PDA

View Full Version : HUGE thanks to blown96cobra

sean
09-11-2011, 06:25 PM
There are some definate things that happen with people here that continue to shock me and make me very happy to be a part of this place. The first was when I was a brand new member and I blew up my tranny. Keith decker came all the way from ky to mason in his expedition with a tow dollie to get my car and take it to my home the next morning. I was broke and gave him what I had... $20.00. Amazing. So that leads to this post today. As a bunch of you know I had my 2001 mineral gray vert for sale. A guy contacted me from north carolina with a trade offer and would meet half way. I am having some problems with my foot that made it so i couldnt make the drive. I told josh (blown96cobra) that I was going to look into a transport. Without hesitation he said he would do it. That was 2 days ago. This morning josh came to my house, about an hour north of where he lives and picked up my car and drove it about 4 hours away to check out the other car and bring it back to me. He is now on his way back to me with my new to me car. I have talked to him here and text trade offers for his consideration and talked in person once at the spring cruise. He has talked me out of bad deals and tried offering me things for my car many times. For someone to do something like this for the simple reason of wanting to help, and drive a pretty cool car is what I believe this site is about. Thanks buddy. Appreciate it more than you will ever know.

plated
09-11-2011, 06:39 PM
you know how them ford guy's are:cool2: soooooooo what you get?

sean
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
a 92 calypso lx hatch that has a good list of parts including a lentech vb aod. Will post pics in a new thread when it gets here.

87stangbbb
09-11-2011, 08:14 PM
congrats...thats my favorite color on these cars

sean
09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
thank you. They went a bit overboard with the color painting the trim as well. I will get that sorted out eventually.

87stangbbb
09-11-2011, 08:30 PM
make sure u post pics. cant wait to see it.

chris91
09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah like I told you earlier Sean, that is just too cool. Ive dealt with Josh and hes definitely been a stand up guy. You have one badass ride heading your way.

cobra429boss
09-11-2011, 09:17 PM
:postpix: hahahaha

beefcake
09-11-2011, 09:59 PM
very cool :)

mad max
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Very nice , sounds like a very standup guy. Hard to find in this world these days. Congrats on the new ride.

chris91
09-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Shhh, teaser pic till Sean gets his own. :)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/blown94ls/Seanstang.jpg

sean
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
lol thanks man. I am not a fox guy but this thing is darn near perfect. I think I may like foxes after all

sean
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I will get some good pics in the days to come. chris I will stop out so we can get that done.

cobra429boss
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
looks good what kind of tires in the back

sean
09-11-2011, 11:48 PM
mickey thompson et street

sean
09-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Talked to josh and he ran into some rain on the way back. Said it wasnt the most fun he ever had.

blown96cobra
09-12-2011, 12:36 AM
Yea that was a wild ride back. Long story short I ran into a really hard rain and the et drag radials just completely let go. The car was crossed up so bad at one point I was spun around in the middle of 75 looking straight at a semi. How I wiggled outta that one I'll never figure out. But the look on seans face when he saw/heard that car made it all worth it.

This ones a keeper Sean I doubt you'll ever find one this nice/clean again!

chris91
09-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Hey Sean I think you should buy him a pack of undies. lol Im sure after that he needs em!!

sean
09-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Lol. crazy. I'm glad he knows how to drive.

2Kblacksleeper
09-12-2011, 06:20 AM
It looks really clean.

cobra429boss
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
mickey thompson et street

wow that could of ended up bad, i had same thing happen to me.. was on M/T ET Drag Radials...

does it have ET street slicks or ET street drag radials

sean
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Street drag radials. I may put some tires with tread in them back there.

blown96cobra
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
wow that could of ended up bad, i had same thing happen to me.. was on M/T ET Drag Radials...

does it have ET street slicks or ET street drag radials

Bad is an understatement. I almost shat myself and ended up and ugly hood ornament on a kenworth. I had to pull over and sit for about 10min until I quit shaking. The auburn locker is the culprit as soon as you start moving forward it locks both axles in. The et street radials are brand new I really didn't think they'd get that slick when there wet. My nitto drag radials would hook in a down pour if you dumped the clutch.

On a good note that's probably the nicest fox body I've ever seen. The parts list will give you wood an it drives down the road great(if it's dry). The lentech aode is sweet I really want one now for my coupe. Someone has spent a fortune on that car and it shows with all the great parts and attention to detail.

firestang70
09-12-2011, 04:55 PM
^ well played sir^

chris91
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
The parts list will give you wood.

I know, Sean sent it to me and I was like DAMN, kept reading, DAMN, and read some more, GOT DAMN!! Sean you NEED to take this bish to the track to see what she has for sure man! :bigthumb

And let Josh drive it since he almost met his maker on the trip home. :D

cobra429boss
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Street drag radials. I may put some tires with tread in them back there.

let me know if you wanna sell em ..

sean
09-13-2011, 01:02 AM
I really like the welds back there. I believe josh gave me the idea to get some jegs look alikes and put the dr's on those and then I will put some 275 something's with street tread on the welds and use those when I am just out playing. I dont know though. I usually dont get the toys out when its raining but I guess you never know what may happen while your out. Josh you want to see a clean fox wate till you see kevin's in person. Mine is a 9/10 all day but I think his is a 10. my car was a nc car too so theres no rust on it anywhere. I will be at the fall cruise at edgewater (not running it ) but I cant make the street car shoot out this year. I am moving that weekend.

sean
09-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Chris. The setup on it now I believe was being built for some kind of boost. S/C or turbo. Its ready for that now but without one of those mid 12's on motor. Prob high 12's. Talking to josh the intake is wrong but more than that the heads are to big. We were talking about swapping the heads but its plenty fast for me and if I just get a tune (It needs one badly. Barely wants to idle and is a bit rich) I think it will wake up enough. That and I like not needing to do much to turbo it. I am really hoping the A.D.D. monster stays away and I keep this one.

chris91
09-13-2011, 02:23 AM
You sure it wasnt built for that lil bottle in the hatch? lol Is that Cobra Manifold ported at all? Im sure with some work that Mani will go a long way. And Id keep those heads man. Over winter start saving up for a stroker and the heads will fit in perfect.

Lemme know when you want to get some pics. Mine is begging for some new ones too since I detailed it. She is shinin better than ever.

sean
09-13-2011, 02:36 AM
Lol. Theres a bottle in the hatch already. Its empty and I have no plans to use it. I have an addictive personality. Lol I'm hoping to come out for pics soon. I have a few bugs to work out. Hope to have that done tomorrow.

chris91
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Dont be scared of the bottle. Lol

sean
09-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Lol. I'm scared of the addition. Lol for now my wallet says just say no.