy with thier TAX returns, and what are you going to do with it?

Blackout
02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
I myself cannot complain with mine. I'm buying Heads, Cams, Fuel system and an Intake.

Just thought it would be cool and exciting for people to list any parts your looking at buying with your tax return cash.

skeptiq
02-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Chip/Tune and maybe some other misc stang stuff...

Most will be going towards paying off debt. Goal this year is to be debt free (sans one car payment and the house payment). Should be at that point by May, which is a really good feeling. No more Sears, MasterCard, Discover, Dell, etc. Tired of playing the credit card game. After cc's paid off cash only. Considering using one card for gas/groceries and paying it off each month to keep some activity on it.

COOP
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Chip/Tune and maybe some other misc stang stuff...

Most will be going towards paying off debt. Goal this year is to be debt free (sans one car payment and the house payment). Should be at that point by May, which is a really good feeling. No more Sears, MasterCard, Discover, Dell, etc. Tired of playing the credit card game. After cc's paid off cash only. Considering using one card for gas/groceries and paying it off each month to keep some activity on it.

the wife and I are doing the same thing, trying to go debt free. sucks right now because it means no mustang money for me, but it will be damn nice to have no more credit cards

Blackout
02-23-2011, 02:53 PM
yeah ..... getting out of debt is hard. Good luck guys.

thecollector
02-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Not real happy w/ mine- getting married cost me a lot of revenue.

Bought a halfway decent explorer last night with our taxes for the wife to drive until we get the escape settled out.

Gonna pay bills w/ the rest, then use the leftovers for gas tank straps, fuel pump ring and tires on the hatch.

cobra429boss
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
got me the coupe out of mine. plus some money i had saved up..

MWoods26
02-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Super happy with mine. Im getting a ton back. H&R block screwed up. the lady tried to show me as having a 3000 dollar loss on short term cap gains instead of about a 12 Grand GAIN that I really had. last year I had to pay about 5g and this year I was hoping to just break even because I got married and figured my wifes return would off set the money I made trading stocks. I tried to tell the lady several times that something was not right. I made money trading and she said she had three different people look at it and it was right. I paid 35 bucks extra for H&Rs "peice of mind" policy so if I get audited they go to bat and are liable up to 5500 bucks. I dont feel the least bit bad I tried to let them know it was wrong and they looked at me like I was stupid.

Blowpastyou
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Tax return??? What's that??? I've done nothing but pay!

87stangbbb
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
happy with mine but cant find a fox i like for a reasonable price

fastone
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Meeting with my lady on Tuesday. I use a CPA instead of H&R or one of these other places like that. Got married and my wife already used her. She is good and has gotten more money back for me. This year will be interesting. As some know I'm a fireman. They changed our pay last year. They did average our pay 56 hrs a week. Well low and behold that is illegal, other fire guys watch out. It's federal law I believe. So I work 48 hrs two weeks then 72 the third week. We get paid weekly, so short weeks they take the right amount of money out, long weeks we get raped! One guy has his done already and got 4,100 back due to new pay scales. Have to see what happens Tuesday! Think Im getting a different DD instead of always driving my 350 everywhere.

CNTLOSE
02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
We are happy with our return...of course we always love to get more. We are using it to pay off debt which will free up money to put towards the project car.

marauder
02-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Tax return??? What's that??? I've done nothing but pay!

I hear ya, being young and not having any kids pretty much puts me into this category.

Pretty much using what little money I got back to pay off what little debt I have left.

skeptiq
02-23-2011, 03:58 PM
the wife and I are doing the same thing, trying to go debt free. sucks right now because it means no mustang money for me, but it will be damn nice to have no more credit cards

Being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel is great. Good luck! It's tough, but in the long run, it'll be way better.

Funny thing about my mustang fund is when there is a deposit, I also make a deposit into my wifes coach purse fund, lol. That was the deal I made to get the stang. Takes me two times as long to get parts because they cost me twice as much, hahaha.

Blackout
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel is great. Good luck! It's tough, but in the long run, it'll be way better.

Funny thing about my mustang fund is when there is a deposit, I also make a deposit into my wifes coach purse fund, lol. That was the deal I made to get the stang. Takes me two times as long to get parts because they cost me twice as much, hahaha.

man I know what your talking about!!!!! LOL.

Blowpastyou
02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm a sub contractor for Home Depot, I pay all my own taxes, not so great.

Steves LX
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
We are paying off the wifes minivan and catching up on some other stuff.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
It's long gone and spent. I bought the Crown Vic and paid some bills.

5.0calypso93lx
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
It's long gone and spent. I bought the Crown Vic and paid some bills.

Same here lol. I did manage to pick up a new balancer and water pump though.

85_SS_302_Coupe
02-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah i was supposed to buy a few things for my car but now that has to come from somewhere else :(

cobra429boss
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm a sub contractor for Home Depot, I pay all my own taxes, not so great.

do you deliver applainces threw them or something

Blowpastyou
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
do you deliver applainces threw them or something

I do all plumbing for all 6 dayton area stores. (water heaters, softners, kitchen sink replacement and reconnects, anything that requires a licensed plumber)

05yellowgt
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Well my two little tax deductions boosted my normal return as well as the medical bills that came with them but this will probably be my last big tax return. I changed my w-4 so that next to nothing is being withheld every paycheck and i have enough deductions going each year so that I will either break even or get just a few hundred dollars back each year. I won't be getting anything nice with the return, just paying towards CC and medical bills. Hope to get out of debt besides mortgage and truck payment in the next 2 years. I'll get rid of the truck payment as well if someone would by my Mustang.

skeptiq
02-23-2011, 06:24 PM
Well my two little tax deductions boosted my normal return as well as the medical bills that came with them but this will probably be my last big tax return. I changed my w-4 so that next to nothing is being withheld every paycheck and i have enough deductions going each year so that I will either break even or get just a few hundred dollars back each year. I won't be getting anything nice with the return, just paying towards CC and medical bills. Hope to get out of debt besides mortgage and truck payment in the next 2 years. I'll get rid of the truck payment as well if someone would by my Mustang.

I did the same thing with my w4... I am tired of giving uncle sam an interest free loan. Good luck with selling the stang and getting rid of that debt!

05yellowgt
02-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Yeah the entire damned tax system needs thrown out. Fair Tax FTW!

Squale iii
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
paying off a loan