PDA

View Full Version : News stories

MustangChuck
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Has anyone been watching the news? Apparently there was a guy who drove up to the gates at Fort Leonard Wood and produced an ID. The guard at the gate turned him away. He then blew through the gate and got onto the base. He was chased all around the base, got off the base, and made it to Rolla, MO (all the while exchanging fire with the police). Some spike strips were laid down and flattened his tires and he ditched the car somewhere near a University in Rolla (i forget the name of the university). He exchanged some more fire with the police, and now he is on the run. Fox news has been reporting on it. Anyone know anything else from other news sources or have any opinions?

Another news story, but this one is good. So apparently shortly after the death of bin Laden, someone at Louisiana State University took the flag from a war memorial and burned it. Some students got wind of another flag burning about to happen and had their own little rally complete with American flags and "Dont Tread On Me" flags. The one flag burning guy was against thousands of the people countering him (LITERALLY), and they were giving the "USA! USA!" chant. Apparently they ran him off campus. Any thoughts?

mustang8998
05-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Has anyone been watching the news? Apparently there was a guy who drove up to the gates at Fort Leonard Wood and produced an ID. The guard at the gate turned him away. He then blew through the gate and got onto the base. He was chased all around the base, got off the base, and made it to Rolla, MO (all the while exchanging fire with the police). Some spike strips were laid down and flattened his tires and he ditched the car somewhere near a University in Rolla (i forget the name of the university). He exchanged some more fire with the police, and now he is on the run. Fox news has been reporting on it. Anyone know anything else from other news sources or have any opinions?

Another news story, but this one is good. So apparently shortly after the death of bin Laden, someone at Louisiana State University took the flag from a war memorial and burned it. Some students got wind of another flag burning about to happen and had their own little rally complete with American flags and "Dont Tread On Me" flags. The one flag burning guy was against thousands of the people countering him (LITERALLY), and they were giving the "USA! USA!" chant. Apparently they ran him off campus. Any thoughts?

I heard about the LSU deal. Good for them!

furiouslyfaster
05-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Burning our nations flag disrespectfully is bad enough but living in the states and doing it should get you deported to antarctica in my opinion.