PDA

View Full Version : Hague Watermax water softeners?

5.0calypso93lx
09-01-2011, 11:49 AM
The water here in New Richmond absolutely sucks to the point where I can't even wash dishes in my brand new dishwasher. I have a white residue all over everything that won't rinse off...

My neighbor that I know well has recently moved and their house is just sitting there vacant. I asked him if they had a water softener and that's when he tells me that he's actually trying to sell his water softener and that it's this Hague Watermax unit that he bought 4 years ago for $4k. He told me his price and it seems pretty good so I'm now looking into some research on the setup to see if that's the route I want to go. I don't plan on living here for a whole lot longer, but I can always take it with me if I move.

Anyone running one of these? If so, what are your opinions on them? Difficulty of installation?

Pitbull1052
09-01-2011, 12:05 PM
you need to google that white residue.... we had the same problem at our old house but it started about 6 months after we moved in, I don't remember what the exact issue was but it's something they stopped putting in the water not just from hard water... i'll see if i can find the article for you James.... it was really bad for us most of our dishes are a really dark blue and they looked terrible.

5.0calypso93lx
09-01-2011, 12:08 PM
you need to google that white residue.... we had the same problem at our old house but it started about 6 months after we moved in, I don't remember what the exact issue was but it's something they stopped putting in the water not just from hard water... i'll see if i can find the article for you James.... it was really bad for us most of our dishes are a really dark blue and they looked terrible.

That's kind of what has happened. I don't remember this being an issue 6 months ago when I first moved in.

Pitbull1052
09-01-2011, 12:12 PM
I misquoted it's actually the detergent there's new laws limiting the amount of phosphates in the detergent and that's why..... here's the fix

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/finally!-a-cure-for-white-film-on-dishes

Pitbull1052
09-01-2011, 12:15 PM
and daum i dunno which one of us is gayer you for bringing up dishes on the greatest mustang forum in the world or me for knowing the fix... lmao

Blowpastyou
09-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Get a water boss water softener. You'll be glad you did.

5.0calypso93lx
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM

Is there anything wrong with the Hague stuff? From a quick google search I did, the price for a new water boss and this Hague unit is about the same.

I still need to try and figure out what size of softener I even need for this place.

5.0calypso93lx
09-01-2011, 02:28 PM
I misquoted it's actually the detergent there's new laws limiting the amount of phosphates in the detergent and that's why..... here's the fix

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/finally!-a-cure-for-white-film-on-dishes

I've still got some of the older phosphate Cascade and that still doesn't work.

Pitbull1052
09-01-2011, 02:33 PM
did you try the vinager or the baking soda?

5.0calypso93lx
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
did you try the vinager or the baking soda?

I tried the vinegar but not baking soda. Either way, that is bs that I have to run that stuff through a 6 month old Whirlpool Gold dishwasher. My parents have an old 10 year GE dishwasher and they've NEVER had to do anything like this.

Pitbull1052
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I feel ya bro

Gstang117
09-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Its not just phosphate, there's a bunch of chemicals that they can't use in ohio.
Anyone else notice that their Purple power cleaner doesn't do as good as a job as it used to? That's why.

cstreu1026
09-01-2011, 09:10 PM

I have a waterboss 900 and have had some small issues with it but overall I am pretty happy with. Its very user friendly and easy to service yourself when issues to arise. Their technical support is also pretty good to deal with and its nice that they are located near Columbus. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if we moved.

5.0calypso93lx
09-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Unless something is dramatically wrong with the unit, I made the seller an offer on the Hague system and he accepted so I'll be installing it this weekend. Anything to look out for when checking the unit over?