PDA

View Full Version : People who makepromises and trades and don't keep up their end of the deal

Dirtyd0g
03-11-2011, 02:13 AM
This seems to be a common trend of people who want something for nothing. Most of the time these people want to trade advertising in form of sponsorship. I feel like I have been niave enough to fall for it on several occasions. I know why nobody wants to sponsor any drag cars anymore. A few worthless people talk people like me into doing things for them at cost in trade for putting stickers on their car, etc....

With very few exceptions these are the people who ruin it for the few people who are actually good for their word. I try very hard to never make promises I cannot keep and no matter what the conditions if I make a promise I keep it. What happened to morals in this world. Is all we have left a dog eat dog world? I thought drag racing at a local level was more about the sport and having fun with friends. To some it is about getting everything they can for free, slander the person they got it from to move on to the next person. Is there no dignity left in this world?

If you make a deal with someone that meets their end of the deal keep your end of the deal. If someone loans you something return it, don't sell it and pocket the money. It truely is pathetic.

Alan

djom1cincy
03-11-2011, 08:01 AM
If this is about beefcake enough already. Everyone knows you 2 hate each other. I'm sure most are tired of hearing about it as I am. If its about something else then rant on.

jlt2006
03-11-2011, 08:16 AM
If this is about beefcake enough already. Everyone knows you 2 hate each other. I'm sure most are tired of hearing about it as I am. If its about something else then rant on.

I AGREE, grow the fuck up and get out of high school you drama queen. Don't tell me, you majored in DRAMA in school.

Quit using this website to further your attacks on those you hate. This is STANGBANGERZ not "dirty fucking dog.com".

This is the kind of SHIT that makes me check this site more and more.

Dirtyd0g
03-11-2011, 08:59 AM
It is beyond that. It seems few people are good for their word anymore. If I wanted to directly rag on him some more I would do so, granted he is part of it. A very small part. Any comments on the subject at hand or you just going to be dramatic and say it is everyone else some more. I am not trying to point fingers at anyone, but understand why a great number of people have become this way. I was not raised to think this way, if I knowingly cheated someone who did not deserve it, it would eat at me. Besides made up stories, exagerations and general nonsense it would be dificult to find someone with a valid complaint that I cheated them. It just is not my way. I try my best to treat everyone as I want to be treated. More times than not it comes back to bite me in the butt so I obviously need to change my thinking. The people I generally charge straight prices with no discounts oddly seem to be the most pleased, does paying more make them more satisfied? Certainly the people I give the very best deals to are sure to be angry afterwards, it happens way too much.I have found the easiest way to make an enemy is to do something for them for nothing. Why is that?
Granted I have dealt with some great people from this site and other places. Everyone I have dealt with on SCCOA has been nothing but a pleasure. For some reason Cincinnati seems to be a hot bed for worthless liars who do not keep their end of a deal and then lie constantly to make themselves feel better about being worthless. Where has the honor gone, was it just a myth?
Alan

Dirtyd0g
03-11-2011, 09:10 AM
A Better understanding of this thread. 3 friends of mine all had cars on my property needing transmissions fixed. The deal became everyone worked together ( I helped them fix the transmissions but all the other work the car needed was left to them and I told them everything needed to be done in a timely fashion because it was occupying my shop) and helped each other. Everyone agreed to work until all 3 cars were done. The markVIII was first. It needed fuel lines repaired, air springs changed to coils and the transmission fixed. The guys messed up and did not seat the converter correctly and damaged the pump so it is still broken. The guy who owned that car had plans to leave as soon as his car was done and he left promising to comeback in a week or 2 (blah,blah) when his car went together he split forgetting about the other 2 cars.The thunderbird was next, when done the owner of it left and has stopped by a couple times but has not kept his end of the deal either. Only the person who's cougar went last actually did his part on all 3.
Alan

Goldeneagle
03-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Only the person who's cougar went last actually did his part on all 3.
Alan

Sick'em Alan, I hate fockers like that too. I've had it happen to me more than once, so you give 'em hell.

03z06vette
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Do work for cash, check or card only, no favors. Problem solved....

MrsAPE
03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I'll put a sticker on my car if you do my tranny!!! Not sure anyone would care though.

INSANEBA
03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
I have room on my trailer for sponsorship decals! GTO and entry fees suck nowadays lol!