PDA

View Full Version : Car Capsule or Nice Car Cover???

leroy93lx
09-19-2011, 08:23 PM
I have been looking at nice car covers lately to get ready to put the cars up for the winter. I ran across the "Car Capsule" which is basically a bubble for your car! I keep thinking of the pros and cons of going either way. I like the thought of the bubble where nothing can touch the car and it will always stay clean. I just worry that it will be a pain in the ass if you want to move cars around. One of our local car collectors has about 10 of them and likes them, but his cars seldom move. Not that mine move much either...... but He has 40 to chose from , so his move even less! Here is a link to the Bubble set up

http://www.carcapsule.com/

What would you guys do? A super nice custom made car cover or a big ass bubble?? HaHa They will cost about the same.

heyitsmepugsley
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
wow thats different. iv never seen one... does the fan run continuosly?

leroy93lx
09-19-2011, 08:53 PM
The way it reads it does run at all times. That kinda worries me that it may over heat or burn up but the local guy has had no issues with his.

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-19-2011, 08:57 PM
I'd be concerned with mold and moisture getting in it.

leroy93lx
09-19-2011, 09:05 PM
It will be in a climate controlled area for the most part. It also says that the "continuous air flow" helps eliminate that...... supposedly. I might buy one and see how it does and if it works decent I will buy more. I just hope field mice can't (won't) chew through it! Having the farm land all around us we get varments in the barn!

85_SS_302_Coupe
09-19-2011, 09:24 PM
yeah i guess constantly blowing air into the bubble could keep things dry as long as it isn't sucking in moist air. Another thing is the quality of air it's pulling in...it could be spitting dust onto your car unless it has some kind of filter setup and then you're looking at keeping up with the filter changes through a season of storage.

heyitsmepugsley
09-19-2011, 09:29 PM
that was kinda what i was thinking but surely there is some kind of filtration. but im kinda intrigued by this. i vote try one out and keep us updated.

furiouslyfaster
09-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Those are cool as heck just think that a car cover would be just as good. You could get one and put foam peanuts in it with your car and set it in your yard and make a snow globe out of it. :D

http://www.christmaslights25.com/files/2009/12/yard-inflatable-decoration-snow-globe.jpg

bestracing
09-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I like the thought of the bubble where nothing can touch the car and it will always stay clean.

Well it will still have to touch the car when you first pull it in and start to inflate it. Also if you don't monitor it while inflating it the bubble can and will drag across the paint. So the only difference between the two is one has air circulating around it. I have had my car in my unheated garage and have never seen moisture condense on it.

A car cover should be just fine as long as it's made for indoor storage and you don't move the cover around too much when it's on the car and never store anything on top of the cover.

I've been considering a car cover due to the fact that my car gets covered with lots of dust over the winter and I'd like to keep it clean for once.

I just hope field mice can't (won't) chew through it! Having the farm land all around us we get varments in the barn!

I've heard from others including something in a Hagerty Mag that putting dryer sheets in a car helps deter mice and rodents. Plus it makes the car smell nice

It looks like they sell replacement filters but it looks like those foam filters you see on the back of test equipment and you still have dust inside of those as well,