PDA

View Full Version : Ohio CCW Traffic Stop Gone Wrong

TZ250
07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Everyone,
This is an important video to watch. The real action starts at 7:00, but the beginning is signifant to the story.

http://ohioccw.org/201107214955/cantonpd.html :mad: :mad: :mad:

ibstrokin
07-21-2011, 06:34 PM
That's a scary situation. I think it's time that officer found another line of work.

DSSKing68
07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
F*cking pig *sshole....typical.

Who cares why he was there....being somewhere is not against the law. And exactly what "probable cause" did they have to search his vehicle in the first place???

flyin2jz
07-21-2011, 09:13 PM
typical high school football player that cant give up being the man. So he becomes a cop so he can feel in control. There is no way he still has his job after this.

mad max
07-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I have many friends who are police officers and i would be interested to see how they would interpt these chain of events . I dont think the police officer was right in his actions in any way. He should have secured the scene when they first arrived . We all have bad days at work and in this instance somebody could have been killed. He has no right to bad mouth the guy , he made the mistake in my opinion.

Dirtyd0g
07-21-2011, 10:08 PM
A great example of how officer low life and officer worthless make all police look bad when in fact most are not like that. I would like to know what happens with them, neither deserve a job doing anything but flipping burgers and they shoudl not have the rights to own a firearm after those threats. Somebody needs to put lumps on them.
Alan

may93
07-21-2011, 10:32 PM
This would be a good training video for those getting their CCW and for Police officers as well. The driver was a idiot and shouldnt be allowed to carry a gun. The Police Officers comments after the fact were definitely unprofessional. If your going to ask a guy a question then let him answer before telling him to shut-up. The fact he has a gun might be important information.

Black92LX
07-21-2011, 11:27 PM
F*cking pig *sshole....typical.

Who cares why he was there....being somewhere is not against the law. And exactly what "probable cause" did they have to search his vehicle in the first place???

No this is not typical by any means. If you ask me someone should no longer have a job.

Moody
07-21-2011, 11:28 PM
i dont see how the driver was an idiot. most people screw up basic speech half the time dealing with cops and this guy being an overbearing asshole didnt help. i can see this being a good training tool of what not to do. i would have had the partner take control of the woman and random dude then get the drivers info then went on to see what they all were up to. but as always communication is key and there was a lack of it.

Dirtyd0g
07-21-2011, 11:47 PM
What are you going to do, when an officer tells you to shut up what is the right thing to do. I think the officer making all the trouble is a tool and the other one should have been calling his commanding officer to get assistance in dealing with him. I know nobody likes a tattle tale but when lives are at stake who cares. UT will probably make the moron a job offer after watching this video.
Alan

Moody
07-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I wonder if this officer got his job due to lowering the exam scores......if so then this make since because he did everything wrong

may93
07-22-2011, 01:11 AM
i dont see how the driver was an idiot. most people screw up basic speech half the time dealing with cops and this guy being an overbearing asshole didnt help. i can see this being a good training tool of what not to do. i would have had the partner take control of the woman and random dude then get the drivers info then went on to see what they all were up to. but as always communication is key and there was a lack of it.

By being an idiot meaning if you get pulled over and especially at night the first thing you should say direct and clearly is, "I have a CCW and a gun on my person". The man was probably nervous which is understandable but carrying that weapon takes on responsibility that’s not for the timid. Even so I don’t think the individual in the video represents the average CCW person anymore then the Police officer represents the average Law Enforcement officer. Once the officer secured the gun it should have ended there but instead it's what’s heard on recording afterwards that is most disturbing.

Dirtyd0g
07-22-2011, 01:58 AM
I thought the officers attitude from the very beginning was just wrong and not how a police officer should be have. Unfortunately I have been treated that way by boone county kentucky,Union township,Cincinnati, Batavia and Owensville on numerous occasions. I had an Owensville officer pull me over for a license plate light out that wasn't even out, refuse to let me see it and then get out of his car, slide across the hood and pull his sidearm on me, after he got in his car to leave just because I went to check the light he claimed was out.
Oddly enoguh everyone rags on highway patrol and sheriff's department and they have always treated me respectfully. Sure they gave me a ticket but they didn't get obnoxious.
Alan

Moody
07-22-2011, 02:00 AM
He was told to shut up multiple times and the cop was being a douche. myself and other cop buddy's say the he is going to have a hard time getting a security job. But its whatever I only have military experience not civilian so I can only go with the laws I know. I just hope the driver gets cleared from those charges.

draggin50
07-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Holy shit, thats crazy! Thats all I can say!

