PDA

View Full Version : Need some stereo help!

2kSVT
03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone in the Dayton area that is good at stereo install?? I bought a 7" touch screen DVD player for my car. It is a 2001 with a Mach 460 system. I went to Best Buy and bought the adapter kit. The bad thing is my neighbor, who is decent at this stuff did not know I was getting the adapter and cut the factory harness off FLUSH!! I am just looking to get the deck in the car, no other amps/speakers. Anyone savvy at this that won't bust my head? Stereo in dash wants $250, and to re-wire all speakers because of Mach 460.

Let me know ASAP, I'll drive to you.

Thanks
Rod
937-830-0597

chris91
03-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Wow, he is decent at the stuff but cut the factory harness? I wouldnt let him touch a thing again. You dont have to rewire the speakers either, dont let them tell you that. They make a special adapter for that. Ive done two cars with the 460 setup this way and they both worked flawlessly. If you were close Id offer my assistance.

PKFIRE
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Good luck, was your neighbor going to install it for you? I don't understand why he'd cut the wires like that? Can you see any of the wires and do you still have the plug he cut off?

2kSVT
03-11-2011, 07:32 PM
By decent, i mean he and his 20 year old buddies all have systems in their chevys..by bad for letting him sit in a fast car. I have the harness, and can see the colors but they are not coming out and they are flush cut with the plastic, so no chance of splicing them. I have the Metra harness for use with the amps. I was prepping the car last night, and going to get the harness today, I came out of the house and the harness was already cut off, he thought we were gonna chase wires and wire it direct.
Anyone that can help..Call Me !!

chris91
03-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Snap a pic of it. You might get lucky and be able to unpin the harness and pick one up at a junkyard and put it back together. Any fool that cuts a harness needs to stay away from Stereo's. This isnt the 70's when they didnt make such a thing.

2kSVT
03-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Brian Winsett put me in contact with Robbie Harlow from Beavercreek. I spoke to him and he seems to know what he is doing. I'm gonna meet him at his place tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

thecollector
03-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Id unpin the harness, resolder all the wiress and use the adapter. Good luck, glad to hear you got someone who knows what their doing.

buckeye6669
03-13-2011, 11:25 AM
that sucks

2kSVT
03-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Robbie hooked me up yesterday! He has a business called Audioworks, he has an orange F150 and a raised green Chevy truck. He wired it directly to the decks harness, and did away with all the aftermarket stuff. He is a great installer and a good guy...well except for all the Bengals crap in the basement!:D

PKFIRE
03-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Robbie hooked me up yesterday! He has a business called Audioworks, he has an orange F150 and a raised green Chevy truck. He wired it directly to the decks harness, and did away with all the aftermarket stuff. He is a great installer and a good guy...well except for all the Bengals crap in the basement!:D

I'm glad you got it all taken care of.