PDA

View Full Version : Another Concealed Carry Question.....

Katmandu
05-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Can a person with a Permit shoot loose dogs that are getting attacked by them ?? If so, I'm getting a Permit.

I'm getting sick and tired of irresponsible dog owners letting their dogs run wild and/or not properly restraining them. :mad: Yea, your Pit is all nice and sweet when he's with you and RESTRAINED. Let the SOB get loose and it's a whole nuther story. :rolleyes:

I f**king hate it when the wife and I are out walking our Beagles (on leashes) when a dog comes running out from nowhere and wants to fight with my dogs. My wife is scared shitless out of other peoples dogs too.

I would have no qualms about put a slug right between your Pit's eyeballs. :tard:

Whyucryn
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
You shouldn't judge all pitbulls just because of the one your having problems with. Any dog with a irresponsible owner can be a risk, not just pits.

Katmandu
05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
You shouldn't judge all pitbulls just because of the one your having problems with. Any dog with a irresponsible owner can be a risk, not just pits.I'm not. I was throwing that out there for an example. I'd shoot any dog that would attack us.

I have friends that have Pits. One is a complete wussy baby inside the house. Outside she turns into a insane monster. They other is aggressive as hell inside their home and is a complete asshole outside. The owners are very calm, decent folks too. :rolleyes:

People say it's all in how they are raised. Ask the owner how THEY were raised! I was raised by Wolves myself! lmao! :lol:

Moody
05-18-2011, 02:50 AM
You can shoot the dog if your in fear of your life and the lives of others its all how you word the report that would have to make. If you had to shoot an attacking dog to protect life limb and eye sight there shouldn't be a huge problem. Just treat the situation like it was a person attacking. But that's my 2cents. Or call the dog warren, local police about lose aggressive dogs.

djom1cincy
05-18-2011, 07:42 AM
This was discussed on other forum a while back. You cant shoot a dog for attacking a domestic dog or cat. However, you can shoot a dog for attacking a human or livestock. Livestock would include rabbits, chickens, or any other farm animal. If a dog was charging your beagles and you happen to pick the beagle up and was attacked in the process then would you be ok?

RIXXX93GT
05-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I would call the police and file a report before taking it to this level.

bangingears
05-18-2011, 09:17 AM
what the hell has that got to do with a CCW? there is a thing called open carry if you must shoot a dog........there is also something called pepper spray, its works too

Maximus
05-18-2011, 09:46 AM
I would call the police and file a report before taking it to this level.

I agree %100. Take the class and you'll soon learn all the laws involved.

facemelter71
05-18-2011, 10:02 AM
what the hell has that got to do with a CCW? there is a thing called open carry if you must shoot a dog........there is also something called pepper spray, its works too

Yup,Open carry FTW.....

Black92LX
05-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I agree %100. Take the class and you'll soon learn all the laws involved.

If the dogs are attacking you or someone else go ahead and shoot them. If they are just running at large no.

I have learned that a bullet is best when it comes to attacking dogs. I am about the biggest dog lover one will find but when it comes to dealing with aggressive dogs shooting is the only option I turn to anymore.
Pepper spray and baton only pisses them off, taser will stop them until the current is shut off but they are pissed, and it takes about 3 minutes for the taser to kill a dog far too inhumane in my opinion.

Katmandu
05-20-2011, 01:41 AM
Pepper spray and baton only pisses them off, taser will stop them until the current is shut off but they are pissed, and it takes about 3 minutes for the taser to kill a dog far too inhumane in my opinion.Exactly.

We do carry pepper spray and a nice collapsable baton as well.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/UkGUnKIng-IMrcDmIG-ma7ZHYdm0wtU2nW6dd_yGGWr9PvVdHbZoq7sZ8AOuApu4E5TtM P4W76ZEI-vsw1r1fJCHOkNSjhtr7aMYaalHVYSRVejJbBxKUfeoqvVg-DylQuJ_P8U-sxYQeTEWGCWnYFvLFw

Dirtyd0g
05-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I know where you are coming from with it. I was held for about 20 minutes by a buddies pit (short stocky brindle variety) until he finally came out. The gate had been left open and the dog paid no attention to the boundries. On the other hand the white american bulldog that hangs out here at times is really harmless. I trust her running around the yard with my young kids and that was not an easy thing to do. Training is important. The more things a dog can do the better behaved they are. As far as shooting one is concerned I would tend to think it would be ok, however the laws isn't about my thoughts. I suggest stopping by your local sheriff's office and getting a flyer in the rack that sits in the waiting area.
Alan