PDA

View Full Version : fuel upgrade questions

2kSVT
04-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Guys, I currently have a Series I on my car. I have a Series IV awaiting install. The Series IV has a stock pulley, which will be replaced with a smaller size. I know I need a bigger fuel pump. I was thinking about a Focus SVT 255 pump. I have seen Supercar pumps for decent prices. I have a buddy with an 03 Cobra. He has his hat and 2 new Cobra fuel pumps..said he would let them go for $50. My question will these fit in my tank? Will the fuel pressure module in my car work for these? If the Cobra hat and pumps will fit and work properly it will save me some cash. Would you change the pump..or do a BAP? Also Series IV guys what is the best size pulley for 10-13# of boost. I'm hoping to get as close to 400whp as I can.

Thanks in advance
Rod

jad0087
04-21-2011, 11:20 PM
were you and like 3 ls1s flying down 35 tonight after kilkare?, cuz one of your buddies almost hit me tryin to switch lanes like a dumbass

Blackout
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Guys, I currently have a Series I on my car. I have a Series IV awaiting install. The Series IV has a stock pulley, which will be replaced with a smaller size. I know I need a bigger fuel pump. I was thinking about a Focus SVT 255 pump. I have seen Supercar pumps for decent prices. I have a buddy with an 03 Cobra. He has his hat and 2 new Cobra fuel pumps..said he would let them go for $50. My question will these fit in my tank? Will the fuel pressure module in my car work for these? If the Cobra hat and pumps will fit and work properly it will save me some cash. Would you change the pump..or do a BAP? Also Series IV guys what is the best size pulley for 10-13# of boost. I'm hoping to get as close to 400whp as I can.

Thanks in advance
Rod

Yes it will fit the tank but you will have to keep the tank full in order to not run the pumps dry. The baffels are different in th Cobra tanks. I have heard that some people have been able to make the stock basket work but I really don't know how. Also you might still need to run dual FPDM's.

I wouldnt run the SVT Focus pumps if your going to do any future upgrades that may put you over the 400 rwhp mark. I only got 380 rwhp out of mine.

The Cobra hat with pumps is a great deal for $50 and will support the power that you are wanting to do. If I am not mistaken they are good for about 500 rwhp.

I am pushing 450 rwhp with a single Supercar pump. I am in the process of changing it all over to a cobra tank w/Fore Hat, lines, and rails.

Now they are making now a 255 Walbro for the returnless systems but I don't know much about them. The Focus pumps run at around 210 lph, walbro of course 255 lph, and the supercar pump 310 lph.

I am not a fan of the boost a pump just because if you have any fluxuation voltage from your car, you could make the car run lean, and you know what that will do.lol.

What do you mean by the pressure module? If you talking about the valve in the tank that keeps the pressure in the lines when the car sits overnight then yes for the most part. you will have to buy some Gates submersible fuel line from NAPA $20. But I would not install it and just get the Gates line anyways. There a restriction so I deleted mine a long time ago. the only difference is that I let the pump prime and then start the car instead of sticking the key in and immediatly turning the key. It don't bother me but everyone is different. But if you talking about the fuel pressure sending unit on the rail, then no it will be fine.

Sorry such a long reply, I just wanted to make sure you got as much information as possible. Hope I helped a little. Good Luck!

2kSVT
04-22-2011, 06:27 PM
By the module, I mean the thing in the trunk, on the driver's side. I think you called it the FPDM. I may just buy a Focus or a supercar pump, as I really don't want to modify stuff and burn up pumps. Blackout thanks for the info. I'll buy the Cobra stuff and trade you for the supercar pump!