PDA

View Full Version : extremely angry

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Man i am SO FUCKING PISSED OFF right now. I collect old toys. I have some Spawn figures that go for $300+ EACH. I had them wrapped in plastic and in heavy boxes. When i moved into this house, my famous last words were "i don't want my toys in the garage where they COULD GET WET".

Well, that last rain we had, the garage pretty much flooded. All my shit is soaked. Boxed figures that were MINT condition that i have hoarded for 10 fucking years are destroyed, because i was guilted into not cluttering up the new house with my "junk".

I estimated a while back that at market value i have over $3k in toys. Anyone ever flushed $3k down the shitter before? I feel like punching someones face in right now. I feel like puking, and punching in someones face.

R825OH
04-06-2011, 07:42 PM
That blows, All my shit is put up or on display.

COOP
04-06-2011, 07:53 PM
damn man that blows. ive got at least that amount in hotwhee ls in my basement and ive always been afraid of that. I keep my stuff in plastic totes just in case for peace of mind

89notch
04-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Insurance will cover it

ascCapri
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
That really sucks brother. I get pissed of and kick myself over far less. I am generally a high anxiety person and still can't figure out how to chill out. So when really bad shit happens (health, family, death, etc) I don't even know what the hell to do. I know I have that pit in my stomach for days, can't eat, can't sleep....over dumb stuff. That really sucks, that's alot of money, and like you said, 10 years of time and research collecting these.

mustangboy
04-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone ever flushed $3k down the shitter before?

Yeah I've stuffed two different race cars into the wall:mad: Sorry to hear about your stuff

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-06-2011, 08:09 PM
I was just talking about rubbermaid totes the other day...which was the last time i was bitching about getting the boxes inside. A day late and a dollar short as usual. Turns out they're not all ruined but three of the more expensive ones are totally soaked.

03z06vette
04-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Insurance will cover it

If its documented on the policy already..

89notch
04-06-2011, 08:42 PM
If its documented on the policy already..

Every homeowners policy has a contents policy that should cover it. Now getting them to give the full replacement value might be a fight

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, expecting an insurance company to give you $300 for an action figure is crazy.

89notch
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Yeah, expecting an insurance company to give you $300 for an action figure is crazy.

If you can prove thats what its worth you have a shot

85_SS_302_Coupe
04-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Well the only proof i've got is a few websites i've seen that have them for sale for that much...but it's like everything else, worth is just what someone is willing to pay.

COOP
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
try to put together the prices on stuff via guides, ebay,etc. its worth a shot
and if you go with rubbermaid tubs - the cheap way to do it is to buy the seasonal ones out, of season. we use halloween and christmas ones we bought dirt cheap in the after holiday markdowns. good luck. in the future, if they give you shit about it this time, i hear its cheap to get a rider on your insurance policy specifically for the toys

Pitbull1052
04-07-2011, 08:40 AM
that sucks D but now it's time to atleast play with them...........

SCHMUCKINGHAM
04-07-2011, 12:17 PM
My Dad ran into a similar problem with his old LP albums. Lots of limite editions and low run count stuff etc. His ex wife made him put them in the basement near the floor and as you can guess it flooded. Ruined the covers and the discs stuck to the wet cardboard, thousands of dollars and 40+ years of collecting pissed away..... and thats why she is an EX wife haha.

I keep all of my Hotwheels and McFarlene toys high and dry, onl thing getting to them is God himself.