PDA

View Full Version : So I'm moving home...what is there to do?

69428SCJ
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I left the 'Nati about 2 and a half years ago for the land of fruits, flakes and nuts (aka San Francisco). I'm moving back in April, and am pretty excited about it. Knowing Cincy like I do, I suspect not much has changed, right? If that's the case, when is everyone gonna start meeting up? I'm pretty excited to be headed back home and hope to be hanging out with many of you soon!

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-01-2011, 05:02 PM
I would say nothing at all has changed except gas prices.

I thought i was going to live in SF once when i was 19. I spent a month living in a hotel by 8th/Market Street. That is one craaaazy ass town.

93whitenotch
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Same ol' Nati as when you left, lol!

69428SCJ
03-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Really, so a whole bunch of honda civics hanging out downtown and wanting to race, or the eastgate loop are still going strong? Man, I'm ssssssssooooooooo glad to be coming back!

93whitenotch
03-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Did you use to hang at the bumspot? I use to hang down there a lot. Had a 2005 sti then. I hear the downtown scene kinda died off, people were getin a lil wreckless and causin' a lot of bad attention. Now rumor has it that csr still meets up but won't tell anyone where, so who knows. And eastgate....damn, I haven't been out there in a longtime either. I might just have to go out there and see what its like these days.

69428SCJ
03-02-2011, 01:50 AM
I used to hang out at the bumspot all the time back when it was popular, I would usually drive my Corvette down there, or my blue 89 LX when I had it. CSR is for all intents and purposes dead. I'm close friends with the site owner. He said he has somehing up his sleeve, but yeah...that place had become so desolate he shut it down.

93whitenotch
03-02-2011, 02:44 AM
Lol, I think I saw you a couple times down there. I use to run with a group called midnightriders and actually started the group with a couple buddies. A bunch of people on CSR actually tried starting a bunch of shit with us bc of our name, etc. And eventually I just quit gettin on CSR cause it was always some drama. Then some of the people in our group started doin stupid shit and cops were comin to me about it so I dropped the club. I really miss the days of the big car meets and lots of people showin up and hangin out, talkin about cars, and not havin a bunch of unnecessary drama. Hope your buddy does have something planned. The car scene needs a new era and a regrouping of the way it use to be in cincy. So is cali everything I've heard it is with all the cars and crazy car scene?

Jesse

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Eastgate is dead and has been for the better half of the last 15 years man. It'll never be what it was in the mid '90s. Back then you could sit at White Castle and watch pro street race cars drive around the loop and nobody said a word. There was never drama..it was just people having fun.

69428SCJ
03-02-2011, 09:21 PM
I vaguely remember the midnightriders deal...seems like it was such a long time ago. I doubt CSR will ever return to it's former glory for many reasons, but we'll see. As for the loop, I went down there only once or twice...way too many hondas for me!

69428SCJ
03-02-2011, 10:07 PM
And yes, the car scene out here is ridiculous. The meet ups are set up last minute by word-of-mouth. Most of the cars are what you'd see at the bumspot but there are some high rollers and a bunch of them. You have to pretty much be invited to do runs with those guys, and they do it for money. There are some wicked fast cars here. The meets are huge and happen year round. But it's very much under the radar due to the vehicle code out here. The group I rolled with has their own youtube page. TheBayAreaRacing.

93whitenotch
03-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Lol, yeah. They use to try and race me and my cousin. He had and still has a notch just like mine with a 347 stoker and man was that thing fast. We whooped quite a few of them honda boys, lol! But damn, cali sounds like sooooo much fun! I wanna go out there and visit. Never been there before

69428SCJ
03-03-2011, 10:53 PM
It's crazy as long as you don't get caught by the cops. We never had issues with them thankfully.