PDA

View Full Version : help and opinions on paint

sean
06-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I am getting some money together to have plated put some flames on my car so i will commit to keeping it. Its a 2001 mineral gray gt convertible. Has the charcoal inside and top. I want the flames to be ghost flames. I am thinking all the same color which would be lighter mineral gray. I dont want it to be that noticeable untill you really look at it. I am wanting defined lines and not the whispy flames. I showed the wifey what i was thinking and she rolled her eyes so I would like some ideas from you guys. Its an odd color so I am not sure what I want. If you have any pics or ideas let me know. Thank you.

inferno50
06-21-2011, 09:54 PM
I would say just a little white pearl around the outside of the flames would look good. Just my 2 .

chris91
06-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Id say if you intend on ever getting rid of it(we know you will) I wouldnt mess with flames or anything like that. When you do something like that you severely limit your range of people that would be interested in buying it.

sean
06-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Id say if you intend on ever getting rid of it(we know you will) I wouldnt mess with flames or anything like that. When you do something like that you severely limit your range of people that would be interested in buying it.

Lol. Everythings (most everything) is always for sale. Your right about the limited market. I have always wanted a freaking car with flames... Flame out the clown car.. lol

chris91
06-21-2011, 10:16 PM
There ya go!! I got some painters tape here and we can grab some spray cans and go to town!! haha

sean
06-21-2011, 10:22 PM
There ya go!! I got some painters tape here and we can grab some spray cans and go to town!! haha

lol.. silly ass.

SJSlots
06-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Personally... I like it the way it is.

Can you do the flames in just pearl?

My vote goes toward lowering it, a more aggresive lower bumper then HP adds.

Buckeye
06-21-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't see that color going well with flames... BUT if you insist then just take it to Chris and turn him lose, he is a artist we are not whatever he comes up with will most likely be better than you or us

sean
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
My vote goes toward lowering it, a more aggresive lower bumper then HP adds.

Are you talking like a 01 cobra front bumper? or just a black lower lip?

Stangman
06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Def. Needs atleast a mach1 chin spoiler and lowered

sean
06-21-2011, 11:49 PM
come on. You dont like the 4x4 look? Who lowers and whats that cost? Its stock sooooo it needs everything. Exhaust, gears. etc

Maximus
06-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Flames on that Stang and you might as well drive thru Pickle Park and find yourself a "friend".:eek:

Lower that Bitch, Put a FN Procharger on it, and scare the F--K out of your neighbors!! :evilflip:

Just sayin....

sean
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Flames on that Stang and you might as well drive thru Pickle Park and find yourself a "friend".:eek:

Lower that Bitch, Put a FN Procharger on it, and scare the F--K out of your neighbors!! :evilflip:

Just sayin....

lol... pickle park. Silly ass. What am I looking at for a nice used procharger kit and instal on it? Its all stock... Stock exhaust, gear, shifter, every thing. Has k&n filter and frame tied. (I believe that comes stock on the convertible) thats it. I want to wake it up too. I was thinking 410 gear and some exhaust for that. 430 seems a bit high for a car that may see a trip down the highway to florida sometime. I was happy to have a stock unmolested car but damn.... its expensive to get it to the point where you can molest it.. lol

Maximus
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM
4:10s, Tri-Axe shifter, Eibach (or Steeda) springs, CAI, Flowmaster 40 series CB, Tune and have Chris two tone it, DONE! Its a Vert...you wanna go FAST, buy a hardtop.:bigthumb

Buying a used SC kit is like banging susie drippin box. Sure its fun, but your two pump buddy, done messed it up for the rest of ya.

Once again.

just sayin....:D

chris91
06-22-2011, 02:26 AM
4:10s, Tri-Axe shifter, Eibach (or Steeda) springs, CAI, Flowmaster 40 series CB, Tune and have Chris two tone it, DONE! Its a Vert...you wanna go FAST, buy a hardtop.:bigthumb

Buying a used SC kit is like banging susie drippin box. Sure its fun, but your two pump buddy, done messed it up for the rest of ya.