Dirtyd0g
07-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Because how high profile this has become he is going to have trouble getting many jobs.... I am thinking we should all email the president to ask him to make an example of this guy. I say that because it woudl have a president who is for gun control making progress to make it right. We could give him the false hope of having a chance at being reelected, and this guy would get what he deserves.
Alan

2Fast4You
07-22-2011, 08:33 AM
This was handled incorrectly from the get go.

firestang70
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
The driver was not in the wrong. He was polite and followed the officers commands. He tried to inform them immediately when the second officer was in the back seat and told to shut up. He tried to inform the first officer as soon as he made contact with him. He kept his hands on the steering wheel. That officer may have had a bad day but what he did was WRONG. I hope the driver is cleared of any charges and receives an official apology from the tough guy. Maybe the driver will end up being his supervisor at one of the sweeper companies??? Karma....

Blackballed
07-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Depending on who sees this video he would be lucky to get hired at taco bell. Fucking asshole.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2011, 09:29 AM
OK, granted the scene they roll up on is suspiscious, two guys pulled over in unlit area talking to a woman outside the car after dark.

"Officer Prim Dona Gungho Stud Muffin" elevates risk of injury from the persons being pulled over with his iron fist approach to beign with.

I find it interesting that it seems in so many of the cases where this happens the cop is some 48+" chest, 25" bicep, square chin, large forehead, cromagnon looking, neanderthal bullie, Fife type looking to push people around with his self ordained dictatorship authoritative approach. I FREAKING HATE BULLIES IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES. I HOPE THIS GUY HAS TO WORK 3 SECURITY MALL JOBS TO PAY HIS BILLS FOR THE REST OF HIS NATURAL BORN YEARS!

There is a time and a place to elevate one's authority (ie eluding, failure to stop, resisting arrest, verbal or physical threats, endangerment, etc.), but during a routine solicitation or possible trafficking stop in which everyine is being respctful AND you have a partner to back you up? I think not. No one tried to run, no one was rude, no one was evasive. It is my opinion that this guy was looking to prick out on these three and when they responded respectfully he got even more irate in his approach to the situation because he was not getting the response he was trying to invoke.

With respect to having a bad day excuse - The prick should have had sense enough to call off OR discussed other arrangements with his shift leader if he was having a "BAD DAY". The "HAVING A BAD DAY" excuse doesn't fly in the world of customer service therefore assuredly has no place in the police force environment. Being human is fine, we all have bad days, but knowing when to call off duty on a day like this is part of being a "responsible servant to the community". If you are having to call off to often because of a BAD DAY, then its time to find another profession.

SVT Fan
07-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I thought the officers attitude from the very beginning was just wrong and not how a police officer should be have. Unfortunately I have been treated that way by boone county kentucky,Union township,Cincinnati, Batavia and Owensville on numerous occasions. I had an Owensville officer pull me over for a license plate light out that wasn't even out, refuse to let me see it and then get out of his car, slide across the hood and pull his sidearm on me, after he got in his car to leave just because I went to check the light he claimed was out.
Oddly enoguh everyone rags on highway patrol and sheriff's department and they have always treated me respectfully. Sure they gave me a ticket but they didn't get obnoxious.
Alan

I had the same damn thing happen with Owensville....to the tee!

Black92LX
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Here is a video of how it usually goes.
http://www.break.com/index/one-good-cop-2086255#

Like everything else there is not much of a reason to post videos of people doing their job properly except to remind people of how it usually goes since the media and the like run one positive story for every nine negative. Though that does not equate to the ratio of good encounters vs. The bad.

Kind of like the airline business, every crash gets televised but in reality there are thousands upon thousands of flights a day.

cobrajoe
07-23-2011, 01:11 PM
By being an idiot meaning if you get pulled over and especially at night the first thing you should say direct and clearly is, "I have a CCW and a gun on my person". The man was probably nervous which is understandable but carrying that weapon takes on responsibility that’s not for the timid. Even so I don’t think the individual in the video represents the average CCW person anymore then the Police officer represents the average Law Enforcement officer. Once the officer secured the gun it should have ended there but instead it's what’s heard on recording afterwards that is most disturbing.

Was you watching the same video the rest of us was? What part did you miss? The part the officer didn't go up to the driver for almost 5min. or the multiple times he was basically told to SHUT THE FUCK UP! Lmao.

Dirtyd0g
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM
I had the same damn thing happen with Owensville....to the tee!

I talked to Chief about it and he took care of it. When it happened I couldn't help but die laughing at which point I noticed 10 people on their porch watching so I put my arms straight up in the air walked straight at him and told him he was a psycho.
Alan

phatford
07-23-2011, 06:24 PM
wow . I have my CCW and if this happened to me I would be in court getting this cop to pay. he is abusing his power.

"I should have taken two steps back, pulled out my glock 40, and put 10 rounds in your ass"

what an ass hole

but in all honesty the driver should have yelled "I have CCW and I am armed" if thats what it took for the officer to hear him when he was messin with jerry.

