PDA

View Full Version : I think Ive got Mach 460 amp trouble...

Stangman
03-26-2011, 02:34 PM
In addition to needing a tweeter, I think my left side low range is dead. I can put the sound to the right side, and I can hear the bass and the highs/mids, but if I put the sound to the left side, I just get the tweeters. I even separated it from front to back to see if I have. Just 1 dead speaker, but I've got no 6x8 sound at all. Would you say this is a dead amp? The head unit is a pioneer I bought new and its nearly almost 2 years old. I read somewhere that the 94-95 amps were different from 96 and up... but not sure in which way they are different

Walter
03-26-2011, 03:52 PM
I got all the amps if you need any.

mustanger
03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
In addition to needing a tweeter, I think my left side low range is dead. I can put the sound to the right side, and I can hear the bass and the highs/mids, but if I put the sound to the left side, I just get the tweeters. I even separated it from front to back to see if I have. Just 1 dead speaker, but I've got no 6x8 sound at all. Would you say this is a dead amp? The head unit is a pioneer I bought new and its nearly almost 2 years old. I read somewhere that the 94-95 amps were different from 96 and up... but not sure in which way they are different

I would try another speaker first just to rule that part out or maybe try another head unit first?

Stangman
03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Head unit worked great in my Mark viii. I do find it hard to believe 2 speakers died at the same time though. The amps are soo much easier to replace (in the rear atleast) than the speakers. Sent ya a PM Walter

redfirepearlgt
03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
If you can takean impedance reading on the speaker where it connects at the ampifier. It should be 2-4 ohms resistance I believe. If it reads infinity the speaker is bad. Don't know the color code on that Mach 460 unit but someone likely has a tech manual on the site here. I ony have the Ford tech manuals for the 2005.