PDA

View Full Version : dang dogs

pegasus
03-23-2011, 10:51 AM
so heres what happend I started rasing/breeding show rabbits when I was 13 for 4-h and in arba I travled all over the US showing and Winning when i turned 19 and got out of 4-h I decied i didnt want to do it anymore so i turned over my herd to my little sister and tought her most if what i knew (genetics are a little hevy for a 3th grader) anyway thursdaynight the lady that lives down the roads dogs got out she has 2 german short hairs and 2 huskys the huskys dug under her fence and a 5 foot fence is nothing to a short hair anyone that has wached dog trials on one of the hunting shoes or even the jump off on animal planet and way they killed or mamed almost all the rabbits they tore down the cages that are held up with 500lbs chain and heavy lag bolts rabbits live on cage wire so there dropping fall to the ground and the rabbits stay clean the dogs chewed legs off and pulled the skin off some of them it was very very bad at 1st we thought that it was coyotes but mom called dad and told him there where dogs in the barn dad drove home from lebanon to waynesville on the way he called the dog warden got home grabed a fist full of .00 buck and the old H&R 12gauge went to the barn and 2 of them where in the barn the husky had a hold of a rabbit in a cage ripping it to shreds dad tossed a metel rabbit carryed @ them the weights about 10 lbs hit the husky and the husky turned and bared his teeth at him so the old man filled him full of lead about 2 hours later the dog warden showed up all told the dogs killed /mamed 30 rabbits @ a total value of over $4,000.00 charges were filed and they are all having a meeting today around 3 so we will see what happens

pegasus
03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
oh and heres what makes things worse
1 last summer when her husband moved out and her dog started to jump the fence I stoped in and told her i was worred about her dogs jumpping the fence and i had almost it the night before on the way to a EMS run with my fire dept and if she would buy a kennel i would put it togather for her she said no and i said ok well the offer is always open and if she ever needed anything to stopping and eather myself or dad would help out just like any good neighbor would do (im a firm belever in the old sayying good fences make good neighbors)

one last thing wednesday I almost hit the husky 2 miles down the road from the house i guess I shouldnt have slamed on the brakes

try telling a 11y/o why everthing she worked on for the past 3 years is dead

djom1cincy
03-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Just so you know. In the state of Ohio it is legal to kill a dog that attacks domestic animals BESIDES a dog or cat can legally be killed. A rabbit would qualify. Also if the dog is attacking a person can be shot.

Goldeneagle
03-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Just so you know. In the state of Ohio it is legal to kill a dog that attacks domestic animals BESIDES a dog or cat can legally be killed. A rabbit would qualify. Also if the dog is attacking a person can be shot.

Yeah Jake, what he said + don't you have a BFG. You should be able to take them out with one shot, with that cannon you have, or are you scared to use it:tongue2:?

pegasus
03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
o yeah im not worryed about that just upset for my little sister she didnt give up the rest of the dogs and dad hated shooting the dog

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2011, 04:35 PM
It's never easy putting a domest animal down whether in anger or knowing you haveto in order to prevent it from suffering. Sorry you had to go through that and sorry for your sister. I had a beautiful pet rabbit once and went out one night to feed it only to find its remains all over the cage. A fox had gotten in under the cage a snagged it. WE thought the location was good but were wrong. I feel for that poor animal to this day. It's been 35+ years ago and I can still vision the scene. Sorry for your losses on both parts.