RIXXX93GT
07-23-2011, 11:01 PM
I thought it was insane to see the partner rummaging around the back seat with the driver still in the car and not secured, searched etc. You do that with a criminal and you may not make it home to your family.

cobrajoe
07-24-2011, 01:49 AM
wow . I have my CCW and if this happened to me I would be in court getting this cop to pay. he is abusing his power.

"I should have taken two steps back, pulled out my glock 40, and put 10 rounds in your ass"

what an ass hole

but in all honesty the driver should have yelled "I have CCW and I am armed" if thats what it took for the officer to hear him when he was messin with jerry.

Are you kidding me? He was doing what he was told and on more than one occasion was told to "Shut the Hell up and don't move" It's not the citizens fault you have a fucktard ass of a cop not doing his job right! Personnaly if it was me and the attitude he had when he told me to "shut the FUCK up" I would have told him "FUCK you I'm trying to tell you I have a CCW and I'm armed!" He's the reason GOOD cops get shot!

Dirtyd0g
07-24-2011, 02:07 AM
There is no right way to handle a person in charge who is just wrong. No matter what you do someone will say you should have done something else. In a perfect world he should have got out of the car grabbed the dumb cop by the hair and plowed his head into the side of the car until his car was red.
Bad cops make good people do bad things. Bad people make good cops do bad things, politicians are just hopeless, but we vote anyway. despite the fact there is never a good choice to make, just a choice that isn't as bad as the other in our individual opinions.
Alan

Pops Fun
07-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Here is a video of how it usually goes.
http://www.break.com/index/one-good-cop-2086255#

Like everything else there is not much of a reason to post videos of people doing their job properly except to remind people of how it usually goes since the media and the like run one positive story for every nine negative. Though that does not equate to the ratio of good encounters vs. The bad.

Kind of like the airline business, every crash gets televised but in reality there are thousands upon thousands of flights a day.

You are right my friend..... For every bad encounter there are hundreds probably thousands that are good....

Pops Fun
07-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Just let me say ... if you are upset by this SEND MONEY... I did!!!

93mustang
07-24-2011, 10:33 AM
That cop is piece of shit. He has no clue how to do his job, because if he did he would have ran the plates on the car before he jumped out like billy badass. next he would have secured the driver first, then the female and male passenger. At the point billy approaches the driver, i am almost positive, the driver would have told him about the gun and his ccw. That cop is just a fuck nut. Gets in the back seat with someone in the car still, rookie move dickhead. Thats how idiots get their heads blown off. The gentleman driving the stopped car was more than polite and had no reason to be treated how he was. I hope those two cops never get a job again.

DSSKing68
07-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I am still curious as to what reason that had to search the vehicle without consent??

RIXXX93GT
07-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Please keep us up to date on any further outcome from this video. The second video was very informative also.

Mista Bone
07-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Officer Harless has been suspended, but is currently being paid through sick leave. Harless will face a disciplinary hearing and could face termination,

about the driver......

This idiot is my ex husband and believe me...he is stupid enough to enrage mother teresa. I might also add, he has always been looking for easy money. I pray this is not his ticket. If gun activists want a poster boy...this guy is not it. He is also an "ordained minister", but I doubt highly he was out evangelizing at 1:30 am in the Newton zone.

bahaha

DNTRYIT
07-24-2011, 05:09 PM
That video is crazy keep us up to date on this

ibstrokin
07-24-2011, 06:39 PM
about the driver......

bahaha

Where is that info from? Do you have a source for us to follow any updates?

black90lx
07-24-2011, 09:02 PM

the cop would have known he had his ccw if he would have did his job and ran his plates or talked to the driver immediatly.

Mista Bone
07-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Where is that info from? Do you have a source for us to follow any updates?

it was from a TV stations website I found by Google...

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/akron_canton_news/driver-feels-like-a-victim-after-encounter-with-canton-police-officer

Black92LX
07-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I am still curious as to what reason that had to search the vehicle without consent??

From the looks of it granted the dash cam limits what all can be seen. But it looks to be more of a Terry Frisk of the vehicle. From what the video shows there is a subject standing at the rear passenger window and a subject in the back passenger seat. (This is a very common occurrence in many drug transactions or prostitution encounters) If you watch as officers approach the subject in the rear of the seat seems to be rocking his body to the left the light is shined in the car he turns around and then starts doing it again. Which could be seen as furtive movements in hiding weapons. Weapons are generally expected to be dealt with in narcotics and prostitution. So I see nothing wrong with Terry Frisking the vehicle.
Once the back passenger is removed the officer only checks the back seat. He appears to be checking the seat line. On a side note that is no way to have your body positioned in a car with someone still in it and two subjects outside behind you.

But if it were a search you would see seat cushions being moved stuff being placed on the back shelf and then he would proceed onto the front of the vehicle as well. That's why it seems more like a Terry Frisk to me which would be perfectly legal in this instance. Again I am only going on what the dashcam shows.

