PDA

View Full Version : 1986 4cyl Coupe Roller

ascCapri
03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Probably the biggest mistake of my life, but here goes nothing.

For Sale: 1986 Coupe Project, 41,594 Miles (Cluster matches title), original 4 cyl 5 spd

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/86%20Notch/notch86.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/86%20Notch/86notch.jpg

Car is currently stripped down to a bare roller with a steering rack and column, some wiring, but no interior. Have most things from original red interior. Would make a good foundation for a really clean car. I have done everything I can to keep this car over the last few years, but it has financially crippled me and I can't afford to have it sit because I can't afford to build it right.

I bought this car from Todd86 in March of 2006. The parts for this car had been gathered for the last 10 years or so in order to make for one sweet street machine, a dream of mine to build an 86 5.0/5-speed Coupe. Since buying the car, it has moved several times as I moved and had gone through several suspension and interior changes as I used to work on it far more frequently trying to get the project off the ground.

As I mentioned, this car has gone through several suspension setups, including a drag, road-race, and now a street suspension setup. It is now sitting back on 4 lug original brakes right now. 3.73 rear end. Has nice adjustable rear upper and lower control arms.

It has a really nice wild strawberry paint with thick clear coat that still needs wetsanded. There are a few minor scratches on the car, and a couple drips in the clear, but should clean up nice. The front bumper paint is cracked on the corner of the passenger side on the belt line molding.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/86%20Notch/DSC09167.jpg

I painted the engine bay to match the outside color as it was left black with overspray. I got a single stage paint matched at KOI.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/86%20Notch/DSC09233.jpg

Other things included with the car:

Pony wheels and tires

Motor I purchased with the car that was ready to go, but since it has sat for the last 4+ years, I would suggest looking at the motor before running it.

original red interior door panels, rear 1/4 panels and headliner. No carpet but do have original rear seat and 80 style red front seats.

Dash is in nice shape but out of the car. Dash Pad is shot

The Bad:

Someone had welded in through-floor subframe connectors, which were not perfectly square and, at 4 inches tall, intrusive to my plans for a nice interior, so I did my best to notch these tubes so that the rear passenger foot area would be closer to normal allowing the carpet to lay closer to flat. Unfortunately, during this process of notching these frame ties and adding the MM full-length subs, I didn’t tape the windows, and ended up etching the glass in the car. I have a rear window, and maybe door glass, but no windshield or 1/4 windows. There is currently no windshield in the car, and the rest of the glass is installed, just feels like a whole bunch of bumps as you run your fingernails over it......it's like the sparks melted into the glass and the bubbled the glass above the surface.

There are a couple of patches that appear to have been done on the floorpans. See pics on photobucket link. You can see from below on lift pic, and from inside as well.

I will include a set of 97 GT spindles and front brakes and 95 Brake booster for $150.

Will take $1800 cash and really need the room. Need this gone ASAP. Got Title notarized today during lunch, I can't stand to stare at it anymore, just sitting waiting for money and time, neither of which I have. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

5.0calypso93lx
03-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Ugh, I would love to have this. Definitely one of the cleaner foxes that I know of. GLWS David!!

Pitbull1052
03-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Wow great looking coupe and im not even a coupe fan..... good luck with the sale....

Walter
03-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Wow great looking coupe and im not even a coupe fan..... good luck with the sale....

You must be the only one. :lol:

Maximus
03-25-2011, 04:59 PM
PM sent.

Stangman
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Wow. I remember that car when I came to buy parts from you... effin gorgeous!!!

gt4tb
03-25-2011, 05:27 PM
What is the motor?

cstreu1026
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Rich needs to buy this!

ascCapri
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Sorry guys, forgot to post the pics.....

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee303/asccapri/86%20Notch/

The motor is just an HO EFI motor out of an 87--up car, can't remember....it has E7 heads. Previous owner said he rebuilt it and was going to spray it. I believe maybe it had bearings done, but I can't vouch for the rest. I honestly can't remember, I was just pleasantly surprised when he said this motor comes with the car, because I didn't realize one did. Anyways, it has sat in storage since I bought it, and I did not bag it or anything, so I would suggest pulling the pan, checking the bearings, maybe pull pistons and hone cylinders if rust, but honestly I have no idea, it's just been sitting. I had plans on building that motor for my 55, which is way down the road.

Thanks for all of the compliments, it truly kills me, I have never had a fast car, and this was going to be it....now I got all these ideas and slowly realizing I gotta prioritize, and I am trying my damnest to learn and keep my job, just got engaged, got a ton of debt, got an 18 year old suckubus, blah blah blah just like the rest of us. Thanks again for the compliments.

Stangman
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol @ suckubus....

Mustard
03-25-2011, 06:12 PM
GLWS. This a super nice car to start a project with

Maximus
03-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Looking at it tomorrow. :cool1:

mustangboy
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
So now you will have two project coupes sitting around:flipoff::lol: Dave sorry about you having to sell, it does look like a hell of a good start to a project, good luck.

Maximus
03-25-2011, 06:32 PM
So now you will have two project coupes sitting around:flipoff::lol: Dave sorry about you having to sell, it does look like a hell of a good start to a project, good luck.

Well Mr Smartypants, who says I dont have mine sold? :flipoff:

Squale iii
03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
That is awful clean...

5.0calypso93lx
03-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Looking at it tomorrow. :cool1:

You won't be disappointed. David is a great dude.

8NO4CYL
03-26-2011, 11:44 AM
You won't be disappointed. David is a great dude.

Yea I suppose he is cool....:D

Blkcobra01
03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
That is one clean good looking coupe bump for ya.

mustangboy
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Well did you buy it yet Cracker???? If you don't I think Arnold needs it to replace his wrecked car:bigthumb

Maximus
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Well did you buy it yet Cracker???? If you don't I think Arnold needs it to replace his wrecked car:bigthumb

Dave is looking for a few more pieces for the deal.:D

Who is Arnold?

mustangboy
03-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Mustanger

ascCapri
03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Well, I am digging up everything I can to make this car more complete. Looking at old pics, it never had carpet or a console. I found a red console though and a console delete setup with trans surround and ebrake cover...got it off ebay so it's labelled on the insides as 79 Capri, but they will fit. And with new carpet, you can cut it just right. Can't find the ashtray for the bottom of the dash.

Found new door weatherstripping, swaybar front (still looking for a rear, may pull of Capri), misc hardware, heater box, foglight bar, can't find any red sunvisors or the glove box door??? Whatever I can find I am setting aside. Thanks for coming out to look.

I will need to pull the p/s door glass and I don't know if I will get that done this weekend, but I can get it. The rear glass is upstairs under my bed. As I mentioned, hopefully Glassman can get you a new windshield and 1/4 windows.

V8Mustang1967
03-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Holy hell that thing is clean!

ascCapri
04-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Really need this gone, if you are interested, let me know.

5.0calypso93lx
04-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Can't believe this hasn't sold yet. I'd love to have this thing....

ascCapri
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Sold, please delete.......