PDA

View Full Version : Reviving an old thread... Father/Son HP war

Pops Fun
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi
Here is the old thread.

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=561049

"Hi
First what a great group down at Cincy Speed!! Customer service extraordinaire..

Well... as you have guessed I lost and not by a little either.

I had 507 RWHp and 500 tq. :) I wasn't tuned at all, Adam did a base run and when checked it was perfect. Adam said I might eek a tiny bit more out of it but not worth the time... That is what I like an honest guy, that tells it like it is!
Thought I would make more but not to be.

Tom on the other hand made 573 RWHP and 546 tq. :D I was a little disappointed, to say the least. Thought he could have made it a closer race but not to be.

needless to say I will explore other options for horsepower... a meth kit, bigger injectors etc. Might be a while though... I will enjoy the safe tune and DRIVE THE CAR....

Again Craig and people are a great bunch to work with and and they have a couple more satisfied customers."

Well I am back... :D Going to Jays (pops wrench) tonight to put the finishing touches on my car, attach the fuel lines to existing lines, wire up Snow Kit... already installed, change thermostat gasket. Hopefully just a couple hours work. :) Get the chip back from Cincy Speed tomorrow with a temp tune to get it there Monday. :)

Snow Water/meth kit
42# injectors to 60#
New Fuel Rail and Regulator
New fuel lines firewall to fuel Rail
3.33 Vortech pulley to a 2.85 pulley

Question will I catch my son with these changes or will it take more!! :lol:

Stay tuned til Monday When Cincy Speed will work there magic!!

Steve

bobtsgt
03-09-2011, 06:12 PM
wipe the floor with Tom lol

BlazinEagle
03-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Should be close, but I think you will pull ahead.

DeckerEnt
03-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Good luck Steve!! Post up the good news ASAFP!!!!

Pops Fun
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Brought the car home from Jays tonight... can't wait for the tune...

Stangman
03-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Glad to see your renewed interest in your 'vert again Steve :bigthumb

jlt2006
03-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Good luck Steve, I will try to slip away and come down. You need to pick up 66 HP? What is your estimate on the new numbers?

Pops Fun
03-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Good luck Steve, I will try to slip away and come down. You need to pick up 66 HP? What is your estimate on the new numbers?

Hi Jeff,
Hard to tell what it will do. The pulley change could be 5 to 6 pounds of boost, depending on belt slippage... maybe 50 to 60 hp. The 60# injectors will help and the water/meth will cool things, compressing the air a little more and may make some HP also, they claim that water/meth can up octane to 116. :D That would be a lot, not holding my breath on that thinking the water/meth is more for cooling/safety than power though...
Actually may not see much from the water/meth since the air is already cool outside??? May make the engine more consistent at the track though....

The answer to your question, i don't know!!!

Steve

jlt2006
03-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi Jeff,
Hard to tell what it will do. The pulley change could be 5 to 6 pounds of boost, depending on belt slippage... maybe 50 to 60 hp. The 60# injectors will help and the water/meth will cool things, compressing the air a little more and may make some HP also, they claim that water/meth can up octane to 116. :D That would be a lot, not holding my breath on that thinking the water/meth is more for cooling/safety than power though...
Actually may not see much from the water/meth since the air is already cool outside??? May make the engine more consistent at the track though....

The answer to your question, i don't know!!!

Steve

I guess we will have to wait and see. Shoot me a text when you get there.

jlt2006
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
What are your new numbers?
Don't keep us in suspense?

Got busy or I would have come to watch.

MrsAPE
03-14-2011, 07:03 PM
He's being awful quiet!!!

Pops Fun
03-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Jeff
The waiting continues..... got it tuned to about 4800 rpm and the voltage on the Mass Air maxed out... Have to wait on the new one... already ordered.. Thanks Craig.
As usual a great group to work with and I was well taken care of... Special thanks goes out to Tracey, thanks for the help with the fuel line!!

Steve

Pops Fun
03-14-2011, 07:05 PM
He's being awful quiet!!!

I've been awful busy!!!! :D Nothing like hanging in a speed shop!!

Maximus
03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Jeff
The waiting continues..... got it tuned to about 4800 rpm and the voltage on the Mass Air maxed out... Have to wait on the new one... already ordered.. Thanks Craig.
As usual a great group to work with and I was well taken care of... Special thanks goes out to Tracey, thanks for the help with the fuel line!!

Steve

You are a true gentlemen Steve. Thank you for your time today AND a BIG Thank you for Lunch!! I got the next lunch next time.:bigthumb

MrsAPE
03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I've been awful busy!!!! :D Nothing like hanging in a speed shop!!

Sometimes that turns out to be expensive too. At least he's a good guy!! :D

Pops Fun
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Hung at the Speed shop today for a while... Installed the BA 3000 (MAF) today and took my chip in and Tracy updated the file for the new MAF. They called SCT to find a correlation between the two and they wouldn't say... Tracy got on the computer and made one.... :D
Driving down for a tune tomorrow.... Thanks for fitting me in...

Thanks for lunch see ya tomorrow

Steve

Pops Fun
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Hi
tried to tune the mustang yesterday!! Ran out of Fuel :lol: always something!!

Thanks again to Tracey for his time yesterday and the rest of the Cincy Speed team.

Don't sure what I am going to do now....

Steve

mustangboy
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Sound like you need to get more fuel next:lol:

MrsAPE
03-23-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm with Kenny...buy fuel?!?!?!?!

Pops Fun
03-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm with Kenny...buy fuel?!?!?!?!

darn fuel....... knew I should have bought more!!