PDA

View Full Version : Random car crash question

85_SS_302_Coupe
03-28-2011, 07:45 AM
There was an overturned car on 275 this morning...and it got me thinking, what do they do to flip them back over on their wheels? Does anyone have any experience with that stuff? Is there a way to flip a car over without causing more damage to it or do you just figure a roll over is an totaled car and screw whatever damage it takes to flip it over?

:tard:

Stangman
03-28-2011, 07:49 AM
I was listening to that too... I also would like to ask, HOW THE EFF DO YOU FLIP A CAR IN DRY WEATHER?!?!?!?

jccox77
03-28-2011, 08:31 AM
alot of ways it can be done depends on the mood of the driver of the tow truck or drivers

Kevin1989
03-28-2011, 08:59 AM
when my truck was on it roof they just hooked a winch to it and let her ripppp.

DeckerEnt
03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Friend of mine works for a towing company. They can hook 2 tow trucks to a flipped car, lift it off the ground, flip it, and then set it back down.

thecollector
03-28-2011, 02:27 PM
Friend of mine works for a towing company. They can hook 2 tow trucks to a flipped car, lift it off the ground, flip it, and then set it back down.

That's if it has a hope of repair. Most of time you roll one its done. Between a complete repaint, all glass replaced and hoping everything gets re-aligned and the mechanicals are OK they rarely get saved on the front side of the business after going shiny side down.

Most of the time its a roll back driver doing the pickup. Stick a 3ft 4x4 post under a strong point on the car nearest the wrecker. Run the winch cable over the post and hook to the opposite side of the car and use the post as a lever to force the car back over as you winch in. Not ussually to bad for additional damage but once you flip one whats another scracth or bent rim? Most insurance co's would balk at the recovery bill of 2 twinline conventional wreckers flipping a car back over they are gonna total out anyway. They generally only do flips like that w/ heavy truck accidents.