PDA

View Full Version : SCCA Cincy Mills

97dustang
03-02-2011, 11:49 PM
There is a SCCA event coming up at the cincinnati mills mall. Its an auto cross event, so if you wanna bring your stang out and try out the corners let me know. i'll get more details from a guy i work with at work tomorrow

Mista Bone
03-03-2011, 12:22 AM
3/27/2011

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=12131

93whitenotch
03-03-2011, 12:36 AM
There is a SCCA event coming up at the cincinnati mills mall. Its an auto cross event, so if you wanna bring your stang out and try out the corners let me know. i'll get more details from a guy i work with at work tomorrow
Let me know, I know a few people who might be interested in that event. I would do it, but dealin with some issues on the stang right now. But I'll definitely come watch

Jesse

pegasus
03-03-2011, 10:52 AM
ill go! and run the 91 bird if i get it done in time heck it would be fun to just go wach

I just sent a mass e-mail to the cincy thunderbird group....sorry solid axel guys

PKFIRE
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
I plan on doing this, it should be a good time.

black beauty
03-06-2011, 03:20 AM
when is it going to be, ill do it

Mista Bone
03-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Duh, see the link I posted.

Also a 96 dB sound limit WILL BE ENFORCED!!!!

This is a new lot for us and we want to be on best behavior even though the lot is right up against a neighborhood. A few members are doing some PR so hopefully it's not a huge problem.

So who gets there first, Fairfield or Forest Park cops?

black beauty
03-06-2011, 03:33 AM
40 series flo's should be good. and ya i see that now thx

04 Venom
03-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Looking forward to attending.

Black Horse
03-07-2011, 09:04 AM
I thought about running CP, but with a 96dba limit, don't think I better show.

Stangman
03-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I wonder if single chamber flowmasters and tailpipes would be too loud? I've always wanted to go to an autocross. I even have some hoosier a6's ready to bolt on lol

GREAZY
03-07-2011, 09:41 AM
We ran my brothers car last year at Live Oaks and the Austin Healy Club was not happy about the ONE chamber flowmasters, even ask us to lift a little when we went buy some houses.

djom1cincy
03-08-2011, 08:05 PM
So would a pullied Eaton be over 96 db? They do scream. I also have flowmasters. Maybe I'll come check it out. I'd like to try one of these out sometime. What safety equipment is required with verts? I know pkfire was talking about trying one of these out this year also.

adragon72
03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I would be interested in trying this also but I'm not sure about the noise

PKFIRE
03-08-2011, 09:00 PM
So would a pullied Eaton be over 96 db? They do scream. I also have flowmasters. Maybe I'll come check it out. I'd like to try one of these out sometime. What safety equipment is required with verts? I know pkfire was talking about trying one of these out this year also.

I'll be heading down on the 27th, but I'm taking the Srt-4 instead. I haven't really driven the Cobra since November and I want to get some idle problems fixed first.

Mista Bone
03-09-2011, 12:00 AM
I thought about running CP, but with a 96dba limit, don't think I better show.

Isn't yours just a show car anyways?????

:popcorn:

46 entries right now.

Stangman
03-09-2011, 11:09 AM

My friend and I were just talking about this last night, he's got a Super Coupe with a wicked loud ported blower lol

Black Horse
03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Isn't yours just a show car anyways?????

How many show cars have you seen with rubber marks and racing scars?

97dustang
03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
black horse itd be awesome to see one of your cars out there, maybe if you come down to watch you could ride with me and give me some pointers.

it'd be awesome to see some other mustangs too, im sick of being the only one in a sea full of japanese cars lol

Mista Bone
03-11-2011, 12:30 AM
How many show cars have you seen with rubber marks and racing scars?

Weren't you showing it tonight :)

I'll catch you at Mid Ohio one weekend. I know OVR is having a support race Grand Am weekend, oh wait, you're NASA.

Black Horse
03-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Weren't you showing it tonight :)

There is a bit of a difference in taking the car to support charitable events. Rubber marks and battle scars are all still intact.

NASA Championships are at Mid-Ohio this year in September!

Mista Bone
03-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Just beauty marks rights?

Jake
03-17-2011, 10:40 PM
what are the rules with convertables? hell, i'll race the contour if i have to. i just want some experiance on the track.

97dustang
03-17-2011, 10:59 PM
not sure on that, i'll ask though and see if i can find anything out

Mista Bone
03-17-2011, 11:16 PM
what are the rules with convertables? hell, i'll race the contour if i have to. i just want some experiance on the track.

nothing special, look at all the STOCK Miatas running SCCA.

Mista Bone
03-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Due to threat of snow the event has been canceled.

We regret to inform you that due to the predicted snow overnight before our event, we will be cancelling the event this Sunday on the 27th. We are offering two choices to those that have pre-paid: First, you can have a free entry to any one points event for the remainder of our 2011 season. Alternatively, you can request a refund check from our Treasurer, Pat Witte

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Dave i don't think you'd make it out of first gear running autox in your car would you? I don't think it would be worth the gas :lol:

Mista Bone
03-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Dave i don't think you'd make it out of first gear running autox in your car would you? I don't think it would be worth the gas :lol:

would only need second on the straights, ask Danny Popp about that.....

97dustang
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
Event is canceled

Kevin1989
03-27-2011, 11:15 PM
that would explain why when i went there at 7 no one was there lol

furiouslyfaster
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Just curious I have never auto-crossed but I have a buddy with a focus that is pretty good at it and I have always wanted to try it but how do mustangs usually do at an autocross event. I know driver has a lot to do with it but I also know that our cars compared to some imports can tend to be heavy & the extra torque we have can sometimes be a disadvantage since those tracks are usually a little on the tight side, but are our cars really competitive on a tight track or does it turn into a tire smoking slide show.... which is still fun to watch. I was just curious and not trying to ask a stupid question I have just heard people say not so encouraging things about auto-crossing a mustang.

Black Horse
03-28-2011, 05:14 PM
If you are auto-xing your Mustang for fun, you will have a blast! With some basic suspension changes they actually handle decent. The '05s handle better than the rest right out of the box! A lot depends on what class you are in, if you are up against BMW's or Audi's, be prepared to ehjoy yourself without any shiney trophies. If someone like Danny Popp sets the course up, you may be able to use some horsepower to your advantage!

The best way is to try it out as your car is now, then make changes along the way to see what works best for you. Seat time, seat time, seat time is worth more than any trick suspension set-up. The nut that holds the wheel is always the limiting factor!

Mista Bone
03-28-2011, 11:55 PM
Well a set of "purple crack" Hoosiers never hurt anything :)

furiouslyfaster
04-04-2011, 11:21 AM
sounds great guys and i agree practice does help and I probably would do it for fun but I say that knowing that I am a competitive natured person lol. I want to try it sometime but first I have some work to do to my car I bought it last fall and it needs some love first. Which is also another reason I got the car so I can learn a few things. maybe I will see some of you guys at some meets or something.