PDA

View Full Version : Short Bus lives!!!!!

INSANEBA
04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Well I pulled the bus into the garage last week, and began to un-do all the harm that the previous owners have done to this poor car. I put in a new trans (T-5), and a new-to-me driveshaft including new u-joints, poly trans mount, new short shifter incl. white shift knob, r/h wheel bearings, and a set of shorty headers, x pipe, flowmaster 40's and dumps. I must say, I've been waiting on this test drive since i bought the thing. WHOLE NEW RIDE! Thanks to everyone that hooked me up on parts, your the best! Now time to prep for the HCI, gears, and springs/shocks/struts. Then it'll be what I wanted for a dd!:bigthumb

Jake
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
those first drives are always incredible! I just give it a few miles to make sure nothing falls off then drop the hammer! :D
congrats on getting it on the street. got any pics?

Stangman
04-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Right on man, glad to hear its coming together!

skeptiq
04-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Niiice! Glad it's coming together for you!

INSANEBA
04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
those first drives are always incredible! I just give it a few miles to make sure nothing falls off then drop the hammer! :D
congrats on getting it on the street. got any pics?

Well I skipped that part, I got the front tires outta the garage, then dropped the clutch and lit em up lol. No pics, I thought about it after my cousin took it for a drive, but was too caught up in the glory of watching it lol. I'll get pics up after she's all cleaned up. Hoping to hemm it up by the weekend:bigthumb

HawksWR37
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Congrats man!

sean
04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Sounds Great. Also I like the name. Thats what I call my daughter. Been her nickname since she was little.

Jake
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Well I skipped that part, I got the front tires outta the garage, then dropped the clutch and lit em up lol. No pics, I thought about it after my cousin took it for a drive, but was too caught up in the glory of watching it lol. I'll get pics up after she's all cleaned up. Hoping to hemm it up by the weekend:bigthumb

man I hope to have that much confidence in my work someday!

HawksWR37
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM

lol.......

buckeye6669
04-18-2011, 03:33 PM
congrats.that sounds like something i would do

INSANEBA
04-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Lol well you can call it what you want, I just know what it shoulda done, and damnit it did it! Jk, ya just gotta make sure everything is right and tight! Just think, this week I get to try my new spraybar kit out on my busa. Theres only one way to do that without a dyno lol:bigthumb