PDA

View Full Version : Crankcase Ventalation for Vortech

2Tone'89
05-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Alright i've read a lot about this, but i want to know what works from guys running about 8-9# of boost.

On my 89 stang I currently have the line that runs from the valve cover running to the PCV with a "T" that runs down to the PCV and then vents out the other side. I've capped that line that used to run vacuum from the PCV to the Upper Intake. The line that hooks up to the TB from the valve cover is also capped off.

I'm going to add crankcase vent filter. Think that will be enough?

Let me know what you guys think.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
05-05-2011, 04:42 PM
My old 86 just had both valve covers vented to atmosphere but oil did get pushed out a bit and made a mess. I usually like to delete the PCV and run both valve covers vented to a catch can.

Racin Jason
05-06-2011, 11:52 AM
this is how i ran mine

SCHMUCKINGHAM
05-06-2011, 02:04 PM
this is how i ran mine

Or you can go baller and run one tank per valve cover in the fender well :) but that is the best setup for a non PCV car.

2Tone'89
05-06-2011, 06:02 PM
So it sounds like I'm gonna need more with a catch can.

Thanks for teh input.

turbo
05-12-2011, 04:32 PM
I use a custom catch can system that I rigged up myself. I would advise to use one for each side, as I am doing. Although my motor is more notorious for blowby (even getting it NA), I think it is essential to have on any forced induction motor.

Oh and ventin to atmosphere is a VERY BAD IDEA!. Think about it this way, first you are spitting oil onto the groud, which if it's taken to the track and they find out, could cause you to et kicked out or banned for a while.

The next problem with venting to atmosphere is that you are essentially creating a vacuum leak. Both choices are a reason I would not vent to atmosphere when a catch can is easily made for under $20.

If you want to use the same setup I have, pm me and I'll send you a walkthrough of what I did

2Tone'89
05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Sent you a PM.