Once again.

just sayin....:D

Damn you!!!! Now I have to get outta my cozy bed and grab a towel and some windex. Spit my drink all over the laptop!! haha

V8Mustang1967
06-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Flames = Fugly... Just giving you my 2 cents.

mad max
06-22-2011, 08:30 AM
I agree with maximus , the two tone look would be much better than flames.

Pitbull1052
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM

Just sayin....

Craig is so on point..... i have some ghost flames but they are so invisible you really really have to look for them but it was that way when i got it..... i'm just not a fan of flames on a Stang unless it's like a two tone seperator or something..... but to each their own if i was going to do it something kinda tribal

sean
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
lol. right to the point. The other mods are what I was thinking of doing but I was thinking a upr blue thunder shifter. It was suggested by a friend.

2000GT
06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I got ghost flames because Im not a big fan of flames that stand out.

Here a couple pics of mine i know its not the same color. But I was aiming for the same thing as you. something that you couldn’t really notice till you were up on it.

From about 10 feet

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv84/jll92987/BEFORESALE1.jpg

And up close

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv84/jll92987/airbrushhood6.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv84/jll92987/airbrushhood4.jpg

plated
06-23-2011, 09:27 AM
flame it,i didn't listen to my parents,teachers,or peers :evilflip: and still don't hmmmmmmm soft black pearl ghost flames

Maximus
06-23-2011, 11:04 AM
If you do Flame, I hope you dont run that "Trail" of flames like on the other Stangs you have done. Sure they look cool, but its been done. Be creative and come up with something new.:bigthumb

bandit'sgirl
06-23-2011, 11:07 AM
flames are cool

Racin Jason
06-23-2011, 01:56 PM
i think u should do ur flames in that heat activated paint.. check out on you tube..ill find the link.................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpKwA_iUcw&feature=player_detailpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1mVl0cxfr0&feature=player_detailpage

bandit'sgirl
06-23-2011, 02:40 PM
my dad had a ss trail blazer that was silver and he had a silver pin strip flame put on,it looked really cool

dawsin94cobra
06-23-2011, 03:09 PM
i think u should do ur flames in that heat activated paint.. check out on you tube..ill find the link.................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCpKwA_iUcw&feature=player_detailpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1mVl0cxfr0&feature=player_detailpage

thats sweet

plated
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
If you do Flame, I hope you dont run that "Trail" of flames like on the other Stangs you have done. Sure they look cool, but its been done. Be creative and come up with something new.:bigthumb

i've painted close to 80 cars in the past three yrs and 11 of them had flames,i haven't posted any pics of what i been doing the past few yrs just been to busy to,i've been doing woodgrain look,carbon fiber,graffiti,tyedye effect,even a galaxi back ground,working on a cracked concrete look on a whole car idea waiting on the right car to come in for that one:evilflip: alot have been streetrods,bikes,impala's out the wazoo,pop machines,boats,planes i don't work on just mustangs,i have yrs of pics to upload one of these days:confused:

bandit'sgirl
06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
guess that says it all...........i saw the squid and craigs car and they both looked sweet..keep up the great paint jobs plated

Maximus
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
i've painted close to 80 cars in the past three yrs and 11 of them had flames,i haven't posted any pics of what i been doing the past few yrs just been to busy to,i've been doing woodgrain look,carbon fiber,graffiti,tyedye effect,even a galaxi back ground,working on a cracked concrete look on a whole car idea waiting on the right car to come in for that one:evilflip: alot have been streetrods,bikes,impala's out the wazoo,pop machines,boats,planes i don't work on just mustangs,i have yrs of pics to upload one of these days:confused:

Get a Facebook page so we can follow along!:D

bandit'sgirl
06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
plated im gonna need some harley parts painted, i will get ahold of you ,i like your work

bandit'sgirl
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
gas tank,faring,front finder,and back finder
probably all black,not sure yet