PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Questions about supercharger

mustangman93
04-04-2011, 12:11 AM
I bought my car already supercharged it has 30k miles on it 06 mustang gt. I have changed alot of stuff on the car its came a long way. Seems like the car doesnt pull boost right in any gear but 1st. I noticed I had about 12psi on my vacuum guage at idle never really paid attention honestly till I was playin around with some stuff under the hood and noticed a bunch of fittings with no hose clamps an the wrong type of tubing. Changed it all out now Im about 19.5 at idle car seems to pully boost better does that make any sense or no. Id like it to spin up faster in the other gears.

gbrown8439
04-04-2011, 07:49 AM
If your vacuum lines aren't routed correctly it can cause your bypass valve to open/not open when it should. That can cause you to have little to no boost.

If your close to Florence Ky bring it by sometime and I would be happy to take a look at it for you.

05yellowgt
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
What type of supercharger does that car have on it? Sounds like you might have a boost leak.

mustangman93
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM
It has a powerdyne I am thinking I have a problem somewhere the car pulls pretty good just seems like if Im in 2nd or 3rd and kick it I have no power the boos pulls very little. I had a procharged fox body and it seemed to have power anytime I needed it. I live near richmond indiana several hours away from florence

05yellowgt
04-05-2011, 03:02 AM
Is the system intercooled? I think that system is only rated at like 399hp at 8psi.

mustangman93
04-05-2011, 08:08 AM
No its not intercooled. The car was dyno tuned at Brenspeed with the 39lb injectors long tube headers and off road h pipe with triple s mufflers the car dynoed at 404 horsepower at 6psi. Every great once in awhile the car would die when pushing the clutch in after finding the huge vacuum leaks the car sounds alot better and doesnt die. I mean dont get me wrong the car pulls real hard from first all through the rest of the gears if you stay on it. I just figured if I was rolling in 2nd or 3rd it should build boost faster then it does and after finding the vacuum leaks thinking that might have some boost leaks possibly.

05yellowgt
04-05-2011, 08:34 AM
Only making 6psi at most means it will be pretty sluggish to make boost if you don't stay in it. it is also is going to be very prone to heat soak being non intercooled. n/a 3v's drop a lot of power once heat soaked, let alone a blown car.

Also, your fox probably weighed 500-600lbs less than the 06. We own some heavy pigs!

mustangman93
04-05-2011, 02:20 PM
This car seems to be faster quarter mile wise but just doesnt seem to be faster in say a 2nd gear or 3rd gear kick. You guys think its worth buying the 9lb pulley. The blower was rebuilt by high speed lab a few months ago. I wasnt sure on either 4.10 gears or the smaller pulley having a hard time deciding. What you think gears or pulley

05yellowgt
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd do gears first. All upping the boost is going to do other than make more peak power is make the motor heatsoak even faster.

mustangman93
04-05-2011, 03:29 PM
just a little worried that 4.10 gears may be over the top. I had a screaming yellow 06 gt that was all pimped out it had cold air intake and tuned I hear people sayin they gettin high 13s out of a stock sn197 mustang My n/a nearly stock one seemed like a high 14 second car. here is a link to a video of it. My kids thought it was bumble bee even though its not a camaro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRc-y2rECOw

05yellowgt
04-05-2011, 03:39 PM
You'll not be at a high enough power level where 4.10's will hurt you at all. My car went high 13's with nothing more than a shifter. Got it into the high 12's with a little suspension, intake, and exhaust plus sticky tires.

mustangman93
04-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Thats pretty good this 06 I have now ran a 12.46 I think it was.

mustangman93
04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
If anybody close to me would want to take a look at it that would be cool I think I have a boost leak or something going on.

HawksWR37
04-15-2011, 05:44 PM
4.10s are perfect for a mostly street driven race car :)

Blackout
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
with those power numbers, I would just go with a 3:73 gear. It will leave you plenty of gear so that it don't drink the fuel and you definately wont run out of gear. 4:10's you might run out of gear.

ibstrokin
04-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I would advise against the 9lb. pulley, I had a powerdyne about 12 years ago and it was a maintenance nightmare, it broke constantly. My powerdyne stories are long and frustrating, I know you don't want to hear it, but if you want more power, you need a better blower. Powerdyne bought my blower back from me, I bought a slightly used Vortech S-trim that was flawless until I sold it to upgrade to a Ysi. My opinion, for a streetcar, Vortech is where it's at. Procharger makes some good stuff too, but I prefer Vortech for anything short of Pro 5.0.

mustangman93
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I have heard alot of good and bad about powerdyne. They are definetely not the biggest power adders out there. I have beat on it pretty hard with no issues so far. It was rebuilt at speedlab before I got it. I think I am going to pass on the 9lb pulley dont want to blow the stock bottom end up. I think I am gonna get some 4.10s real soon though.