PDA

View Full Version : Need Imeadiate Help

Gstang117
07-02-2011, 08:06 PM
My dad and I got into a fight over a stupid truck and I got mad and gave him the money for it, the title has both our names in it but it has not been transferred. Literally three minutes after I gave it to him I rethink it and now he will not give it back. What should I do? I need the money back, the truck is a fucking peace of shit. It barely runs. he figured it up to be 800 dollars, but I've done almost all the work to it. He will not give the money back and I need it for a new vehicle.

Dirtyd0g
07-02-2011, 08:29 PM
A truck isn't worth an eternal fight with family. Especially not an $800 one. Kill em with kindness and I bet he changes his mind and the 2 of you can come to a fair solution. If not, oh well it is your dad.
Alan

Blackout
07-02-2011, 08:58 PM
yeah I agree with Dirty Dog. I don't have a relationship with my mom over differences with a family dispute and wish it was different, but I know first hand that reconciliation will not change or bring back the relationship that once was. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue.

mad max
07-02-2011, 09:26 PM
Dude , i would do whatever you could to mend that fence. I work with my dad everyday and we have disagreements and arguements but at the end of everyday , i still tell him i love him. You cant replace that relationship no matter how hard you try. Cool off and give it some time and then talk to him about it.

Gstang117
07-02-2011, 10:14 PM
Okay thanks guys, I'm currently spending time over at my friends house just cooling off

flyin2jz
07-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Ahh a dad or mom isnt that big a deal. Ive washed of both of mine for reasons far less than that. If your father is willing to be like that then why bother with the guy. I dont get why people think you have to let people walk all over you. whether parents or not. Id never talk to him again. Sometimes parents need to learn lessons also. Id never dick my son over with anything. Sorry man but parents arent supposed to be like that.

sean
07-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Thats sad. There has to be a bigger person when things go bad. If your parents brought you up right youll be the bigger person. Im 38 and I love my parents for everything they did for me.

redfirepearlgt
07-03-2011, 07:30 AM
A truck isn't worth an eternal fight with family. Especially not an $800 one. Kill em with kindness and I bet he changes his mind and the 2 of you can come to a fair solution. If not, oh well it is your dad.
Alan

Well said. There is a book on the market that has 66 volumes of instructions on life. Been a best seller for years. In one of those volumes there is the advise that warns "Fathers (parents) do not to embitter your children". In another more popular volume of that book it says, "Honor your Mother and your Father". And last "Love your neighbor as yourself". It is a two way street.

Yes sir, mend the fence. Some times the bigger man/person isn't the parent because parents are no less perfect than kids. We all have our pinhead moments. Getting past them though requires someone to step up and be the bigger person over the matter. Have a nice day. Glad you are approaching this properly. Good on you!

bronzeLX
07-03-2011, 09:10 AM
Well said redfirepearlgt and dirtyd0g, some good advice Grant.

Dirtyd0g
07-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I read from a different book but the principles are the same. I do my best to follow in the footsteps of the only perfect man. Alas I am not, but it does not hurt to try. It is terrible to see family butt heads over an insignificant item that means absolutely nothing in the eternal world. You can't take it with you so it isn't worth fighting for.
Alan

redfirepearlgt
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
I read from a different book but the principles are the same. I do my best to follow in the footsteps of the only perfect man. Alas I am not, but it does not hurt to try. It is terrible to see family butt heads over an insignificant item that means absolutely nothing in the eternal world. You can't take it with you so it isn't worth fighting for.
Alan

Are you referring to The Fonz???? Just kidding, know what you mean. Have a good week.

Gstang117
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm going back tonight to talk to my dad and work things out.

Dirtyd0g
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
You too and I hope everyone enjoys their 4th, especially being a 3day weekend this year which is super nice. A great time to grill out with family and just have a good time. One of the few days a year I have a few drinks but I stood in line too long at meijer last nite and was 10 minutes late on getting some beer.....boooooo
Alan

mad max
07-03-2011, 07:14 PM
^ that would suck .

Gstang117
07-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Good news everybody, I have the 800 back and will hopefully be purchasing a new vehicle tonight. I have also apologized to my father and we are on sort of good terms. I have until August 1st to either sell the vehicle for the full 800 or sell it for less and pay him the amount left.
The entire (condensed) backstory behind it was he purchased the vehicle about a year and a half ago to help me make it through the winter when my mustangs transmission blew up. I drove it up until about two months ago, when I got the mustang (sorta) fixed. Now that the mustang was running he wanted it to be fixed and sold. So I began trying to work on it but with working full time I found myself having less time to work on it. He wasn't happy about how it was coming along and after finding out that I didn't have as much money as he believed I had he said I had been wasting it (truthfully I had been, did some stupid things that I'm not to proud of and alot of money went up in flames in the process) and we got into an argument over it. He told me I needed to pay him back for the parts he had me install on the truck and the truck itself and that it was going to be 800 for a 500 dollar truck that I had done almost all of the work on. I got furious and took 800 from the money I had been saving and threw it at him. After rethinking it, I asked him to give it back and he would not. I decided to go back inside and posted that thread. He came back inside a little while later and started yelling at me. So I decided to leave and spend the night at a good friends house. That about sums it up. I apologize for this thread, it was posted in haste and I was going off my feelings and not thinking things through logically.

Dirtyd0g
07-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear it smoothed over.
Alan

Gstang117
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I want to also thank you guys for the suggestions and help. I am glad to be a part of this forum and hope to be here for a long time.

mad max
07-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Glad it got worked out . We all say things we dont mean .

beefcake
07-03-2011, 11:40 PM
glad it worked out

DSSKing68
07-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Trust me..you did the right thing. Good advice from Alan and everyone. Family is really all you have in this world. Hold them close!