PDA

View Full Version : Best meal I ever ate

Goldenpony
06-11-2011, 12:22 AM
My wife and I were recently on vacation which included about a week in NYC. I decided to do something that was on my bucket list, eat in one of Gordon Ramsay's restaurants.
We went to the London Hotel in NYC. We decided to eat in the more casual of Ramsay's restaurant, The Maze. We opted for the 5 course meal ($70 each). The portions were somewhat small, which is typical of European type restaurants. I will tell you this, that was the best meal I have ever eaten in my 65 year old life. To top it off, when we told the manager we were fans of Gordon Ramsay's TV shows, we were given a personal tour of the kitchen.
Yes, it was an expensive meal, but it was also an experience I will never forget. :)

sean
06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Always wanted to do that. I love his shows. Hes a pretty cool cat. What did you guys have?

Goldenpony
06-11-2011, 01:28 AM
We started off with a cold tomato soup, i think it's called gazpacho (not sure of the spelling). It also had some kind of veggies in the soup.
I think next was some kind of a salad with baby beets. We both hate beets, but this salad was wonderful.
Next was pan seared scallops- absolutely to DIE FOR.
Next was out main course. My wife had wing of skate (a type of sting ray) and I had a cut of sirloin - very flavorful, perfectly cooked a medium rare, and melted in my mouth.
Last was desert. My wife had a baked chocolate souffle (I haven't a clue how to spell these.) I had a frozen vanilla custard with a scoop of fruit sorbet and a few other sweet goodies thrown in. With my desert, I was served the best coffee I ever tasted.
I believe Gordon Ramsay could cook for God.

sean
06-11-2011, 02:41 AM
lol. thats sounds great... except for the sting ray wing... Im goinna pass on all that. Good for you for going the med rare steak route. Just think, theres people out there that eat there just because they are hungry and they didnt want to drive to the next place.... I hate those people. lol

I also want to go eat at one of the restaurants he saves on kitchen nightmares.