Looks like the officer has been relieved of duty. A very good thing as not only is that guy a danger to the public but his partners.
I wonder how many fights have been started or escalated by his attitude.

may93
07-25-2011, 06:41 PM
From the looks of it granted the dash cam limits what all can be seen. But it looks to be more of a Terry Frisk of the vehicle. From what the video shows there is a subject standing at the rear passenger window and a subject in the back passenger seat. (This is a very common occurrence in many drug transactions or prostitution encounters) If you watch as officers approach the subject in the rear of the seat seems to be rocking his body to the left the light is shined in the car he turns around and then starts doing it again. Which could be seen as furtive movements in hiding weapons. Weapons are generally expected to be dealt with in narcotics and prostitution. So I see nothing wrong with Terry Frisking the vehicle.
Once the back passenger is removed the officer only checks the back seat. He appears to be checking the seat line. On a side note that is no way to have your body positioned in a car with someone still in it and two subjects outside behind you.

But if it were a search you would see seat cushions being moved stuff being placed on the back shelf and then he would proceed onto the front of the vehicle as well. That's why it seems more like a Terry Frisk to me which would be perfectly legal in this instance. Again I am only going on what the dashcam shows.

Looks like the officer has been relieved of duty. A very good thing as not only is that guy a danger to the public but his partners.
I wonder how many fights have been started or escalated by his attitude.

I knew that a Terry stop is lawful when the officer suspects that a person may be armed or have contraband on them. I think this is the first time I've heard it applied to a vehicle. I can understand your reasoning for the frisk as the person in the back did seem suspicious. I would have thought it would fall more under reasonable suspicion or probable cause based off the individual appearing to trying to hide something. Not trying to argue just curious how the officer would explain why he was in the vehicle. I did notice after the 2nd time watching the video that the officer told his partner he had saw a bulge in reference to the weapon but in fact the driver told him he had the weapon first. Good example of how the video also protects the public.

Mista Bone
07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
http://www.cantonrep.com/opinion/editorials/x1054485132/Video-will-keep-police-incident-alive

ibstrokin
07-26-2011, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the link.

foxbody
07-26-2011, 09:43 AM
this whole situation is crazy to me. kinda makes me think twice about carrying. i guess a prick cop is the risk you run though. imo, its not worth carrying and getting blasted by a trigger happy cop who thinks he has a right to do whatever he sees fit bc he has a badge. he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us. cops should see it that ccw holders are on the same team. there are educational classes and background checks before you can get a permit for a reason. not saying that after you get a ccw permit that you couldnt go rogue and involve yourself in criminal activity. anything is possible in this world. and im sure that it has happened somewhere. now im not saying i will not carry due to this encounter, but it does make you think what if that was me and i announced that i was carrying and got drawn down on. and possibly injured. or killed. or follow directions and just take the verbal beating from the cop and do what you think keeps you safe and end up in a situation like on the video. i think it is kinda odd what this guys intentions are wherever he is at whatever hour of the night it is, but in the end i believe the officer didnt do what he was supposed to do, that took a ccw newbie who was probably scared anyways with his first law enforcement encounter as a permit holder, that took a shady situation and escalated it to what very well could have been a horrible or deadly situation. and if the officer doesnt conduct himself correctly how can the citizen? isnt there a protocol for a stop for a reason? in my experience it seems that most cops are less informed of laws than the citizen. not a broad assumption that im making, just in my experience. whether it be ccw or traffic laws. i have seen it.

Black92LX
07-26-2011, 10:15 AM
I knew that a Terry stop is lawful when the officer suspects that a person may be armed or have contraband on them. I think this is the first time I've heard it applied to a vehicle. I can understand your reasoning for the frisk as the person in the back did seem suspicious. I would have thought it would fall more under reasonable suspicion or probable cause based off the individual appearing to trying to hide something. Not trying to argue just curious how the officer would explain why he was in the vehicle. I did notice after the 2nd time watching the video that the officer told his partner he had saw a bulge in reference to the weapon but in fact the driver told him he had the weapon first. Good example of how the video also protects the public.

A Terry Frisk of a vehicle falls under the same stipulations as the Terry Frisk of a Person does. Reasonable suspicion a crime is being committed, about to be committed, or is being committed, and the reasonable suspicion that the subjects might be armed.
Again based upon the video (granted limited view) I am going to presume they are in a high crime area late at night, hence them patrolling blacked out.
As destined in my past post a subject outside the rear passenger window, someone in the rear passenger seat, looks to be no one in the front passenger seat.
This is the prime setup for a narcotics transaction or a prostitution encounter.
Both of which have a good chance of weapons being involved. On top of that the subject in the backseat keeps tucking to the left.
The vehicle is in play so a Terry Frisk of the subjects and vehicle are fine by what I see.

