PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to the Pinks Team

junior5oh
04-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey Everyone
Its Amanda Changet. Last Thursday I had a Lacrosse game at Fenwick HS in Middletown, Ohio and after we won I met with Kelly Shotwell (89Notch) after for dinner. He contacted me earlier that week, letting me know that the Pinks Camero had sold and that the check was ready to be handed over. I was excited to see Kelly and talk about all that has happened the past few years. We had a great dinner and got to share a few good memories of my dad.

Anyways, I just wanted you all to know that my share of the money from the Pinks Camero is going to my college fund. It is going to help pay for books, class, a computer, anything that is going to help me these next few years.

This January I was accepted to the College of Allied Health Science at the University of Cincinnati. I will be majoring in Advanced Medical Imaging Technology (Sonography, MRIs, CT Scaning, etc.) I will be living at home and commuting to class each day.

Again, thank you so much to everyone that helped with the cars. I'm sure my dad is thinking how lucky he was to have such great friends who could help me when he couldn't. My mom is also very thankful for your kindness.

Love to all
Amanda

AntiRice427
04-10-2011, 10:52 PM
hi amanda it's" plated" i painted the pinks car and really loved doing the car in your fathers name,that was the one of the warmest feelings i have ever felt that night racing,i hung out with you dad alot he was a hell of a man :angel: and i'm more than honord to be a part of it,congradulations to you,i would have logged in on my name but i'm banned from here,but just wanted to say your welcome,it was truley an honor for me:bigthumb

BlazinEagle
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats on being accepted to UC! GO BEARCATS! and good luck.

Stangman
04-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Welcome back. Congrats! Hope you do well in college. I still remember every time I saw/spoke to Vinny... such a cool dude. Hope you still have your black mustang you got from Terry with the sticker I got from your dad on the front glass :bigthumb

Buckeye
04-10-2011, 11:25 PM
I was not involved in the build but I have to say I am still very impressed that they pulled together and did such a feat. I did make the viewing party at MD and I know from meeting people then that SB'erz is a good group of people even if there are issues.

DeckerEnt
04-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks for posting this Amanda!!! I hope the cash helps you out!!!! Your Dad meant so much to ALL of us!!!!

Mista Bone
04-11-2011, 01:06 AM
I donated a part or two, do good in school and make everyone, esp. your dad proud.

Evil_Capri
04-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Very cool!

WHYTRY
04-11-2011, 07:35 AM
i still remeber my first cruz in at hooters talkin to vinny an craig newport. an seeing him in middletown with chris an paul an craig. he was a cool guy forsure.

firestang70
04-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Good luck in school young lady and make us all proud.

Timido
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
This is great news. Go Uc

ibstrokin
04-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Your welcome, but really, Kelly deserves the credit, he started it, and he saw it through. Congrats on being accepted to U.C.

nkystanger
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Awesome news!

denial
04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
This shows that Kelly is a stand-up guy. He is not a bullshitter by any means. A lot of us donated to the funding of the car and it makes us proud to see that the money went to such a great cause. I wish you the best in school, we are proud of you and I know your dad is still watching you and is super proud as well.

Pops Fun
04-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Great news.... Have fun and get that degree!!

beefcake
04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
congrats and best wishes in the future!

hows that stang doing btw??

NXcoupe
04-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Congrats! I am really happy that this final chapter has come to a close and you are set for school. Vinny was a good friend, someone I really enjoyed talking too. I met you one day after the fall cruise; we brought my little girl Izabella over and spent some time with Vinny and family. I was shocked and at a loss when he passed.
I built the engine and got the front and rear suspension and some other things donated for the car. chad and I worked at my shop for the last 3 days before we left getting the car finalized, and then workin on it in the trailer in the hotel parking lot the night before and the day of. I think all the work paid off, and am glad we didn't give up. My trailer hauled the car out and back(thank God that it was ours to bring back), and right now, knowing it has helped those that Vinny loved and held dear, it was worth it. I made some life long friends through that project and brought me back to some of those that I had drifted away from their friendship. Sorry to get so sappy, it just meant a lot to me to see this through for my buddy. I was proud to be a part of it, and have Kelly to thank for that.
that engine is still takin a lickin and still tickin out in mexico now, lol. Good luck, UC is a great school, I enjoyed my time there. And the career you have chosen is an excellent choice, always going to be work and a good living to be made.

Black Horse
04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Glad things are going well for you Amanda! NONE of us will be ever able to replace your dad, but I will guarantee one thing, you need anything , you know where to go, we'll do our best to help you succeed in life!

chad393na
04-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I didn't know Vinny that well, but could tell what a good guy he was the few times I talked to him. Words can't descibe how happy I was when I heard we had won! Good luck in school and life, and know that your dad will always be watching over you. :)

DSSKing68
04-12-2011, 06:23 AM
A great post. Thanks Amanda. I think instead of bitching and griping all the time we should do more good like this.

I know it was a headache for more than one person, but in the end it all worked out and served the purpose it was meant to.

Thanks to all who worked on the project, especially Kelly who I am sure had the most headaches.

SBZ ownz!!

Vinny is smiling.....even through all of this damn rain...LOL