PDA

View Full Version : 3 Step Buffing Process ???

leroy93lx
03-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I have notice a few people on here talking about doing the 3 step buffing process. Plated I know is one of the few. I have a 98 WS6 Formula Firebird I might want done soon. My concern is swirl marks and haze. I can buff pretty well myself, but honestly have no desire to tackle this black car! It only has 20,000 miles on it and I would like to keep it looking slick and untouched. Are the guys doing this actually wet sanding the car down and then buffing or ??? I can be PM'd if you guys dont want to give out trade secrets. I wouldn't mind knocking some of the factory orange peel down and slicking it up. If anybody has pictures of before and afters I would love to see them. Push come to shove I will do it myself , but I am perfectly fine paying to have it done also! It has been sitting around collecting dust for to long, so we are going to drive it this year. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

plated
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM
you got the right idea,i just did a new black zo6 wet sanded the peel out did the 3stage wizards system took almost 3 days but the guy was doing cartwheels when he picked it up,needless to say he sent another corvette guy out thats dropping his off this week to do the same thing to:bigthumb i'll pm you a price

leroy93lx
03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Thank You Sir . Thats exactly what I want. I might wet sand and buff the wheels too. Can you do paintless dent removal also? I have one ding on the drivers side quarter panel I want addressed at the same time too. Other than that it is all good. I can get you pictures if needed.

plated
03-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Thank You Sir . Thats exactly what I want. I might wet sand and buff the wheels too. Can you do paintless dent removal also? I have one ding on the drivers side quarter panel I want addressed at the same time too. Other than that it is all good. I can get you pictures if needed.

i have a dent wizard friend he's the shit,i can have it done while it's here?

leroy93lx
03-14-2011, 12:15 PM
If you trust the guy I am ok with him taking care of it at the same time.

beefcake
03-14-2011, 05:43 PM
i have a dent wizard friend he's the shit,i can have it done while it's here?

troy?