PDA

View Full Version : Dave road race suspension question

aperacer
08-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Do you know anyone that is using the Steeda five link rear suspension setup

Black Horse
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I know several that had used that in the past. I think Robin Burnett ran it for several years (may have even been one of his championship years) and Jeff Feit had it in his Fox body. Everyone seems to find there own likes and dislikes about suspension set-ups. I personally have never driven a car with that particular set-up so I can't give you real experience feedback. My enginerdy background can always find something I don't like about each system, it seems to me that a 5-link set-up might be more prone to binding than say a 3-link.
I can certainly ask around if you want to talk to someone first hand.

aperacer
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Yes that would be great. Getting a feel for the 5link vs a torque arm set up

gbrown8439
08-20-2011, 08:14 PM
We just put a Maximum Motorsports torque arm back in a customers car to replace the 5 link that was in the car. He was having problems with the brackets for the 5 link slipping and having a lot of issues puting power down on corner exit.
He is muck happier with the torque arm.

I never drove the car so I can't give you any first hand knowledge but it is the least popular rear suspension at any American Iron race I have been to.

aperacer
08-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the input. Looks like I will be leaning towards the torque arm

Mista Bone
08-21-2011, 12:31 AM
We just put a Maximum Motorsports torque arm back in a customers car to replace the 5 link that was in the car. He was having problems with the brackets for the 5 link slipping and having a lot of issues puting power down on corner exit.
He is muck happier with the torque arm.

I never drove the car so I can't give you any first hand knowledge but it is the least popular rear suspension at any American Iron race I have been to.

Greg, were you/crew at Mid Ohio last weekend? I saw the MD hauler but never made it over there. Something about watching the weather and changing tires at last minute. Or was the hauler there for the dyno?

I really need a different job so I can "play" more.

gbrown8439
08-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I was there with the dyno.
Still haven't got the car out but I'm planning on hitting an event at Putnam on the 3rd.