cobrajoe
07-26-2011, 05:55 PM
A Terry Frisk of a vehicle falls under the same stipulations as the Terry Frisk of a Person does. Reasonable suspicion a crime is being committed, about to be committed, or is being committed, and the reasonable suspicion that the subjects might be armed.
Again based upon the video (granted limited view) I am going to presume they are in a high crime area late at night, hence them patrolling blacked out.
As destined in my past post a subject outside the rear passenger window, someone in the rear passenger seat, looks to be no one in the front passenger seat.
This is the prime setup for a narcotics transaction or a prostitution encounter.
Both of which have a good chance of weapons being involved. On top of that the subject in the backseat keeps tucking to the left.
The vehicle is in play so a Terry Frisk of the subjects and vehicle are fine by what I see.
Still a waste of a badge! If i ran into the roid raging lunatic i would "take two steps back pull my Para.45 and put ten in him and watch him drop!" What a fucking joke!

Black92LX
07-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Still a waste of a badge! If i ran into the roid raging lunatic i would "take two steps back pull my Para.45 and put ten in him and watch him drop!" What a fucking joke!

No you wouldn't and you sound just as ignorant as the officer does with your comment.

But anyway I agree he need not have a badge and hope he looses his job over this. I was just answering someone else's question about the legality of the search of the vehicle. Explaining it appears to be a Terry Frisk.

cobrajoe
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM
No you wouldn't and you sound just as ignorant as the officer does with your comment.

But anyway I agree he need not have a badge and hope he looses his job over this. I was just answering someone else's question about the legality of the search of the vehicle. Explaining it appears to be a Terry Frisk.

First off I was referring to his completely fucked up statement that he said to the driver, Did you miss the reference or the sarcasm ??? :lol::cool2:

Black92LX
07-26-2011, 08:31 PM
First off I was referring to his completely fucked up statement that he said to the driver, Did you miss the reference or the sarcasm ??? :lol::cool2:

I guess I missed them both sorry. He had some many out of line comments it did nit stand out.
Sorry.

dawsin94cobra
07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
wow i cant even explain how wrong that is..

Mista Bone
07-27-2011, 12:12 AM
a MUST listen......

http://youtu.be/vBfpBxY2J00

k062693w
07-27-2011, 12:42 AM
a MUST listen......

http://youtu.be/vBfpBxY2J00

Why is it a MUST listen ??? Some "Politician" trying to change the focus from the POS Officer to the gun laws ... Typical Politician move ... I'd bet BIG $$$ that if Mr. Councilman's friend or relative on the receiving end of Officer Roid's tantrum he would be singing a different tune ... And personally I think his Partner should receive the same punishment (if there is any) as the A$$ Officer ...

JMO

duststang
07-27-2011, 07:13 AM
this is crazy! I would say that the guy is a idiot. who has someone they dont know in the back of their car and a hooker on the street late at night (probably up to no good). I can see why the cop is mad but if he would have talked to the driver and removed everyone from car before searching they would have been notified. It should frighten people that their are cops that think of people and act like this. I know they deal with a lot idiots but seriously! with his rage it would only be a matter of time before he snaps and beats the crap out of someone. just my thoughts!

ibstrokin
07-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Generally, if you can pass the background check required to receive a ccw, then your probably a pretty good citizen. He talks about having a gun in a bad neighborhood like it's a bad thing, but that's where it's needed. He's just a politician, pushing his agenda.

mad max
07-27-2011, 09:06 AM
One thing i didnt see mr. councilman saying - Where are his statistics showing the ccw holders have unlawful broken the law ? If all this stuff that he's says is happening there must be reports and statistics of it. Another politician trying to get re-elected.

Timido
07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
The Guy with the ccw should have keep his mouth shut and asked for a lawyer after he was cuffed. There is no need to offer up any information after you are hooked up. I would probably have yelled over he officer to make things clear. That officer was a wack jib but the ccw was very quiet about making it known.

Dirtyd0g
07-27-2011, 12:30 PM
The Guy with the ccw should have keep his mouth shut and asked for a lawyer after he was cuffed. There is no need to offer up any information after you are hooked up. I would probably have yelled over he officer to make things clear. That officer was a wack jib but the ccw was very quiet about making it known.

I agree with that, I was thinking while watching it...When is he just going to shut up.
Alan

Pops Fun
07-27-2011, 01:19 PM

Could be he didn't want to make things worst..... who knows what might have happened..

Timido
07-28-2011, 06:51 AM
That's true that cop was a piece of work

blown96cobra
07-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Wow is all i can say. That dude has no business carrying a badge or a gun!

Black92LX
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I think the guy just has a true phobia of firearms. Trust me I have a very good grasp of the potential danger the pose to officers and the public but this guy is out of control.

