PDA

View Full Version : BOOST QUESTION

Jrcmutang
09-03-2011, 08:38 AM
I have a 95 mustang with a 302, system max, and trick flow stage 1 cam, motor has cobra heads. Car has 373s in it. My problem is that when I got the car back from the builder it felt grear and would really pull when past 4k, well now it feels like it is pulling but not as hard and the blow off valve sounds different then before. I have checked all hoses, clamps, and pipes. Kind of lost?

novi306
09-03-2011, 12:00 PM
check the blow off valve spring assembly

Jrcmutang
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I just found online on how to make a boost leak detector, so we shall see

Adam@S&MMotorsports
09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Hook up your boost gauge and see what it is actually making, but I agree with checking the BOV spring...

Jrcmutang
09-13-2011, 08:04 PM
ok so had a boost gauge on it and snapped to 10 but wasnt even close to 15lbs. so i just removed and took apart the blow off, nothing looked exsessivly worn or ripped. The orangish diapram was fine, the bown seal near the bottom of the blow off looks cupped, is it supossed to be that way? Could it be the wastegate that bleeding off? Do any turbo people live around springboro that could possibly stop by and maybe go for a ride and listen?

Racin Jason
09-26-2011, 07:07 AM
Hey man what up. It's Jason. Hit me up I'm in Dayton. I could try n help u out. I currently have a turbo car
ok so had a boost gauge on it and snapped to 10 but wasnt even close to 15lbs. so i just removed and took apart the blow off, nothing looked exsessivly worn or ripped. The orangish diapram was fine, the bown seal near the bottom of the blow off looks cupped, is it supossed to be that way? Could it be the wastegate that bleeding off? Do any turbo people live around springboro that could possibly stop by and maybe go for a ride and listen?

Jrcmutang
09-27-2011, 04:17 PM
got it sorted out lol