PDA

View Full Version : Need help car wont idle

mustangman93
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Can anyone give me some advice. I put a boost a pump on and cleaned my K&N air filter yesterday. Took it out and drove it was fine. Today I put some crank case breathers on it and put a new belt on I have a powerdyne basically had to remove the blower to get the new belt on. I fired it up seemed fine took it through town a couple times noticed some popping crackin out the tail pipes on decelleration nothing too bad. Then took it up to about 50 mph push in the clutch and it goes down to about 800rpm then just drops and dies. Anytime I get into 5th gear and push the clutch in it dies. I have popping on decelleration as well anything to look for. I was thinking vacuum leak but its at 20 at an idle. Car is a 2006 mustang gt.

mustangman93
04-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Wanted to add that when I did take it out and stomp it from a few runs it seemed to build boost better and have a little more power then it did before but the idle and popping?

red srides
04-29-2011, 06:40 AM
plugs& fuel prs maf gap the plugs 34th but probly fuel presure

mustangman93
04-29-2011, 09:02 AM
It was absolutley fine until I put the new belt on and the crank case K&N filters on. I had to pull the blower tubes and blower head off to replace the belt. The maf is plugged back in and all hoses and fittings are tight. Seems to only due this in 5th gear.

bobtsgt
04-29-2011, 09:07 AM
was your valve cover pcv hooked up like factory before you put the breathers on? Did you put the MAF back in the same exact spot as before? Some MAF are sensitive to turning once tuned since turbulence in the pipe can change how it hits the meter. Sounds a little like the decel portion of the tune needs to be adjusted or try clocking your MAF to see if it helps any.

mustangman93
04-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Na it was capped off before Just wanted to add some looks to it. I dont think the maf is in a different position I unplugged it and removed the whole tube assembly and just put it back on the way it was. I will clean the maf in a little bit it acts like it has to be air related. I just dont know what the heck happened everythings tight and plugged in. On another forum someone said it leans the car out by adding the breathers to the valve covers. I have a hard time seeing it. Especially since the car runs fine but get up to 50mph and then start having the issues.

bobtsgt
04-29-2011, 11:11 AM
the breathers help the pressure within the case escape. So you don't start blowing past the rings and seals. Need to datalog it while driving and see where it is messing up at. See what the 02s are doing and see what the MAF signal is putting out. Also go over your harness ends and make sure non of the pins have pushed out anywhere and making poor connectivity.

03z06vette
04-29-2011, 11:42 AM
I've seen too much oil on the air filter cause this. I bet the MAF is dirty....Good luck!!

mustangman93
04-29-2011, 01:33 PM
I took the maf sensor out and cleaned the hell out of it with maf cleaner same thing bout ready blow the piece of crap up

Rob
05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
sounds like your iac isnt working correctly

Mike@PAE
05-05-2011, 11:47 AM
so before your pcv was capped completely off? If so now that you added the breathers on the valve cover you have a air leak into the engine. You either need to go back to the way it was or run the vent line back to the inlet side of the blower. if your worried about oil mist getting into the engine you can add a seperator in the hose to prevent that. There isnt a iac on a 06 so you dont have to worry about that.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
05-05-2011, 11:59 AM
What Mike@PAE said or that boost a pump is taking a shit already...... wouldnt be the first time.

mustangman93
05-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I took everything back off cleaned my throttle body cleaned all my sensors put it all back on and it seemed to be running correctly. No popping cracking idling correctly but every great once in awhile it will surge if Im in 5th gear and push the clutch in it will drop down and then surge like it wants to die. Did it twice so far.