Here is another example from the same officer.
Over the line he needs to be fired before he costs someone their life and the city a whole lot of money.
http://m.cantonrep.com/repository/pm_29533/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=gKM0gzd1

superstangOH
07-28-2011, 08:41 PM
I have many friends who are police officers and i would be interested to see how they would interpt these chain of events . I dont think the police officer was right in his actions in any way. He should have secured the scene when they first arrived . We all have bad days at work and in this instance somebody could have been killed. He has no right to bad mouth the guy , he made the mistake in my opinion.

Made a mistake? That is put very lightly. This cop should have his ass beat down. If i was the guy in the video i would sue the phuck out of this pig. Cops have no respect for anyone other than there selves and fellow officers. They serve no purpose other than writeing tickets.

TZ250
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
More death threats from Officer Harless have surfaced. Apparently, he has a long track record of this type of behavior.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x2014919089/Video-Officer-Harless-loses-his-temper-on-another-arrest

RIXXX93GT
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Made a mistake? That is put very lightly. This cop should have his ass beat down. If i was the guy in the video i would sue the phuck out of this pig. Cops have no respect for anyone other than there selves and fellow officers. They serve no purpose other than writeing tickets.

Thats an extremely immature statement. I wonder if you would have the same thing to say after an LEO saved you or someone in your families life? What happened in the video was way wrong but your view on police officers in general is just moronic. Make sure when you or your family are in an emergency to skip calling the police cause there only good for writing tickets.

TZ250
07-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I do not see a way to edit my previous post.

I meant to mention that the second video is a very different situation. This time, the guy in the car did not have a CCW license. I can see why this stop should be different than the CCW stop, but I do not see why death threats are necessary.

may93
07-29-2011, 12:10 AM
I could be wrong but it looked like he has the same partner in both videos. If so his partner needs to be fired also. It's understandable that one covers their partners back but in the end this video will cause damage to entire Police Departments all over based off this one officer actions. That much more reason to identify and fire these individuals instead of protecting them because their fellow officers. The City will pay damages in the end and the fact they haven’t dropped charges against the driver just compounds the insult felt by the public. By knowing the officer was a problem and not correcting it or firing him makes them liable for his actions.

Dirtyd0g
07-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Classifying anyone strictly based on anything such as thier job, a license they have, skin color, car type they drive etc..is just wrong.
I have had plenty of encounters with officers that are not good people, I know 2 officers or ex officer who I consider to be some of the finest human beings I know. I also had several encounters with Tim Theiman who is the worst legal criminal I have ever met. He doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us. Any statement classifying a person by anything of that sort without lookign at that persons record is just plain ignorant.
Alan

cobrajoe
07-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Anyone who has a problem with CCW should remember when your or your loved ones lives on on the line and seconds count the police are just minutes away. JMO.

chris91
07-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Ohhh Tim Theiman, dont even get me started on him. He would sit hiding while HS let out and sure enough would pop at least one or two of us coming down the hill from the school. Gave my buddy a wreckless op ticket for kicking up gravel in one of our buddies driveway. His parents were outside laughing at him doing it too. Had to fight that in court but he won. The Judge basically laughed it off and dismissed the case. I havent met one Batavia cop worth a fuck. I was parked right in front of the dollar store with my car running while my wife ran inside to grab a bag of chips, he doesnt ask me to move just starts writing a ticket. Then tries giving me a ticket for window tint when I didnt even have tint on my front windows at all. Took them to court and the Judge shook his head and told me to get outta there.

superstangOH
07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
I did not say anything about emergency response people Firemen,emt,paremedic etc.I have total respect for those people. They save lives and put there lives at risk to help others. Cops don't do anything when you having a issue anyway. My neighbor got there car broken into last week and the police told them to go online and file a report that it would be quicker than him doing anything. Like I said they are only good for writing tickets nothing more.

heyitsmepugsley
07-30-2011, 07:02 PM
fucking pig.

Rustanggt98
07-30-2011, 11:33 PM
ahhhhh Thiemann :lol:

he once pulled me over for loud exhaust and tried telling me that my Roush side pipes were illegal because they didn't come within 12 inches of the rear end. When i explained to him that they were a factory installed part and that they were perfectly legal, he then proceeded to tell me that the front plate i had slid up in the dash was dangerous, and that he had seen "plenty of times where people were decapitated" by the front plate flying back in a collision.

:popcorn: thanks for the warning officer.

Timido
07-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I think there are good people and then there are shitbags. It goes with everyone. There are good hard working police that are trying to make a difference. There are power hungery shitbags also. I have a great amount of respect for the ones that are trying to make a difference.

beefcake
08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
heres the full vid of the stop for those interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exsa8vcXvIg

firestang70
08-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Did someone say Thieman :lol:. What a disgrace to LEOs everywhere.

2-8-1
08-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I wonder if you would have the same thing to say after an LEO saved you or someone in your families life?

Police have no duty to protect you any further than the law states. It is not their responsibility for your, or your families safety. It is thier responsibility to uphold the law. No lectures, no threats, no abuse. Personal safety is the duty of the person, not the policeman.

