PDA

View Full Version : Do you acknowledge?

SJSlots
06-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Purely a curiosity of mine... how many of you acknowledge others Mustangs as you pass them?

I normally toss up too fingers on my steering wheel hand each time I pass a decent looking fellow Stang. A good 90% of the time no one wave's back. My wife thinks I'm a dork for waving to other Mustang drivers and since I rarely get a return salute I'm guessing she's right.

I see motorcyclists dropping their left arm down to wave to each other all the time, see Jeep drivers signal each other as they go by as well yet most Mustang drivers just pass and ignore each other. Should I just join the masses and ignore my Mustang bretheren?

MWoods26
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
If you wave at every single Mustang you pass Im going to agree with your wife, your a dork. lol. The reason 90% of the time you dont get a wave back is because out of all the mustangs on the road its probly less than 10% of them that being drove by real car people or mustang enthusiest. Mustangs are far too common and just a car to alot of people. Now I admit, when I pass a super super clean foxbody or another terminator and I can tell they are looking at my Cobra just as hard as Im looking at their car I will give a wave or a head nod and I always get one back:bigthumb

Pitbull1052
06-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Mustangs are far too common and just a car to alot of people. Now I admit, when I pass a super super clean foxbody or another terminator and I can tell they are looking at my Cobra just as hard as Im looking at their car I will give a wave or a head nod and I always get one back:bigthumb

I agree I was thinking the same thing that if I waved, threw the dueces, gave the nod at every Stang that passed I wouldnt be getting much driving done and would prolly wreck lol........ I only give credit where credit is due... i'm not going to wave at a 6 banger, 4 cyl, or generally anything that's stock unless it's a Termi, or a super clean fox.....

furiouslyfaster
06-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I also agree because most likely if the mustang is stock then that person isn't a car person, or they are poor and spent all their money on the mustang lol.... regardless my wife still thinks I am retarded... That's just something I have to get use to lol.

cobraman302
06-29-2011, 11:14 AM
I tend to wave, or acknowledge the driver if the mustang has an exhaust or obvious visual/performance mods done to it. Unfortunately there are a lot of hardasses out ther ein mustangs that think they are too cool to acknowledge you back because of what they drive.

CincySR
06-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I try to acknowledge modded stangs, but sometimes I'm too distracted looking at the car to notice the driver, unless its a hot woman.

85_SS_302_Coupe
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't unless they look like something a car enthusiast drives. If it looks like a stock everyday Mustang i don't but if i see another Fox or a Cobra or something that looks like the owner has put some love into it, then i do.

beefcake
06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
only if they look badass

02mingryGT
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Only if they're not stock. I goose it at every Camaro or Challenger I see.

pegasus
06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
i do when im in the super duty to other super dutys most wave back

Stangman
06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Everytime I am in my mustang I never hardly ever run in to any mustang owners, but the second I get in my truck they are all over

SJSlots
06-29-2011, 03:37 PM
i do when im in the super duty to other super dutys most wave back

Right see? I have a buddy that drives a Solstice and when I asked him if they wave to each other he told me he waves to every one and they almost always wave back.

I guess I'll stop caring about it and wave only if I'm waved at first...

graysonracin
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
If its really nice, or sounds great i do, but some are just peoples daily drivers that need the cobb webs blown out of them.:lol:

SJSlots
06-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Everytime I am in my mustang I never hardly ever run in to any mustang owners, but the second I get in my truck they are all over

That's because they know you... and they're skeered! lol

rtvickers
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Thats funny everytime Im out in my truck I see all kinds of stangs or other hot rods. But when Im out in my stang I dont see anything. Every once in a while or when I go to E20 or a cruise. But not usually on the street and most of the time I drive my stang Im going to the east side. Maybe Im just not paying enough attention. But I get alot of thumbs up or a head nod from other people. I had a guy on a harley the other night, coming across the 275 bridge by Kellogg coming back into KY, who wouldnt let me over to get onto 471. If I slowed down he slowed down just off my right quarter. So I sped up and so did he. So I dropped to 3rd and left him sitting then got over. Then he pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up. Thats cool but he didnt have to go through all of that. I would have showed him alittle if he asked. He tried to keep up but it didnt work. But anyway... Id rather get a little rev before a wave. I may not see the wave but Ill hear the rev.

sean
06-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I have alot of homo waves when I'm in my clown car. I absolutely hate the miata owners. They will flip their headlights our wave. I hate it. I do the wave thing on the motorcycle and some mustangs.

Gstang117
06-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I have alot of homo waves when I'm in my clown car. I absolutely hate the miata owners. They will flip their headlights our wave. I hate it. I do the wave thing on the motorcycle and some mustangs.
Have you driven a Chevy Aveo yet? I feel one of those clowns, except I'm driving a lunchbox on wheels.

sean
06-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Yep. Drove a burnt orange one for a while. Hated that

Gstang117
06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Yep. Drove a burnt orange one for a while. Hated that I don't know how big you are but I'm 6'1" and built like ox, with me sitting in one of them it almost literally drags on the ground, don't know why on earth napa has one..

sean
06-29-2011, 11:29 PM
I don't know how big you are but I'm 6'1" and built like ox, with me sitting in one of them it almost literally drags on the ground, don't know why on earth napa has one..

lol.. I am shorter but stocky. I hated that damn aveo. The good mpg didnt help. The clown car is so much fun to drive I dont car what people think any more.

2007ShelbyCobra
06-30-2011, 12:27 AM
I try to, but only if it looked modded or real clean. I wave at every vette or really any nice car I see. And of course I blip the throttle at every challenger or camaro :)

skeptiq
06-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Funny this topic has come up. I quickly realized while waving at the majority of Mustangs that only the "true" Mustang fans will wave back. Also, my wife thinks I am a dork when I do it. Now I only wave to those that either wave at me first or are modded in some noticable way. When I had my Jeep it didn't matter, 95% of other Jeep owners waved...

SJSlots
06-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Funny this topic has come up. I quickly realized while waving at the majority of Mustangs that only the "true" Mustang fans will wave back. Also, my wife thinks I am a dork when I do it.

You and I are both in Delhi... so if I see you I'll likely wave! :lol: