PDA

View Full Version : Trades?

NC89GT
05-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Why is it when people have a car for sale or trade they have a price say 5K and then they say trade value must be 7K? If i'm asking 5k for my car and you are asking 5k for yours shouldn't that be equal value? Not trying to buy or trade a car but it baffles me every time I see it online.

INSANEBA
05-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Same here! I usually chalk them up as a complete facking moron and move on about my business...

uknowho1702
05-03-2011, 04:56 PM
People always trying to get boot cause they think there shit thats listed for 5k is worth 6 and yours listed for 5k is only worth 3. My shit is worth more cause its mine lol

NC89GT
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM
I think its crazy. But I agree that people are always looking for a good deal. They also assume that their crap is golden crap

85_SS_302_Coupe
05-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I always figured it was to try to keep from getting lowballed with trade offers. Money is harder to come by than a trade. Either way, it's all BS anyways they'll either trade or they won't regardless because just like them i might say my POS is worth $7k when neither of them are.

Life is just so much easier if you just put a firm price on something and leave it alone. When i bought my Crown Vic, it couldn't have been any easier. I had done the research, i knew what the car was worth, i knew his asking price was very fair since it was well below blue book, i test drove the car, liked what i saw, handed the guy cash and drove away. No lowballing, no BS'ing, no tire kicking. A firm handshake, and then we talked about his 700hp Saleen :lol:

Paul408Notch
05-03-2011, 07:39 PM
If I'm selling something, I want cash.

So if you want to offer me something in trade for it, the item offered needs to be worth more than I'm asking, or I'll hold out for cash.

lxenvy
05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
If I'm selling something, I want cash.

So if you want to offer me something in trade for it, the item offered needs to be worth more than I'm asking, or I'll hold out for cash.

:bigthumb....