PDA

View Full Version : Computer help?

COOP
04-21-2011, 11:04 PM
OK, just throwing this out there to see if anyone can help me get my files back. A few weeks ago I got hit with a trojan virus in the form of a fake system restore program. I got that taken care of using malwarebytes and super anti spy ware and all seems to be well except all of my picture files are now gone. I did a system restore (A real one because after wiping out the virus, my folders were gone) and it brought back all my folders but no pictures in them, just short cuts to some, but all the rest are gone.
I am pretty sure the pics are still on my cpu somewhere as when I look at the available space on my HD, there isnt a ton of newly open space, and some of the missing pics have short cuts that stayed (I did not have shortcuts on them prior to the virus). However I can not seem to find them. Anyone have any ideas?
FYI my system is a two year old gateway laptop running vista.

Thanks,

COOP
04-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Haha. Never mind. I fixed it. It turns out it hid all of my files (I'd never bothered to mess with hiding files before so I didn't try that).
Looks like I got all of them back.

furiouslyfaster
04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Glad to hear ya figured it out computer stuff can be as frustrating if not more frustrating that car stuff lol