PDA

View Full Version : need some tool advise (drill press)

pegasus
06-17-2011, 11:09 AM
hey guys fathers day kinda creeped up on me I was wanting to get dad a drill press for fathers day but this week my paycheck is going to pay med bills (oh joy) anyway I found a used delta drill press on Craigslist but im not sure if they are any good and other than craftsman being ok im not sure what to look for

pegasus
06-17-2011, 11:12 AM
also found this http://columbus.craigslist.org/mat/2427512060.html if i can talk him down

Pitbull1052
06-17-2011, 11:17 AM
a bud of mine has one similar to the one you posted in Cbus..... I've used it a few times and It works great....... don't ever think about moving it!!!!!!!!!

Timido
06-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I have a small 10" Delta drill press it works great for small stuff no complaints.

94tchikinv8
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
hey guys fathers day kinda creeped up on me I was wanting to get dad a drill press for fathers day but this week my paycheck is going to pay med bills (oh joy) anyay I found a used delta drill press on Craigslist but im not sure if they are any good and other than craftsman being ok im not sure what to look for

So what you're saying is that you need access to a drill press and want to kill two birds with one stone?

pegasus
06-17-2011, 10:39 PM
No dad has been wanting one for quite sometime and he has everything he needs for his camaro but the kooks headders and there's no way I'm going to be able to afford that

Dirtyd0g
06-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I have the largest harbor freight one made. Has the big rectangle table. Crank busted quickly and parts are not available. Other than that it has 1.5 hp and will take a large jacobs chuck. I use the crap out of mine and really work it hard. I had the one with the round table before that and it was a piece of junk. When dealing with the cheap chinese crap buy the best oen they have or don't bother. Unfortunately I think you could spend 3 times as much on a craftsman and not really do any better.
Alan