PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati inpounding cars!!!

duststang
04-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Seen on the news that Cincinnati is inpounding cars with oversized rims saying they are not safe. Nice way to create revenue. Whats next? it is getting a little ridiculous.
:screwy:
http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_west_cincinnati/colerain/police-impounding-cars-with-oversized-rims

Buckeye
04-04-2011, 08:59 PM
they would have had to tow it with me in it

cstreu1026
04-04-2011, 09:15 PM
After seeing some of the ways these POS's have been modified to make the giant wheels fit I think the CPD is doing the public a favor. I wonder if Clyde Gray drives a donk?

CNTLOSE
04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
After seeing some of the ways these POS's have been modified to make the giant wheels fit I think the CPD is doing the public a favor. I wonder if Clyde Gray drives a donk?

No kidding...These "peeps" add 22-24" wheels with stock brakes ment to stop 17-19" wheels...and that is if it is a new car. I especially like seeing a 1970-1980's POS with 24" wheels and stock brakes's. Hopefully when they crash into something it is a brick wall and not someone else.

sean
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
I love it. Its a way to profile people and run their info to see if they have warrants and search the car. Its win win. If the car is done right there are no fines. If your car is peiced together and a P.O.S. you loose it. So if you have warrants or drugs you may want to drive your moms busted up sunbird.

Rick93coupe
04-04-2011, 11:06 PM
So who determines what wheels are too big? If your car came from the factory with 15 / 16" rims, can you get towed for 18's?
I'm so sick of the fucking govt, federal and state!

sean
04-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I am guessing they are pulling over the cars that have been lifted some or just have way over sized wheels. If it looks unsafe or they just want to run your info I am guessing your getting pulled over. Honestly that caddy didnt look unsafe but they didnt show a full side shot of the car. It just looks like a loophole for racially profiling people.

INSANEBA
04-04-2011, 11:24 PM
Damn, I better swap my 26's off the shortbus for the welds before I come into town lmao!

'92Stang
04-04-2011, 11:32 PM
So who determines what wheels are too big? If your car came from the factory with 15 / 16" rims, can you get towed for 18's?

^ THIS!! If there poking there nose in to oversized wheels, whats next? Drag radial cars on the streets? Running big, and littles? Wait till they start on the whole 38" mud tires, half the trailer parks out here will be taking taxi cabs to wal mart...:D

DeckerEnt
04-04-2011, 11:43 PM
I have seen a few of these at cincy speed up on a lift. It is amazing how pieced together some of these cars really are. Completely unsafe at any speed, corner, or stopping. Don't blame the city. Visibility being up that high, how many people need to get run over.

sean
04-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Visibility being up that high, how many people need to get run over.

I never even thought of that. My truck sits up pretty good but the windows and seating position allow for great visibility. I can only imagine those lifted cars with the gangsta behind the wheel and his seat laid all the way back.

'92Stang
04-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I've probably seen some of the same ones. But, I'm basing my opinion off of the caddy posted in the link above, and my opinion is "it's bullshit". So much for land of the free...lol.

sean
04-05-2011, 12:04 AM
I have to agree. The caddy in the link looks fine.

Dirtyd0g
04-05-2011, 02:14 AM
That is a strange law, I see huge disputes unless they set up guidelines.It is just a revenue generator like the credit card and paypal laws. I do think 24's on a car is rediculous,but my opinion doesn't matter it just means I don't want to do it. Freedom of expression is fine by me. I don't want any tattoo's or piercings but I don't think they should be illegal either.Whats next outlaw turbo's on any car that didn't come with them factory?
Alan

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Like i said in the donk thread, cars should have to follow the same bumper height laws that trucks do, but yeah the caddy looked fine. Sounds like profiling to me.

djom1cincy
04-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I guarantee that even if the towed car is found safe the person still has to pay the first tow charge.

adragon72
04-05-2011, 07:41 AM
this is just more bull shit!! i think big ass wheels on a car looks like shit but to tow there car come on, they did the same shit to the low rider guys years ago.

i guess all the people down by my work will be walking soon.

duststang
04-05-2011, 07:45 AM

this is what I am saying! I mean I dont care for DONKs but where does it state how big is too big?