With that being said, I have not once had a bad encounter while carrying. In fact, every single officer I have informed that I was carrying, acted VERY relaxed after I told them I was carrying, one even had a discussion with me about my XD45 and how I liked it compared to other weapons in it's general class. The officer in the Video, among other things, needs his ass beat. A good one, that will stay in his memory a while. He needs a new job, and he does not need or deserve to ever own a firearm of any type. Hell, I wouldn't give that lowlife peice of shit a water gun.

With that said. I have many friends that are LEOs in my town, and other towns around Kentucky. I have no problems with any of them. I'm not saying I haven't butted heads with a Officer along the way, but they are just people, some are good people, some just need a good ass kicking.

chris91
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM

My wife worked with his wife and she was told that he is a Security Guard because no one will hire his ass anymore!! :lol: This was back in 08 though so who knows if he suckered some department to give him another chance. I also heard he was fired for a sexual related reason. Not sure if that one is true or not though, who'd want anything to do with that fat, ugly old asshole? lmao

SCHMUCKINGHAM
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
From what I read on the Ohio CCW forum he is on "sick" leave as of this incident

jlt2006
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
"mental" is "sick"

He will probably milk it for every bit he can get.

Dirtyd0g
08-02-2011, 01:09 PM
With that being said, I have not once had a bad encounter while carrying. In fact, every single officer I have informed that I was carrying, acted VERY relaxed after I told them I was carrying, one even had a discussion with me about my XD45 and how I liked it compared to other weapons in it's general class. The officer in the Video, among other things, needs his ass beat. A good one, that will stay in his memory a while. He needs a new job, and he does not need or deserve to ever own a firearm of any type. Hell, I wouldn't give that lowlife peice of shit a water gun.

I had a similar incident when I first moved into this house. I set up a target and went shooting. The neighbors called the police they showed up. Said there had been a complaint of noise or something. Looked at what I was shooting and said that is not a problem someone needs to inform them they can legally fire guns in this area. Then stood around for about 20 minutes shooting with us.
Alan

Stang88
08-03-2011, 01:32 AM
I initially saw the video on an Ohio CCW forum. This officer was completely out ot line. Granted, the first thing that permit holder should have done was inform the officer that he was a concealed carry licensee, and he was carrying. Remember, he WAS the driver of the vehicle. The licensee however, was extremely patient and compliant, even though he didn't inform the officer for 5+ minutes after the traffic stop occured. I do understand officer safety is paramount and they should have known sooner that a firearm was in the vehicle. The officer could have handled the stop better right off the bat by asking everyone to step out of the vehicle. He could have asked if there were any weapons in the vehicle. I think he was more upset with the fact that he himself didn't ask the right questions initially. Even the driver had a hooker in his car, he was licensed to carry, and he still should not have been treated that way from the officer. The other officer who stood there and didn't confront the "stud muffin square jaw" should lose his job as well for not being assertive and telling him to take it easy, and cool off. Both officers and parties were wrong in this instance.

DocG2828
08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Good thread. I have only had my CCW for about 6 months now and have not had to announce it yet. I appreciate any and all information that will help me learn to be a more responsible gun carrying citizen.

I'm a bit torn. I certainly agree these officers were dicks and proceeded very poorly from the first moment. They cuffed the other guy but never bothered to remove the driver or even secure the driver. I think the cops realized their mistake once they learned the driver had a weapon and how poorly that could have turned out for the cops. If the driver were a criminal, he easily could have shot and killed both cops before they had a chance to even yell "oh shit."

On the flip side, as a CCW guy, I do wonder if I would have been a a bit more vocal in getting my point across. Sure I agree that when a cop tells you to shut up its safest for you to follow their instructions. Having a weapon though, I'd be having a conflict in my head about that instruction.

Not sure what I would do until I was in that situation, but I appreciate this thread in that it has made me think about it at least.

I hope it has done the same for all the other CCW people and we need to continue the tradition of us being responsible gun owners.

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Need to make a card and put it on the drivers door when pulled over that reads something like.
I am a law abiding licensed concealed carry permit holder and chances are I am in possesion of a firearm. If my hands are firmly on the steering wheel you can be sure of it. If you ask me I will hand over my firearm for inspection and show my permit. If you treat me respectfully I will answer any reasonable questions you may ask and treat you with equal respect despite the reason you have pulled me over. If you treat me with disrespect I will plead the fifth and refuse to speak. I will not resist if you choose to arrest me. I do not consent to any search of my vehicle and will gladly turn over any weapons in my possesion. If you suspect probable cause I request that you retain me and wait for your commanding officer to arrive on scene.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
08-03-2011, 04:02 PM
Honestly the cop over reacted, and the driver did as instructed by the other officer to "stay quiet" but the driver should have just said he was carrying lawfully when the car was inspected even though he was told to stay quiet. There are soo many things wrong with this stop on both sides of the story

