PDA

View Full Version : Where to look for new paint colors

graysonracin
03-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Anyone know a good site to check out paint colors, thinkin about painting my stang soon and want to go with a different color than the silver it is now.

plated
03-08-2011, 09:09 PM
your better off going to a smyth or koi paint center on a sunny day and look thru some paint books outside,or try house of kolor's website for custom colors

91boost
03-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Like plated said go look at some paint books at a paint store or just drive through car lots and look at new cars.

Black Horse
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
The other option is to find a new car who's color you like, and have the paint shop look up/mix up that color for you!

graysonracin
03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys, ill do a few car lot cruises, and ill have to get down to koi if i dont see anything.

inferno50
04-07-2011, 09:43 PM
ppg has a site.

65stang
04-09-2011, 02:14 PM
I looked everywhere for my car... New car lots, car shows, I have even asked people I saw in a parking lot to get their paint code off the car I liked it so much. For the 2 tone paint I have on the stang I ended up getting the silver code from a guy that was in Cavalacade of Customs back 8-10 years ago, ended up being a Mopar wheel color, the black is off a Lexus or Mercedes if I remember correctly. I tried looking in the paint books, but it was to overwhelming to try and amagine the small swatch on a full car. Once you do find a color, spray up a test panel. I was in between 3 silvers and 2 blacks so I sprayed up the test panels, took them outside and knew instantly which colors I wanted.

Anyway, good luck.

Jason