PDA

View Full Version : Online NHRA Rulebook - Anyone have?

beefcake
04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Anyone have a pdf copy or anything?

Thxs

Jeff88coupe
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
What rules are you looking for. I have access to the online rule book by having a NHRA membership...but have never downloaded it and saved it.

beefcake
04-19-2011, 06:55 PM
What rules are you looking for. I have access to the online rule book by having a NHRA membership...but have never downloaded it and saved it.

2 thinks

all safety rules for 10.0's, want to make sure i don't miss anything

and then also

staging procedures.

perticularly how long you have to stage once one the other side is staged, if i get triple bulbed again, i want to know exactly how long I can shut my car off for and let them burn down

Jeff88coupe
04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
You should be good for 10's...it's 9.99 when you need a lot of stuff. You may need a tranny and/or flexplate shield for your tranny, axles with cclip elim's,sfi balancer,wheel studs.
The staging stuff is up to the NMRA's staging rules in their rule book...but it use to be if someone double bulbed you...you could have the started back them out if courtesy stage rules are in effect.

Jeff88coupe
04-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Actually...i saw your pass you lost on the live feed. The other guy double bulbed you..then you pre staged..then he deep staged..then you staged. You have litterly ALL DAY to sit there if the other guy fully stages before you prestage. It is only if you/other lane are both prestaged..then one of you fully stages...then the other lane has 7 seconds to stage if the track is using autostart..which is the norm.

beefcake
04-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Actually...i saw your pass you lost on the live feed. The other guy double bulbed you..then you pre staged..then he deep staged..then you staged. You have litterly ALL DAY to sit there if the other guy fully stages before you prestage. It is only if you/other lane are both prestaged..then one of you fully stages...then the other lane has 7 seconds to stage if the track is using autostart..which is the norm.

no, he went all the way deep before i turned anything on. i have the video of me sitting there honking at the starter. i rolled down my window, asked him to back him out, he would not. i had the pass window down, honked the horn.

if i had pre staged, i never would have had time to do that

Jeff88coupe
04-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Well..then you have a beef (pun intended) with the NMRA and how they enforce courtesy staging..if they even do now. The NHRA has no rules that I know of about courtesy staging...heck the pro's double bulb others all the time.

RIXXX93GT
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Did they delete your thread on the NMRA site Terry?

Timido
04-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Nmra general 2011 rules read courtsy staging is recomened but up to the starter to enforce

beefcake
04-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Nmra general 2011 rules read courtsy staging is recomened but up to the starter to enforce

I know that, what i'd like to know is how long do i have to stage, once their bulb is lit

RACEME
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Pretty sure once you light the prestage, you have 7 seconds to get in.

beefcake
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I know 7 seconds once i'm staged.

What I am asking. Is, How long do I have to stage, once they have lit both their bulbs, but i have yet to "pre stage".

I have 0 bulbs on, is there a time, like 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc..

RIXXX93GT
04-20-2011, 11:34 AM
from what I have seen, the starter at each track has allot to do with it, sometimes they will make the other back out, sometimes they will wave you in. If he wants to be a prick Im sure he could red bulb you. In UMTR we have a courtesy staging "rule" what that means is everyone is supposed to courtesy stage. The track and starter have control over what really goes on at the line. They can choose not to enforce "series" regulations and with more than one series at the track Im sure it can get confusing. If it were me I would just take a couple deep breaths and go about your normal staging routine, no need to sit there and get the crowd and the starter riled up. These things happen either intentionally or not so be prepared for either.

Timido
04-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I think it depends on how they have the tree set up. The last NHRA deal I ran they didnt care how you staged. The said the timer didnt start untill 3 bulbs were lit and then it was like 7-10 seconds I cant remember. Either way if they double bulb you make them pay. Wave at the starter and point at the tree alot of them will back out the other guy they know what you are after. If they dont take your sweet time and inch forward then click one bulb take a deep breath or 2 then go in. Do the same thing everytime when you test and race. You have to beat yourself to win bottom line. I have been screwed at the line a couple times and I have made many others pay. I think as long as you are going foward to the first line they wont start the timer. If you intentionaly try to burn somone down they might just start the timer