05yellowgt
04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
I think they should get them on bumper laws, same as trucks. Referring to DONK's I mean.

bestracing
04-05-2011, 12:51 PM

They might be only going after the guys with the twenty-fours but like mentioned above who's determining what is too big. Also if they find that the car is okay couldn't that be an illegal seizer? Kind of risky for the city working in such a grey area....

boostanggt
04-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I support it. I sure as hell know I would hate to be hit by one of those, especially if they don't have insurance. The few I have seen come through the shop were sketchy just trying to get them into the door. Shit, a friend of mine saw one with 2 coil springs welded together. And that's safe?

flyin2jz
04-06-2011, 08:17 PM
love it...that law should be everywhere. The bumper height is what is concerning. Same goes for a 2001 turbo cummins diesel lifted way up high. If those vehicles hit a smaller car its all over. At the point my 8yr old knows how retarded it looks on a caprice classic its hard to understand how grown adults dont realize it.

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-06-2011, 08:30 PM
They just need to make it clear as to why they're doing this. If they leave it a big gray area, then they pass a law on something, they could make it to where anything modified beyond stock can be impounded and we all know how that would effect us.

bestracing
04-08-2011, 11:12 AM
They just need to make it clear as to why they're doing this. If they leave it a big gray area, then they pass a law on something, they could make it to where anything modified beyond stock can be impounded and we all know how that would effect us.

That's my point. I bet that most cars here that are modified and are ran at the strip can be impounded by this law just because how vauge it is.

Cincinnati Municipal Code 503.29 which states, "No person shall drive or move or cause or knowingly permit to be driven or moved on any highway, any vehicle or combination of vehicles which is in such unsafe condition as to endanger any person. "

Wider tires than what was installed stock (eg. P315/50R17), new fuel systems, fiberglass panels, plexi-glass, shaved door handles, when will it stop?

I'm all for getting the stupid lifted, unsafe cars off the street but they should pass a specific law addressing that issue.

93whitenotch
04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I think this is just cincys way of harassing people they think do drugs and deal drugs just bc its what they profile those cars bein. I agree that if your gonna do it, do it right. But when I saw the post about the stance of a truck vs a car, I don't think there is a proper way to lift a car like that, especially since they ride with their seats laid back all the way. One thing I started to think about that concerns me is that the city is gonna start targeting performance cars next after they get bored with donks and start impounding our cars. And our stuff is done right and has yrs of testing and planning to back it up. Nor do we ride around with our seats leaned all the way back and our music turned up so loud you can't hear anything.

blown96cobra
04-09-2011, 05:00 PM
F%$kem....we all know what the people that are driving those cars are doing. Granted maybe 10-15% are innocent but i say its for the greater good, Ive been involved in several traffic stops with these type of cars and probably 8-9 out of 10 had some type of controlled substance and in some cases loaded firearms under the seats or burried in their trunk. I wish they would harrass them to the point they wouldnt even feel safe leaving the damn house! Just my .002

50dan
04-09-2011, 05:03 PM
OMG Rent and Roll is gonna be PISSED!!!! :cool1:

blown96cobra
04-09-2011, 05:06 PM
:lol: thats funny!

lxenvy
04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
They might be only going after the guys with the twenty-fours but like mentioned above who's determining what is too big. Also if they find that the car is okay couldn't that be an illegal seizer? Kind of risky for the city working in such a grey area....

Well said

:lol::bigthumb

02mingryGT
04-10-2011, 09:43 AM
F%$kem....we all know what the people that are driving those cars are doing. Granted maybe 10-15% are innocent but i say its for the greater good, Ive been involved in several traffic stops with these type of cars and probably 8-9 out of 10 had some type of controlled substance and in some cases loaded firearms under the seats or burried in their trunk. I wish they would harrass them to the point they wouldnt even feel safe leaving the damn house! Just my .002

+2

I would think State BMV regulations would apply.

SATURNV
04-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Goodbye donks... and good riddence..