PDA

View Full Version : Kids - Stuff you never forget - Share

beefcake
09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
My girls range from 22 to 8 littlest just turned 8. I swear she has only gained 7 pounds in the last 4 years. Just a tiny little thing.

We talked her into playing basketball, she really didn't care to, but her little "boyfriends" dad is the coach, so she decided it wasn't a bad idea (they start so young, lol)

There 3rd game was tonight, and she's been doing well on defense, but can barely get it to the rim.

She was under the basket, took a shot and it went in. The look on her face with her first basket was just awesome. It's one of those moments I'm sure i'll remember 20 years from now.

k062693w
09-04-2011, 11:47 PM
Very Cool Terry ... Nothing Better than Kids ...

2Kblacksleeper
09-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Thats great to hear. It will be one of those moments you never forget.

4EYED85GT
09-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Awesome. Bet the look on her dad's face was awesome too! Good Stuff!

skeptiq
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Took the family on vacation to California and last full day we spent at Disneyland. They have Jedi Training Academy 3 times each day... They pick a dozen kids out of the audience and they go through the "jedi school" and get a diploma. So my 5 year old caught the tail end of a show and said he wanted to do that... So the next show we got there and it was the last show of the day and the place was packed! He ended up getting chosen to do it and got to fight Darth Vader. The look on his face when they pointed to him was priceless!

You get frustrated with kids all the time, but moments like that make it totally worth it!

setty2706
09-07-2011, 03:24 PM
... That's awesome.. I cant wait to have the days when my daughter does things like that. I get amazed and happy when she comes out and wants to work with me in the garage..... for now she just likes to embarrass daddy
This just happened two weekends ago..

Me and the wife took our daughter out to go shopping for school clothes and decided to stop at outback steak house for dinner.. The hostess sat us in a booth along side the bar area. After a few minutes my daughter which is 5 yrs old and very outspoken like her father says.." dad this place is a bar'. i said Baby yes that is a bar but it is also a restaurant.. Without warning.. she starts laughing and says very loud with a Italian accent....." YO CAN I GET A BEER OVER HERE"...

I didnt know what to say but just busted out laughing and said SIT DOWN JADE lol...

I named here Karizma (charisma)... lets just say she has lived up to the name

beefcake
09-07-2011, 04:03 PM
good stories,

this was a few years back on vacation, but thought it would make for some cute pics

http://beefcake.biz/dakota.jpg

http://beefcake.biz/adrienne.jpg

mad max
09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
^ thats too funny , especially after settys story.