SCHMUCKINGHAM
08-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Need to make a card and put it on the drivers door when pulled over that reads something like.
I am a law abiding licensed concealed carry permit holder and chances are I am in possesion of a firearm. If my hands are firmly on the steering wheel you can be sure of it. If you ask me I will hand over my firearm for inspection and show my permit. If you treat me respectfully I will answer any reasonable questions you may ask and treat you with equal respect despite the reason you have pulled me over. If you treat me with disrespect I will plead the fifth and refuse to speak. I will not resist if you choose to arrest me. I do not consent to any search of my vehicle and will gladly turn over any weapons in my possesion. If you suspect probable cause I request that you retain me and wait for your commanding officer to arrive on scene.

Problem is, if your not carrying you do not have to ID yourself as a permit holder. I would say that some kind of sticker may or may not diffuse some over zealous officer.

Dirtyd0g
08-03-2011, 05:14 PM
That is why I said a card just stick it in the window felt and leave the window up a touch.
Alan

Stang88
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Or, for instance, your ccw license number will immediately come up as they run your plate. That would be great if it was flagged that way. That way they would know you "may" be carrying. You cannot have any felonies if you are carrying a ccw legally. It would be great if the the different agencies communicated this way.

Pops Fun
08-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi
The problem is the officer tells him to shut up... Is that a lawful order??? ... I'd say so.. You have to obey lawful orders!!!! So what do you do......

Mista Bone
08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
I find a NRA sticker on the back window helps.

Off: evening sir, I pulled you over for ....., do you have any weapons in the car?
Me: no sir, I don't have a permit yet.
Off: Well, I hope you choose to soon, have a nice day.

thecollector
08-04-2011, 01:36 AM
Listen to the last few seconds of the first video. The Male occupant's name came back bogus from the dispatcher after the officer told him and the female to leave the scene.
He chose to arrest a law abiding citizen because he has a hard on for anyone else with a firearm, and send away someone who was obviously providing a false identity. Both officers are lucky the driver was a CCW holding citizen and not one of the pimp's flunkies or that footage could have looked like the Keyhoe brothers shootout- with more shells.

Not only did he arrest a law abiding citizen he in all likely hood made a wanted person leave the scene before completing any investigation.

That guy couldn't write a parking ticket while being proffessional.

CNTLOSE
08-04-2011, 06:00 PM
Or, for instance, your ccw license number will immediately come up as they run your plate. That would be great if it was flagged that way. That way they would know you "may" be carrying. You cannot have any felonies if you are carrying a ccw legally. It would be great if the the different agencies communicated this way.

It does...pending you are the registered owner.

Pops Fun
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
The officer has been fired... the union will fight it of course... will he be reinstated ?? or pensioned off!!

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x63833930 ... lice-force (http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x638339306/Daniel-Harless-fired-from-Canton-police-force)

BIZLE
01-13-2012, 03:36 PM

Yea hes a real shit bag
he tried to buy a car from me 10 years at a lot i ran
we pulled he his credit and wow needless to say he didnt get what he came for lol
last i heard he was a rent a cop at red barn flea market

may93
01-14-2012, 10:08 PM
The officer has been fired... the union will fight it of course... will he be reinstated ?? or pensioned off!!

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x63833930 ... lice-force (http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x638339306/Daniel-Harless-fired-from-Canton-police-force)

The Union is claiming PTSD so he will probably get his pension. It's all a game and one more reason I have no respect for Unions. When you start lying to cover your ass it's because you know your wrong! The Police officer is a embarrassement to all who wear the uniform and the union and others who supports him are no better.

beefcake
01-14-2012, 10:10 PM
ptsd, lmao

graysonracin
01-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Unfortunately thats the typical police officer out there, on a power trip cause they think they cant be touched. I havent had any runs ins with the law and i hope i dont because of officers like him. It seems to me he needed the clip emptied on him for thinking he is invinsible because he has a badge and a gun and starts all of his questioning with shut up and all the other proper techniques he was using. Its cops like those that if they got killed nobody should lose any sleep over it because they are f**cking stupid. Sorry i know there are good officers that acutally protect and serve their community and i wish them all the protection in the world from harm. But cops like that really get to me, ask questions and then you have no chance to answer, regardless of the other 2 people involved the citizen was treated unfairly.

JET50213
01-15-2012, 08:57 AM
Please do not use the word "typical" when talking about this asshat EX-officer. He probably would have been okay until his reaction to the concealed carry driver. The number of officers like this are a very small percentage, and they almost always get what is coming to them.
I would say he rolled up on some good criminal activity and probably would have had a great bust, had he handled it properly. The driver probably would have lost his permit after being linked with the prostitute and the criminal in the back seat. Remember, God is watching!!