PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton County Road Tours

Rallyman
02-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I need some information and I'd like to get some input from you guys.

I design historic and scenic self guided road tours for tourism bureaus and historical societies in southeast Indiana (Dearborn, Ripley, Ohio, Switzerland & Jefferson). The tours are all on back country roads and tend to highlight the more unusual aspects of a county including one room school houses, phantom bridges, old blacksmith shops, ghost towns, etc.

I'm starting on a project now for Hamilton County where I will be working with over 30 different historical societies throughout the county to design 16 road tours. The project will take about 18 months and the tours will be similar to the ones already designed in Indiana.

To get an idea what these tours are like, here is a link to a sample tour of Dearborn County, Indiana. This features the first 10 pages of the 22 page booklet. http://www.scenicroadtours.com/roadtours/DearbornCountyScenicRoadTourFreeBirdRouteSample.pd f

Although I have tons of information on sites in Hamilton County I'd like to get additional information from local residents regarding scenic roads and Points of Interest. Since you guys like to drive I'd like to get your input as far as what you would like to see in these tour guides. If you have any ideas, comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me at info@scenicroadtours.com or give me a call at 812-623-5727.

You can pickup vouchers to download these tour guides, complete and free of charge at Quaker Steak & Lube (Milford & Colerain) or just about any automobile & motorcycle dealership in the county. We currently have vouchers in over 120 businesses throughout the tri-sate area.

Thanks for your help!

Satolli Glassmeyer

Timido
02-24-2011, 12:03 AM
I checked out the first 10 pages you posted neat stuff. Are the tours free with the voucher or are there any other costs.

Rallyman
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
The tours are free with a voucher and you are limited to one free tour guide per month. If you don't have a voucher the tour guides are only $10.00 each.

We currently have 14 tour guides (All located in Indiana.) and produce a new guide every 30 days. The tours stay on the website for 12 months and then at their 1 year anniversary date are updated with additional information discovered over the previous year. Sometimes the guides need to be rerouted due to road closures or historic site removal.

Basically these guides are for people who enjoy driving on back country roads.

Timido
02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
I am just east of Franklin county. Sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon

Rallyman
02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
It sounds like you are up in Butler County. We should begin to develop tours up there in 2012.