PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Red's tickets?

RACEME
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
I want to take my wife to a game for our anniversary on the 1st. Where is the best place to get tickets? Should I just call the stadium?

skeptiq
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Check craigslist or ebay. Sometimes you can get tix there for around face or less, depending on who they are playing.

Good luck finding tix!

wes 89 gt
04-18-2011, 02:36 PM
reds.com, Right now it is easy to get tickets unless its a promotional game.

Pitbull1052
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
if you're looking to go all out I went a year or two ago and got the diamond seats it's like 175 a seat but comes with Diamond club passes to the buffet where they have montgomery inn ribs and like two or three chefs waiting there.... you sit right behind home plate we were so close you could see the grains of dirt..... but otherwise either call or just pick them up at the gate....

Markcore
04-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Buy them from a scalper at the gate. Usually better tickets for a cheaper price.

RACEME
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
I got the "all you can eat" tickets for $32 each plus fees. Soo $80 for two tickets

MWoods26
04-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Buy them from a scalper at the gate. Usually better tickets for a cheaper price.

Thats what I do to just about every game, concert, or event we go to. Great seats get really really cheap if you dont care to miss the first inning or an opening act.

chadomac
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
The best place to buy tickets is stub hub hands down....... been to 6 games this year and have not payed over 5.00 dollars for a ticketas a matter of fact opening weekend we got tickets for sat game for a buck and sun game for 2 bucks . just got tickets for the joey voto bobble head night and payed 8 bucks a ticket dont know why more people dont use it. oh yea also got floor seats for bob seger for 25.00 bucks a piece what a steal

cobraman302
04-18-2011, 08:03 PM
The BEST way to get tickets is to go to the stadium and buy them at the ticket office. I went there on Saturday and got 7 tickets for Sunday's game...no line, no taxes, no fees, no bullshit. Face value and no more and you get hard tickets in hand.

Before that, I typically just got them off of Craigslist a couple or three days before the game. I prefer now to just go to the stadium though and not hassle with sellers. Just my opinion though.

MWoods26
04-18-2011, 08:14 PM

I prefer now to just go to the stadium though and not hassle with sellers. Just my opinion though.

I kinda enjoy haggling and lowballing low life scalpers to be honest with you.

cobraman302
04-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I kinda enjoy haggling and lowballing low life scalpers to be honest with you.

Haha, I'm not knocking it buddy. Actually, I have never had the nerve to do it, so I cant tell you personally if it's the way to go. I feel dumb for asking this...but is it illegal to scalp if they don't have a license?

MWoods26
04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Haha, I'm not knocking it buddy. Actually, I have never had the nerve to do it, so I cant tell you personally if it's the way to go. I feel dumb for asking this...but is it illegal to scalp if they don't have a license?

Im not real sure but I think it is illegal if they are asking MORE than face value? i could be wrong on this. Not real sure but i have never seen anybody get busted for it and Ive bought LOTS of tics from scalpers over the years

RACEME
04-19-2011, 05:56 AM
I would have tried some of these other ways, but it is an anniversary date with my wire, I wanted to make sure I had a sure thing. Now if anyone has a connection with mother nature......

cobraman302
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I would have tried some of these other ways, but it is an anniversary date with my wire, I wanted to make sure I had a sure thing. Now if anyone has a connection with mother nature......

I will cross my fingers for ya man. Good luck with it!

ffmueller81
04-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I've always had awesome luck with stub hub...