PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Ranges

Maximus
06-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Lets start a thread listing Ranges in KY, IN, and OH.
If you have been to one, please post your Pro's and Con's of each one. If the range has a link, please list that also.

Target World (Indoor Range)...http://targetworld.net/

Pros...
Close to work, good selection of Weapons (Not sure on pricing thou)
Cons...
Crowded Indoor Range, I feel I have to watch my back while in the shooting area

Randy's Range (Outdoor)...http://www.randysrange.com/

I havent been out there so if someone has, please list up some details!

RIXXX93GT
06-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Vandalia Range and Armory = Indoor pistol and rifle range.
Pros= Nice staff, professional, they run a tight ship...= SAFE. Huge selection of guns for sale and rentals.
Cons= a little drive for you guys down south.
http://www.vra-ohio.com/

Black92LX
06-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Miami Rifle and Pistol Club have to be a member but they have lots of range options.
http://www.miamirifle-pistol.org/

Fairfield Sportsman Association
http://www.fairfieldsportsmen.com/

Central Ohio Coon Hunters Association
http://centralohiocoonhuntersassociation.com/index.html

DSSKing68
06-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I was a memeber at Miami for many years. A nice range, and a lot of shooting activites.

Timido
06-18-2011, 05:45 PM
I go to Miami pistol about once a month it is a great range. I go to Fairfield sportsman on Fridays for steel shoots. The riffle range at Fairfield is not that great 100yard . For sporting clays, archery, 50 yard pistol light riffle, and plinking range fairfield is great. that is what I am signing up for. For me it is convienient to me on the way home and only 15 minutes from my house. If I lived on the east side of town I would go to Miami it is very nice

Timido
06-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Indoor range hands down I would drive twice as far to go to shooters in independence than target world. I don't like target world there is always a wait and I think shooters is nicer

Gstang117
06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Middletown Sportsmens Club
http://www.middletownsportsmensclub.com/
Pros:
Friendly yet strict staff (at least at the firing range, not for sure about skeet and trap)
Got a fishing pond (used to have to have an additional pass but I'm not for sure anymore)
I believe the range goes up to 200 yards away
Cons:
Need a membership :(
Doesn't sell guns (got a board up with members who are interested in selling their firearms and accessories)
Outdoor range (but has shade and lots of parking

DocG2828
06-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Outdoor range in Crittenden. I think its called Lloyds and is part of some wildlife park.

Its free and not usually crowded when I go.

DeckerEnt
06-19-2011, 05:28 PM
I go to Shooters in Independence. 25 yard range indoors. Well lit and ventilated. Nice people to deal with too.

2Kblacksleeper
06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
I have been going to Tranquility state park for years.

It is a drive. About 60 min from Eastgate out 32.

Pros: usually empty, Overhead covering. 25Meter pistol, 100meter rifle range.
I have always been on weekdays, I have never seen more than 3 other people there.

Cons: Damn drive, Not easy if you dont know where to turn off.

The only way i know to get there is going down an unmarked gravel road off of the main.

I hate Target world. ( been muzzel swept too many times, and had a richochet hit me after and idot was in the lane next to me. ) Prices are too high. Etc.
I have had one good experience at Target world, I was shoot my old Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskin 454 casuell snub nose. I shocked a few people their with the 2 ft flames and concussion from that hand cannon. lol

I want to go to shooters and Miami.

Timido
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Miami you need to be a member unless it is for events. I shoot steel plates it is a blast

2Kblacksleeper
06-20-2011, 01:09 AM
I know Donnie from shooters supply has been trying to get me to do that for a while. He said its a great time.
I just need to get a gun to do it with.

Timido
06-20-2011, 01:01 PM
All you need is just about any pistol with 6 magazines or a revolver with a speed loader and a wood Blacktop

furiouslyfaster
06-20-2011, 02:12 PM
I have been going to Tranquility state park for years.

It is a drive. About 60 min from Eastgate out 32.

Pros: usually empty, Overhead covering. 25Meter pistol, 100meter rifle range.
I have always been on weekdays, I have never seen more than 3 other people there.

Cons: Damn drive, Not easy if you dont know where to turn off.

The only way i know to get there is going down an unmarked gravel road off of the main.

I hate Target world. ( been muzzel swept too many times, and had a richochet hit me after and idot was in the lane next to me. ) Prices are too high. Etc.
I have had one good experience at Target world, I was shoot my old Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskin 454 casuell snub nose. I shocked a few people their with the 2 ft flames and concussion from that hand cannon. lol

I want to go to shooters and Miami.

^X2 However it is not as bad as a drive for me, but the times I went me and my friend were the only one there. It is hard to get to. I haven't been in a while.

DocG2828
06-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Marks Guns in Florence.

Been there once and it had to be the worst range I've ever seen. This was about 5 years ago so maybe they have changed it since, but it was not ventilated or well lit. I would not go back.

I've heard Shooter's can get pretty crowded at times. Its a nice place and everyone I have talked to there is always very friendly and very helpful.

93RedNotch
07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
I go to spring valley in waynesville. You have to buy a range pass at walmart ($4) other than that it's free, they have a bow range, trap, 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges all outdoor. They are open until 4:40 every day but Monday, you pretty much take 42 north (from lebanon) and it's way up on your left. Gives you a nice variety. Clean organized range.

thecollector
07-02-2011, 03:12 AM
I go to spring valley in waynesville. You have to buy a range pass at walmart ($4) other than that it's free, they have a bow range, trap, 25, 50, and 100 yard ranges all outdoor. They are open until 4:40 every day but Monday, you pretty much take 42 north (from lebanon) and it's way up on your left. Gives you a nice variety. Clean organized range.

I agree though my pass was 20 something. Finally something useful from tax dollars.

beefcake
07-07-2011, 10:47 PM
been going to shooters, signed up for a yearly with them.

it is cold in the winter though lol

cstreu1026
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I drive past Spring Valley (or at least he turn off) twice a day but have never been there.

I usually go to Vandalia Range & Armory. They have the normal indoor pistol range and a 100 yd. indoor riffle range. As Rick already said they are very professional and very safety conscious which I like.

ibstrokin
07-07-2011, 11:35 PM
All you need is just about any pistol with 6 magazines or a revolver with a speed loader and a wood Blacktop

Uhhhhhh...What's a wood blacktop:rofl:

Timido
07-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Hell I don't know what I was trying to say. This damn smart phone probably thought I was trying to say that. I am going to shoot steel tonight production auto class