PDA

View Full Version : jack butt employer

sean
05-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Well i am looking for a job again. The last place I was at was working with a long time friend to help him get his car lot and collections going. When I started (end of november 2010) they told me they were days away from opening a second location and did i want to come in and help run the lot as an assistant and eventually run the store. I said yes and talked to them a few times. The purchase of the second location didnt happen so me getting them I was going to go find another job. He asked me what I had to have to be able to pay my bills. I said 300 a week and with the other things i had going on that would do it. I knew money was tight until the other lot was open so i cut myself pretty close to help him out thinking that the other location would be up soon and i would get the better money I was promised. He agreed to the 300 and said I would be on a bonus as well until the second location opened then they would put together a salary with bonus. Shortly after I started he wanted me to soley run the collections and opened up a new s corp and it was mine to run. Had a meeting and everyone was informed of my new role. I was told again the money would be more as I now had added responsibilities. Still no more money. Buying the second location, which I was always told was happening as soon as a location was found still didnt happen. Then I was told feb was the new date for the location. Then feb turned into april then may. So about 6 months after starting I was still making 300 a week collections were rock solid and everything was in line. I was told when I was hired I would have a car to drive. The co owner did away with that. Today still no new store and I dont work there any more. I am soo tired of people saying one thing and doing something else. They would hire other people and bragg they got them for 7.50/hr. Then complain that the work said person did was crappy and fired them the next day. There is sooo much more to this and yes as the months went by I got sick of being taken advantage of and started looking for new jobs so i would come in late or call in. I had no idea 300 a week would have been for 6 mos or I wouldnt have taken the job. I guess I did learn something. Dont go to work for friends, they end up not really being friends. Hate being used.

If anyone needs their shop cleaned or has some work let em know. I am looking for a job. lol

adragon72
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
That blows good luck with your hunt.

sean
05-04-2011, 06:23 PM
It does suck. Good thing is everything I have is paid for. The wife has a job. So the only bills we have are household and insurence and the wifes car. I am able to survive on 300 a week but why a friend has to feed me full of shit is beyond me. Not to many jobs out there right now. I should have worked harder when I was in school....

stangman_5
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Im always looking for new people. :bigthumb

2000GT
05-04-2011, 10:20 PM

Doing wat?????

sean
05-04-2011, 10:46 PM

send me a pm. I'm def interested in hearing what your lookikng for.

stangman_5
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
Doing wat?????

I run a quick lube.

stangman_5
05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
PM sent sean

sean
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM
pm replied.

dotygt01
05-06-2011, 05:06 PM