PDA

View Full Version : Kings Toyota fail!

Marker1989
03-20-2011, 03:06 PM
I was cruising the auto mall today and saw a red Mach 1 at Kings Toyota, decided to stop n take a look. First thing I notice is that it does not have a Mach 1 gauge cluster, so I checked the door and luckily it was unlocked. Its got full charcoal Mach 1 interior except a tan GT dash hahaha. Then I noticed the front brakes are GT brakes, and the hood is a GT hood. So I saved the best for last and finally looked at the motor.. 2v surpise! The worst part is that the VIN says its a Mach 1 on carfax.

http://kingstoyota.com/Preowned-Inventory/2003_Ford_Mustang_Cincinnati_1FAFP42R53F345248.asp x

Discuss..

bestracing
03-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Cars VIN:

1FAFP42R53F345248

VIN Decoder:

1FA - 1FA ... Ford Motor Co.
F ... Restraint System (F-air bags & active belts)
P ... Passenger Car
42 ... 2dr Coupe GT and Mach 1
R ... 4.6L DOHC V8 305hp (Mach 1) SOHC code is X
5 ... Check Digit
3 ... 2003 model
F ... Plant, Dearborn

Without really knowing the Mod motors real well, I wonder if someone just did a motor swap. They souldn't be advertising it as a 32V motor if someone put a SOHC motor in there.

2007ShelbyCobra
03-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Real Mach or not, without the 32Valve motor, its not worth much more than a GT

Kevin1989
03-20-2011, 04:49 PM
yea i went and looked at it last night, its got some foxbody style turn down tail pipes, the hood is a darker red than the rest of the car, the black paint on the hood scoop is junk looks like a rattle can job, along with the spoiler. the first thing that tipped me off was the tan dash.... i also popped the hood last night and noticed the "2v Suprise". i almost want to go in there and see what they have to say for them selves.... see if beefcake can run a car fax on it. its been wreck bad if i had to guess.

Marker1989
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
You can get the whole carfax in that link, no wrecks. It doesn't looked wrecked either, factory ford parts everywhere. I talked to a salesman about it but he didn't give a shit..

CNTLOSE
03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
With as much as the car has bounced around no telling what happened to it at some point in its life.

1992MustangDW
03-20-2011, 08:27 PM
that's my x's old car. the interior isn't original i got it off a guy on here. she bought it thinking it was just a gt. run the vin and it says mach. i have beat the holy dog fuck out of that car. the back seat is cumfy :). the rear gear wines like crazy. grindes in reverse. the right side has been repainted due to her hitting a semi tire. if someone test drives it get my shifter off of it lol.

cobrajoe
03-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Sounds like the one that was at EA Motorsports on 125.......

Kevin1989
03-24-2011, 08:13 AM
that's my x's old car. the interior isn't original i got it off a guy on here. she bought it thinking it was just a gt. run the vin and it says mach. i have beat the holy dog fuck out of that car. the back seat is cumfy :). the rear gear wines like crazy. grindes in reverse. the right side has been repainted due to her hitting a semi tire. if someone test drives it get my shifter off of it lol.

thats possible but kings toyota always wants to ride along i have a stock 3650 shifter too haha

cobraman302
03-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Not to mention that car needs rack bushings BADDDDDDDD (has about 8" of steering wheel slack), and a pretty good exhaust leak. I drove it the day before she traded it in there. I drove the car and said yeah, trade this damn thing off for what they are givin ya!

Yellow98Cobra
03-24-2011, 11:30 AM
So where did the hood and 32v go? LOL

beefcake
03-24-2011, 12:26 PM
So where did the hood and 32v go? LOL

i was wondering that too

Stangman
03-24-2011, 12:56 PM

:lol: I cant believe this car is still around!

I remember when she ran over a hitch in the driveway when I came over to get some parts... and we had to jack it up in the mud... good times.