PDA

View Full Version : Another CL Jerk around!!!

INSANEBA
07-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok, so i'm selling the old frame from my busa, to offset the cost of the new motor I had to throw in it 2 weeks ago, and to pay for the second dyno tune this year because of it. Anyways, this asshat starts txt'ing me non stop about it. He haggles the price down as low as I will go, then calls me to verify everything. We dick around for 5 days on meeting up to move this thing. On day #6, we are supposed to meet off of I75 at a shell station. That was yesterday afternoon, right after I got off of work. So I load this thing in the hatch of my stang on my way to work, drive on in. After work I go straight to the shell where he is supposed to be waiting, and not there. So I txt him asking where he is, and he says he's in traffic, but he's hurrying(coming from Dayton). I say ok, and figure he must be around troy, so it's gonna be a few mins yet. So after an hour of sitting there like an idiot waiting on this douchebag, I txt to see whats up. I had a gal at the shop waiting for me to lower her bike for her. I get a txt saying "This is his girlfriend. he got rearended, and they are taking him to the hospital. He wanted me to txt you". So that tells me he was either bs'ing me the whole time, or had jut been leaving Dayton at that time at which I woulda left anyways. So if anyone of you guys get a txt or call from a guy with the number of 937-580-5580, jerk him around and make him play hell for nothing just to even out the playing field for a brotha!:bigthumb I told them to lose my number, the frame wasnt for sale to him anymore, along with a few more choice words...

Gstang117
07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
I love the people that call or text you at 2 A.M. wanting to know what the lowest you'll go is after directly saying DO NOT ASK HOW LOW I WILL GO, MAKE AN OFFER WE WILL GO FROM THERE. I usually tell them a dollar less.
But the best I've ever seen is my dad's wagoneer. Had a guy trying to buy a fender off it after my dad said he would not part it out. The guy wanted to know how much it would be, and my father replied back with the price of the wagoneer. The man hung up.

cstreu1026
07-28-2011, 10:37 AM
When I got rid of my SRT4 I had a brand new set of snow tires for it that I didn't need. I posted them on CL and had a guy contact me about them. He said that they weren't the exact size he needed but he would give me almost half of what I was asking which was already $100 less than what you could buy them for and they were brand new. Hell they were still banded together from when they were shipped from The Tire Rack.

INSANEBA
07-28-2011, 11:07 AM
There are some real asshats out there, I tell ya! This guys last name is Bostwick. He goes by bostwicksgsxr1 on psychobike, so he may use that name on some local forums....

93snake
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Got to love craigslist!!! wish I had all the extra time to play games like these jerks! anyhow got luck with the next guy!

foxbody
07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
what a douchebag

Stangman
07-28-2011, 01:50 PM
A friend of mine was selling an SHO Taurus for parts only, on CL, and put in caps FOR PARTS ONLY WILL NOT SELL WHOLE...

and you wouldnt believe the amount of people who kept trying to buy the whole car!!!

People cant read!!!!

plated
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
i love craigslist,i just bought a jeep off there the dumbass sold it cheap becouse it needed a headgasket,ended up being a clogged radiator and not a headgasket ,my new jeeps rock on the cheap at that thanks dumbass from norwood off craigslist :bigthumb

mad max
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Plated - what kinda of jeep ? Was it green , 4 door , 5 speed cherokee ? I think i towed one that matches your description down there a couple of months ago .

furiouslyfaster
07-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Craigslist is really hit or miss.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
I avoid Craigslist like a diseased hooker on meth

plated
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Plated - what kinda of jeep ? Was it green , 4 door , 5 speed cherokee ? I think i towed one that matches your description down there a couple of months ago .

99 cherokee sport black auto 4x4 turned out to be a really sweet deal for a change:rolleyes:

thecollector
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Drove to Trenton to buy a 3/4 torque wrench from a guy on C-list. He was asking $150- I had $160 in my pocket. He promised it worked correctly and was accurate. I get up and sure enough the thing is perfect(looking). Mate it up to my other 1/2 drive and go to check and it won't even click w/ 250 against it... I was pissed about getting my time wasted but sometimes you have to risk it for a deal.

I have also purchased/sold an immense amount of tools and other parts/vehicles on there w/ no problem.

Like it worked out for plated there are deals to be had on there, just got to be willing to have TALL BS waders.

Gstang117
07-28-2011, 07:46 PM
i love craigslist,i just bought a jeep off there the dumbass sold it cheap becouse it needed a headgasket,ended up being a clogged radiator and not a headgasket ,my new jeeps rock on the cheap at that thanks dumbass from norwood off craigslist :bigthumb

You need to come muddin with me and my brother!

plated
07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
You need to come muddin with me and my brother!

i'm ready,we can plan a trip to haspin i'll get a couple guy's together and make a day of it,just got my lift on and mudkings on i'm ready

redfirepearlgt
07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
I avoid Craigslist like a diseased hooker on meth

Now thats heavy avoidance. LOL!

Gstang117
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
i'm ready,we can plan a trip to haspin i'll get a couple guy's together and make a day of it,just got my lift on and mudkings on i'm ready

Sounds good! I've got to put a bushing on my lever for the fourwheel drive and get my hands on some skid plates (safety first kiddys!) and a winch, I'll be ready to go