PDA

View Full Version : body shop & frame tech needed

beefcake
09-06-2011, 10:04 AM
our sign had a help wanted this morning,

just a heads up

Sparky
09-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, how nice of a shop do you guys have down there?

beefcake
09-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, how nice of a shop do you guys have down there?

i don't do body work, but i assume it's good, it's all new stuff since we moved the building

plated
09-08-2011, 07:13 AM
theres tons of bodyshops hiring,it's a quickly dying trade not many people getting into it and alot of people getting out of it,i see why they charge out the ass for work at shops,i'm about start doing the same thing,shit just aint worth the stress and not to mention the price of materials should be illegal ,i'm to the point i'm going to deal with the people i wanna deal with and thats it and pick what i want to work on,just another trade going belly up in this fucked economy :rolleyes:

MFIELD
09-08-2011, 07:50 AM
theres tons of bodyshops hiring,it's a quickly dying trade not many people getting into it and alot of people getting out of it,i see why they charge out the ass for work at shops,i'm about start doing the same thing,shit just aint worth the stress and not to mention the price of materials should be illegal ,i'm to the point i'm going to deal with the people i wanna deal with and thats it and pick what i want to work on,just another trade going belly up in this fucked economy :rolleyes:

I feel ya Chris, thats a big reason I made my move. You arent kiding on materials either.I just did a quick bumper job and had $200 in paint materials and I alread had the sealer. I enjoy working on cars again now that I dont do it for a living.

MrsAPE
09-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Reading above sucks. Son is taking it at Butler Tech for the next two years. Hopefully it will change.

Blackout
09-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I totally agree thats its a dying profession. It takes some artistic hands and knowledge to get the cars to come out right. There are always going to be the cheap-ass Macco paint booths but they frankly don't know what there doing half the time.

I can paint anything, but body work..........I will leave it to the professionals.:) I just simply am not any good at it.

91boost
09-08-2011, 02:05 PM

100% agree with you. Hell you cant even make any money doing this shit anymore because materials are so high. I repaired a front end on a 08 G6 and the red paint was $250 a quart.

plated
09-08-2011, 09:52 PM
100% agree with you. Hell you cant even make any money doing this shit anymore because materials are so high. I repaired a front end on a 08 G6 and the red paint was $250 a quart.is that all,i think you forgot the $200 gal of clear,$50 for reducer,tape and paper is $30,couple buffing pads and coumpounds is another $75,then you have to have a place to do the work,use 50 different tools to do one job better yet just dump your tool box on the floor,and work with toxic chemicals,i wouldn't recomend it to anyone,stay in school listen to your parents and go to college and pay someone to work on your car like beefcake does:D

bestracing
09-12-2011, 08:49 AM

Not to mention all the EPA crap a body shop must go through......

pegasus
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
That's why I'm buying a used da sander next
Year and getting tractor paint and a gun from tsc and teaching myself next summer but I only have to paint the back of the car...LOL